Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2023, 09:38 AM

8 posts, read 4,733 times

Advertisements

So my journey continues, 2nd time appeal denied from Marketing agent. Following I made a complaint to HDC, submitted all the documents to compliance email I sent it this past Tuesdays when the marketing agent again declined my appeal. I spoke to very nice lady in HDC compliance helpline, and i sent a follow up email Thursday. Has anyone been through this? Please share your experiences, timeframe or any advices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2023, 09:42 AM

180 posts, read 122,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgr9000 View Post
So my journey continues, 2nd time appeal denied from Marketing agent. Following I made a complaint to HDC, submitted all the documents to compliance email I sent it this past Tuesdays when the marketing agent again declined my appeal. I spoke to very nice lady in HDC compliance helpline, and i sent a follow up email Thursday. Has anyone been through this? Please share your experiences, timeframe or any advices.

yup, had this happen to me with the tax soulute agency. i appealed and my appeal was rejected in seconds... i doubt they even read or went through my documents..... hdc sided with them, biggest heartbreak ever but i am still applying and hopefully things go through elsewhere.

what agency rejected you?

Old 09-23-2023, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by affordablekeisha View Post
yup, had this happen to me with the tax soulute agency. i appealed and my appeal was rejected in seconds... i doubt they even read or went through my documents..... hdc sided with them, biggest heartbreak ever but i am still applying and hopefully things go through elsewhere.

what agency rejected you?
the marketing agent rejected my appeal, under the grounds that i took a loan against a pending lawsuit and they are deeming it as income,( the marketing agent stated im getting a loan every month which is false even my attorney wrote in the letter so the next step was going to HDC compliance now Im waiting on them to answer back .

Old 09-23-2023, 09:57 AM

532 posts, read 414,009 times
Quote:
the marketing agent rejected my appeal, under the grounds that i took a loan against a pending lawsuit and they are deeming it as income,( the marketing agent stated im getting a loan every month which is false even my attorney wrote in the letter so the next step was going to HDC compliance now Im waiting on them to answer back .

sounds like its not a loan but rental assistance, I could be wrong but looks like you are involved in a rental lawsuit and are getting help with rental payment or some other kind of assistance which falls under income since its constant and the amount is coming into your accounts

Old 09-23-2023, 10:13 AM

50 posts, read 57,806 times
Quote:

whats HDC compliance helpline number

Old 09-23-2023, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
sounds like its not a loan but rental assistance, I could be wrong but looks like you are involved in a rental lawsuit and are getting help with rental payment or some other kind of assistance which falls under income since its constant and the amount is coming into your accounts

no it wasnt for rental lawsuit that was an accident lawsuit ( i took a loan against the settlement " which is still in litigation therefore idk if im even going to win it' which is not an income under the guidelines of hud anything you have to pay back is not considered income)

Old 09-23-2023, 10:35 AM

290 posts, read 275,043 times
I had a very unhelpful encounter with HPD on more than one occasion. In both cases my Mitchell Lama waitlist number was skipped over and despite all my efforts and documentation I received no help whatsoever. Good Luck to you. I hope you prevail.

Old 09-23-2023, 11:03 AM

Quote:
no it wasnt for rental lawsuit that was an accident lawsuit ( i took a loan against the settlement " which is still in litigation therefore idk if im even going to win it' which is not an income under the guidelines of hud anything you have to pay back is not considered income)
So I imagine it's a cash advancement for a pending lawsuit that has not been finalized. And I am also assuming its monthly withdrawals or was it a lump sump borrowing once.

In the case its regular withdrawals they can mistakenly count it as income, but if it was a lump sump payment thats very good odds to have it not count as income as one time payment even from family doesnt count as income.

If its a monthly deposit then a notarized letter showing what the payment is and why it shouldnt be counted as income. If the apartment youre in consideration is worth it having a CPA write that letter can go a long way in helping your case.

Old 09-23-2023, 11:10 AM

No it was a 1 time thing even the attorney wrote it was a loan and that i have to pay that back. PS the marketing agent was very rude and seemed like she was bored out of her life

Old 09-23-2023, 11:13 AM

Quote:
No it was a 1 time thing even the attorney wrote it was a loan and that i have to pay that back. PS the marketing agent was very rude and seemed like she was bored out of her life
Then get your documents in line, if you were given a lump sump there will definitely be enough of a document trail that shows what and why the transfer was made.

In such situations, facts are a lot more dominating than feelings/sentiments. So don't let the agency's lack of courtesy get the better of you. Submit a strong factual supportive statement showing clearly this is not income but a loan lump sump. Till the settlement is settled and you get it it cannot be accounted as income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: