Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2024, 07:18 AM

14 posts, read 8,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Tears View Post
Alright...I can finally announce that after being offered a one-bedroom, losing the one-bedroom 48 hours later to someone with a lower log number who appealed, then being offered a studio which I declined...and then ONE MONTH LATER being offered another one-bedroom...THE LEASE HAS BEEN SIGNED AND COUNTERSIGNED and I am moving in on April 15!!! CB preference with 80% AMI. Thanks to everyone who sent me good vibes along the way. ESPECIALLY BRITTANY. !!! Thank you, Brittany.
SO happy for you, congratsssssss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2024, 07:33 AM

10 posts, read 5,519 times
Hi!

For those who are getting set to move-in in April…how is scheduling your move-in going? I’ve already booked movers but waiting to hear (over 2weeks) from building concierge & management confirming whether I am approved for the date and time slot I have requested (I’ve already sent proof of renter’s insurance and COI).

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 03-17-2024, 08:26 AM

45 posts, read 32,213 times
Hi,

It was so funny because they were like EMAIL THE CONCIERGE ASAP to book your spot. Before I even could, the concierge emailed me and I asked what spots were available and DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING.

So...I have this feeling that you should 1) assume you are slotted in and 2) email them again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiriTro View Post
Hi!

For those who are getting set to move-in in April…how is scheduling your move-in going? I’ve already booked movers but waiting to hear (over 2weeks) from building concierge & management confirming whether I am approved for the date and time slot I have requested (I’ve already sent proof of renter’s insurance and COI).

Thanks!

Old 03-18-2024, 09:18 AM

11 posts, read 8,600 times
Quote:
Hi!

Thanks!
concierge got back to me within a day of me reaching out but i also provided them all the necessary details and forms. try following up again.

Old 03-18-2024, 11:28 AM

45 posts, read 32,213 times
Just curious if anyone is living in the North Tower above floor 6? Just heard that the elevators still aren't ready for people in the North Tower...

Old 03-18-2024, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Hi,

It was so funny because they were like EMAIL THE CONCIERGE ASAP to book your spot. Before I even could, the concierge emailed me and I asked what spots were available and DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING.

So...I have this feeling that you should 1) assume you are slotted in and 2) email them again...
Exactly this! I did follow up (twice) but still nothing…I’ll go ahead and assume that I’m penciled in somewhere

Old 03-19-2024, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Exactly this! I did follow up (twice) but still nothing…I’ll go ahead and assume that I’m penciled in somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrogarcia View Post
concierge got back to me within a day of me reaching out but i also provided them all the necessary details and forms. try following up again.
Thanks for your reply. I did provide them with renters and COI. But good news—they have finally replied to me and all is set.

Old 03-19-2024, 10:36 AM

292 posts, read 271,947 times
Quote:
Alright...I can finally announce that after being offered a one-bedroom, losing the one-bedroom 48 hours later to someone with a lower log number who appealed, then being offered a studio which I declined...and then ONE MONTH LATER being offered another one-bedroom...THE LEASE HAS BEEN SIGNED AND COUNTERSIGNED and I am moving in on April 15!!! CB preference with 80% AMI. Thanks to everyone who sent me good vibes along the way. ESPECIALLY BRITTANY. !!! Thank you, Brittany.
Ayyyy, you're welcome! Congrats!

Old 03-20-2024, 07:17 AM

15 posts, read 7,917 times
My application has been stuck in review with HPD for just over a week. I checked in to see if my contact at AFNY could tell me anything but she didn't have an update. So close but yet so far.

Old 03-20-2024, 08:15 AM

16 posts, read 10,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshaa View Post
Ok. Is the apartment spacious? How'd you like it?
We were shown two apartments and the second one ( the one that we chose ) was pretty spacious and nice. It's 2 bedrooms. I can send you pictures/videos if you'd like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery