Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2024, 03:35 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweng1 View Post
Yea so I qualify with several AMI at 40,50 and 60% ranging from a studio,1 and 2 bedroom. she did not offer for me to view any, just stated that I will be placed on a waiting list. Is really hard for me to believe with such low log number and so many different overlaps that there is none available, actually seems impossible right now at this point in time.

So, My household is 2 People. these are the units I qualify for.
Studio 50%, (39-56K) 3Units
Studio 60% (48-67) 10Units
1 Bedroom 50% (42-56) 2Units
1 bedroom 60% (51-67) 13Units
2 bedroom 40% (51-56) 4 Units
They told you ‘no units at your AMI’. Did they say which AMI% or AMI%s they meant?
Consider sending a brief message saying you believe you qualify at three different AMI% levels. Maybe this escaped them. Have they concluded that there are no units for you at any of these levels?

It could be that you will get an offer from the waitlist when another log# declines a unit.

Since it’s new construction, you can ask are all the units that you might qualify for been completed for occupancy. There are examples sometimes where not all the units in a large building are ready.

Half of all units go to CB preference. 62 out of 100 go to some preference categories. The preference categories are fulfilled by any combination of units. That means, CB preference might take all the studios, or all the 60% AMI allotment, or none, or any combination. CB preference is not limited to taking only half of a certain type of unit, the limit is half of the entire number of units in any combination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2024, 05:12 PM

66 posts, read 47,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larubiaxo View Post
My contact person is Johanna!! She’s a gem!
La rubia! Yes Johanna is very responsible and professional! I send her a email and she responds in less than a hour, very nice!

Old 03-21-2024, 07:34 PM

45 posts, read 32,213 times
I was told there were no more units available in my AMI, put on a waiting list and one month later was given a one bedroom! It can happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweng1 View Post
Hello, I was reached out for general public Log number 33 on 2/05/2024. told to submit additional paperwork 3/6/2024. Today 3/21/2024 I was told that there are no more units at my AMI, mind you I have a extremely low log number and seeing other's post here with higher log numbers and my same AMI too turn in paperwork. What is a way I can confirm these people are being fair this is not making sense. Is there a stateshare point in which we can confirm because im a bit skeptical at this point. I also wanna add that on the website it gives that i qualify for a few different units ranging from studio to 2 bedroom.

Old 03-21-2024, 07:36 PM

45 posts, read 32,213 times
The two bedroom I was shown did NOT have a washer and dryer, but on the same floor had a large laundromat area.

The studios and one bedrooms I was shown all had washer and dryers. I think it truly varies unit to unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
It says washer dryer in selected units ...

Old 03-22-2024, 06:04 AM

22 posts, read 15,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viajetjaguar View Post
I've been contacted to submit documents for this building. My log number is # 1xx with no preferences. I'm hoping with this low log number, I'll be able to finally land something. I've been selected numerous times before, but with much higher log numbers and things haven't worked out.

From reading up, it looks like people have been making progress with this location, but can anyone provide clarity as to why I'd be selected so late with such a low log number. I assume it has to do with no having those preferences and thus the wave of no preferences getting contacted begins now.

Good luck everyone!
this lottery has been a wild ride.

• selected - 2/5
--docs submitted - 2/5
• additional docs requested - 3/7
--docs submitted - 3/9
• viewed units & made an offer - 3/11
--The room wasn't very spacious, but was aesthetically pleasing with a lot of closet space, nice views of the water, a nice bathroom, and in-unit washer & dryer. The lobby, and building amenities are aesthetically impressive, but very much under construction. the garage is under construction as are the outdoor terrace spaces and some fixtures in miscellaneous hallways. Even 1 elevator we took at one point still rendered exposed materials needing to be finished and a questionable response time to button prompt (I actually considered that my touring party might get stuck on the elevator mid-tour). I was told that the construction should be completed by June, but these are not huge hindrances to be honest. However, they are contributing to the costs and wouldn't be able to really be enjoyed until June allegedly. The pool is a 3 lane pool that is relatively small and shallow the entire way (still a nice amenity, but you'll add $250 to your monthly for access). The gym was impressive, but small. The sauna/spa was very small especially for the amount of apartments within these buildings. The mail/package room was very impressive. All in all, this location feels a little like a sham at first, but within a year I do think this will be an amazing location neighborhood wise (with patience). Behind the building is the appearance of a vacant lot that is intended to become a park within a year.

*My opinion: I am in the 80% AMI and was shown a 100% AMI Studio. The rent communicated while viewing didn't match my AMI's and I was told to inquire with my e-mail contact at the property managing office to investigate that. I did and was told that due to my income docs., I qualify for a 100% AMI Unit. My contact even sent me my literal income as per the documents submitted and this number STILL didn't put me in the 100% AMI. I reached out to HPD to get a second perspective and even they responded that this isn't supposed to happen. Literally, while talking to HPD, i receive an explanation from the contact saying that all 80% AMI studios & 1-bedrooms were given to people with CB preference. So, I'm fortunate to be offered a place I don't qualify for and I, as a NYC native, love other natives getting priority, but I do recommend exercising caution as it seems they care more about filling rooms than our ability to live their practically.*

I am currently still mulling over the decision, intend to respond to them soon and have updated the spread sheet thus far. I'll update this again at that point. Wishing you all the best!

Old 03-22-2024, 03:36 PM

188 posts, read 136,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viajetjaguar View Post
this lottery has been a wild ride.

• selected - 2/5
--docs submitted - 2/5
• additional docs requested - 3/7
--docs submitted - 3/9
• viewed units & made an offer - 3/11
--The room wasn't very spacious, but was aesthetically pleasing with a lot of closet space, nice views of the water, a nice bathroom, and in-unit washer & dryer. The lobby, and building amenities are aesthetically impressive, but very much under construction. the garage is under construction as are the outdoor terrace spaces and some fixtures in miscellaneous hallways. Even 1 elevator we took at one point still rendered exposed materials needing to be finished and a questionable response time to button prompt (I actually considered that my touring party might get stuck on the elevator mid-tour). I was told that the construction should be completed by June, but these are not huge hindrances to be honest. However, they are contributing to the costs and wouldn't be able to really be enjoyed until June allegedly. The pool is a 3 lane pool that is relatively small and shallow the entire way (still a nice amenity, but you'll add $250 to your monthly for access). The gym was impressive, but small. The sauna/spa was very small especially for the amount of apartments within these buildings. The mail/package room was very impressive. All in all, this location feels a little like a sham at first, but within a year I do think this will be an amazing location neighborhood wise (with patience). Behind the building is the appearance of a vacant lot that is intended to become a park within a year.

*My opinion: I am in the 80% AMI and was shown a 100% AMI Studio. The rent communicated while viewing didn't match my AMI's and I was told to inquire with my e-mail contact at the property managing office to investigate that. I did and was told that due to my income docs., I qualify for a 100% AMI Unit. My contact even sent me my literal income as per the documents submitted and this number STILL didn't put me in the 100% AMI. I reached out to HPD to get a second perspective and even they responded that this isn't supposed to happen. Literally, while talking to HPD, i receive an explanation from the contact saying that all 80% AMI studios & 1-bedrooms were given to people with CB preference. So, I'm fortunate to be offered a place I don't qualify for and I, as a NYC native, love other natives getting priority, but I do recommend exercising caution as it seems they care more about filling rooms than our ability to live their practically.*

I am currently still mulling over the decision, intend to respond to them soon and have updated the spread sheet thus far. I'll update this again at that point. Wishing you all the best!

I would say just for the opportunity to even have the voucher I would take whichever apartment they give me as long as I can afford it! Once you have the voucher you have preference also if you were to get called for another lottery apartment as I heard.

Old 03-22-2024, 03:37 PM

Anyone have any updates that are in the GP?

Old 03-22-2024, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larubiaxo View Post
Anyone have any updates that are in the GP?
They sent me an email for a second round of document which included choosing if I wanted a credit check or 12 months of rent! This happened on March 21! I sent everything for what they asked the same day! the waiting game again! My God, how anxious I feel with this lottery!

Old 03-22-2024, 05:04 PM

I'm also in the process with Sven! but I'm not so interested because the 3 rooms don't have a living room! can you believe it? but I continue with the process in case that something goes wrong with Tower 77, but Sven is moving fast in the process, let see!

Old 03-22-2024, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soby View Post
They sent me an email for a second round of document which included choosing if I wanted a credit check or 12 months of rent! This happened on March 21! I sent everything for what they asked the same day! the waiting game again! My God, how anxious I feel with this lottery!
Awesome! How long did it take to hear for the second round of documents?( 12 month rent payment or credit check) and maybe I ask your log number and AMI?

Hope you get an apartment! I’m so anxious to get one my AMI is 40% and log 2,6xx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery