Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2023, 10:00 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starskyj View Post
Looked at the map you literally have to walk 15 blocks to get on the G train. The blocks are not huge but see it as equal to 8 long city blocks so this would be like a 25 min walk.
That's my biggest issue with this one. Building looks great but I am lucky to live 1 block from a transit hub right now and not having good transit access would be an issue for me.

I'm also concerned about flooding in this area, anyone live around here know if that is an issue since it's basically right on the water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2023, 10:27 AM

36 posts, read 36,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avala View Post
Not really, I currently live in a lottery unit in the building next door and can get to the 7 in 20 minutes and the G in 15 tops.
I was looking at the gogole maps gps showed 15 blocks but visually i didnt know how big the blocks were i just assumed they were half a long city block. But if you say its 15-20 muin for 7 and g train even better.

Old 12-14-2023, 12:13 PM

6 posts, read 5,983 times
I'm 10,*** and I was just asked to submit docs. That seems so fast?

Also - what does preference mean?

Old 12-14-2023, 12:19 PM

530 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgal View Post
I'm 10,*** and I was just asked to submit docs. That seems so fast?

Also - what does preference mean?
awesome,

what is your ami and household size.

Preferences are a part of this lottery, 50% is for community board (people who live in the same community board as the building), 5% for mobility related disability, 2% for hearing/vision disability and 5% is for municipal employee.

Since you got contacted this quick you must be either in the CB or one of the preferences. Only after all preferences are accounted for they move to the general population (anyone outside of the community board but in the 5 boroughs)

Also the agency running this lottery is a part of Brittneys team, I wish all agencies aspired to be like her and her team, the work ethic / the transparency and effectiveness is second to none. If I was a developer I'd want someone like her agency help with my affordable lease up. In the near future I'd imagine her winning a lot of bids to do affordable units as I am sure her marketing material quantifying her speed and tactfulness is probably insanely impressive.

Last edited by nevinasb; 12-14-2023 at 12:37 PM..

Old 12-14-2023, 12:43 PM

42 posts, read 30,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
That's my biggest issue with this one. Building looks great but I am lucky to live 1 block from a transit hub right now and not having good transit access would be an issue for me.

I'm also concerned about flooding in this area, anyone live around here know if that is an issue since it's basically right on the water?
I worked just south of there for 5 years, maybe 10 blocks away from the tower, and the streets would flood when it was REALLY BAD, but only if the subways are also flooded. hope that helps!

Old 12-14-2023, 02:29 PM

585 posts, read 583,989 times
I looked on the tower 77 website and only select units will have in unit w/d so I'm guessing the lottery units won't have it ...hopefully the apartments are the same as market rate tenants

Old 12-14-2023, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliceobri View Post
I worked just south of there for 5 years, maybe 10 blocks away from the tower, and the streets would flood when it was REALLY BAD, but only if the subways are also flooded. hope that helps!
Geez, that's what I was worried about. My number sucks anyway but I'm not too disappointed. Thanks for the info!

Old 12-15-2023, 10:04 AM

30 posts, read 34,505 times
My log number 75xxx with preference and was not picked lol. But I did apply same day and hour it went up.

Last edited by Mstrudia; 12-15-2023 at 10:15 AM..

Old 12-15-2023, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrudia View Post
My log number 75xxx with preference and was not picked lol. But I did apply same day and hour it went up.
Logs have been assigned but not everyone is contacted at once. Depending on your preference and how many people with lower logs have the same preference, you may still be called in the future.

Note that when you applied had no impact. Your log # was generated randomly after the application period closed for everyone.

Old 12-15-2023, 11:41 AM

30 posts, read 34,505 times
I see what you’re saying. Hmmm. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery