Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2023, 04:43 PM

66 posts, read 47,300 times

Advertisements

I have section 8 but also working! Good credit score My voucher is for 3 bedroom log 521 I see they only have like 15 3bed! I hope I can get one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2023, 10:22 AM

46 posts, read 38,438 times
80% AMI, CB preference, 1bdroom, 1 person, log 8xxx asked to submit documents 12/13, submitted documents.

What are my chances here? Anyone have a timeline since the building is a new construction? Is there a way to submit additional documents after the initial submission? Who can I contact to schedule a tour?

Old 12-16-2023, 10:49 AM

112 posts, read 96,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citymapper View Post
80% AMI, CB preference, 1bdroom, 1 person, log 8xxx asked to submit documents 12/13, submitted documents.

What are my chances here? Anyone have a timeline since the building is a new construction? Is there a way to submit additional documents after the initial submission? Who can I contact to schedule a tour?
Don’t submit more documents until they ask for them. They will contact you when they are ready to give tours. People already live in the building so the units are probably ready. The timeline is different for each building and each agency. This is a process so just take it easy. And it depends how many people they call at once.

Old 12-16-2023, 10:54 AM

46 posts, read 38,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirlie View Post
Don’t submit more documents until they ask for them. They will contact you when they are ready to give tours. People already live in the building so the units are probably ready. The timeline is different for each building and each agency. This is a process so just take it easy. And it depends how many people they call at once.

Thanks for this, I really appreciate it. Im new to the process and reading all the forums basically means I need to be patient. If anyone else has any more insight that would be great. Thanks! and best of luck to anyone who else is hoping for one of these!

Old 12-17-2023, 12:28 PM

42 posts, read 30,931 times
Is the highest log contacted 8xxx CB?

Old 12-17-2023, 01:36 PM

268 posts, read 304,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliceobri View Post
Is the highest log contacted 8xxx CB?
No looks like 10k is the highest in CB that was asked to submit.

Old 12-17-2023, 02:58 PM

188 posts, read 136,773 times
Anyone in the general population asked to submit docs?

Old 12-17-2023, 03:12 PM

529 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larubiaxo View Post
Anyone in the general population asked to submit docs?
its going to be a while for that !

At least a month I'd say, and if it does happen sooner than that it's cuz this marketing agency is super efficient and quick in processing.

Old 12-17-2023, 03:53 PM

112 posts, read 96,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjen23 View Post
No looks like 10k is the highest in CB that was asked to submit.
This is so surprising they are calling numbers THIS high already! Do you think this agency is like reside where they call way too many applicants at once?

I won a lottery in Greenpoint with log ~6xxx with CB preference and they called me a year after the lottery first closed!

Old 12-17-2023, 03:59 PM

529 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirlie View Post
This is so surprising they are calling numbers THIS high already! Do you think this agency is like reside where they call way too many applicants at once?

I won a lottery in Greenpoint with log ~6xxx with CB preference and they called me a year after the lottery first closed!
Every logical agency is going to call more than less applicants, even with such an excessive call a lot of applicants end up not qualifying / get rejected and or find out that their income was not in the band that the lottery was for.

Processing time for agencies is directly related to the quality of workers in the agency and the leadership team. Brittany is on these forums and has always been very quick, transparent and efficient.

You may still have gripes if you are on the other end of the lottery game, but Id say for a lottery this size the marketing agency is as good as it gets, my only concern will be that since their team is doing very well there running a lot more lotteries than they did when they started. It can become a bite off more than you can chew issue, but if they're hiring more people and training them well its a very lucrative business and speedy/efficient processing is gold dust to all the developers who need help filling up the lottery rental units.

Most marketing agencies a really crappy / no transparency / no ability to contact agents / agents hide behind email addresses and never respond to your calls or emails, even if they do they're always like phantom people you never know who youre dealing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery