Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2024, 08:13 PM

20 posts, read 11,886 times

Advertisements

I thought that everything was done randomly. I have a log number of 44, *** but I have been assuming that the log numbers are picked out in a batch, so it won't go from 1,2,3... etc however but 3**, 45,***, 1,***... etc. starting from 3** then going up to the next number randomly picked. Is that not correct or how does it really work. I have worked with Iafford before and they are great but again my log number was high so even though I was contacted twice to submit paperwork, the project ran out of units. I was hoping for this one!! I really want to move! And I qualify for 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom. I wish everyone luck! and thank you Brittany for everything, you are the only marketing agent that communicates with us! @brittanyv616
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2024, 09:40 AM

11 posts, read 10,701 times
Hi friends!

I was also asked to submit the 1st set of docs on 12/22 and haven't heard back yet. I am CB and my log number is 12XXX so hoping to hear soon! Has anyone who was asked to submit docs on 12/22 gotten a tour yet?

Praying for this apartment- it's my dream. Good luck to us all!

Old 01-05-2024, 11:25 AM

28 posts, read 30,359 times
Hi all! Just wanted to share my journey here in case anyone is interested. I am CB and my log number is 2XXX. I submitted my application on 9/25 and was initially contacted on 12/13 to submit the first set of documents. Then I was contacted on 1/2 for some additional documents. The day after (1/3) they reached out to me to have my employer fill out a form since they noticed a bonus check I had received and wanted to verify my total income. I was contacted that same day to schedule a viewing for the next day (1/4), which I attended.

I can confirm that the building was a dream. So spacious, beautiful, thoughtfully designed, and feels so luxurious. I was very impressed. I qualified for a studio as well as a 1BR.

Good luck, everyone!!!

Old 01-05-2024, 01:29 PM

21 posts, read 20,563 times
What other options do I have besides submitting a lease? They want a copy of my lease, however I am renting a room. HELP PLS!!! Would they disqualify me for this??

Old 01-05-2024, 02:01 PM

196 posts, read 177,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynnyc718 View Post
What other options do I have besides submitting a lease? They want a copy of my lease, however I am renting a room. HELP PLS!!! Would they disqualify me for this??
Hey there,

You should be fine.

I got an apartment through Housing Connect a year ago and before that I was also subletting a room. This didn't disqualify me - I submitted my landlord's proof of ownership of the apartment and proof of rent payments. I consented to a credit check in the end since I wasn't on a lease. Also, don't be afraid to let them know your situation, I was very transparent with my agent at the time and it worked out.

I'm here if you want to dm me any more questions.

Old 01-05-2024, 02:31 PM

268 posts, read 304,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynnyc718 View Post
Submit a letter stating that you live where you live and pay x amount. Have it signed and notarized should be good to go with that! Good luck!

Old 01-05-2024, 02:32 PM

268 posts, read 304,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylouwho123 View Post
Hi all! Just wanted to share my journey here in case anyone is interested. I am CB and my log number is 2XXX. I submitted my application on 9/25 and was initially contacted on 12/13 to submit the first set of documents. Then I was contacted on 1/2 for some additional documents. The day after (1/3) they reached out to me to have my employer fill out a form since they noticed a bonus check I had received and wanted to verify my total income. I was contacted that same day to schedule a viewing for the next day (1/4), which I attended.

I can confirm that the building was a dream. So spacious, beautiful, thoughtfully designed, and feels so luxurious. I was very impressed. I qualified for a studio as well as a 1BR.

Good luck, everyone!!!
Thanks for your update & Good luck! What AMI are you in?

Old 01-05-2024, 04:00 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:

Good luck, everyone!!!
Congrats! Did you take any pictures of videos when you toured that you could share?

Old 01-05-2024, 07:16 PM

40 posts, read 40,846 times
Quote:

Good luck, everyone!!!
Thanks so much for sharing! Do you have a move in date yet?

Old 01-05-2024, 11:56 PM

123 posts, read 122,436 times
For anyone who has chosen a credit check instead, do you know what credit companies they use to get your credit report?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery