Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 10:25 AM

292 posts, read 271,947 times

Advertisements

Nicole will begin showing the building next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2024, 08:52 AM

37 posts, read 26,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv616 View Post
Awesome. Thanks for update!

Old 02-19-2024, 09:53 AM

2 posts, read 1,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Even cb has not been called for tours yet. I think they’re doing preferences and gen pop is going to be quite a while from now

Not many people have shared much updates but from what’s been shared only the first round requests have gone out for the preferences.
How many rounds do they typically do for the preferences?

Old 02-20-2024, 02:00 AM

20 posts, read 9,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv616 View Post
Amazing!!! Thank you for the update! Are the apartments any different from the floorplans showed on the buildings website?

Old 02-21-2024, 10:09 AM

22 posts, read 18,728 times
What is the average size 1 bedroom ?

Old 02-21-2024, 10:24 AM

1,699 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassousou View Post
How many rounds do they typically do for the preferences?
First round meaning the initial docs request to the preference applicants. There is no set number of "rounds", agencies will continue to make additional document requests until they have the information they need. Sometimes they need additional information based on something you previously submitted, need verification, or clarification. It all depends on your situation.

They have to attempt to fill the preference set-asides with people who qualify in those categories so they will continue contacting people with preference at higher and higher logs until they fill all those units or run out of applicants (go through everyone), which is pretty rare.

It looks like you're new on here so I recommend reading the HPD handbook which goes through in detail the process and will likely answer many of your questions: https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...dbook-8-21.pdf

Old 02-25-2024, 09:04 AM

37 posts, read 26,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Does anyone have any updates,

I see only two entries on the Google sheet created to track the progress of this lottery. The spreadsheet is linked below if you guys could add your info to the tracker.

http://tinyurl.com/the-88
Hey nevinasb, I made a typo and I've been unable to edit/add entries to the file. Can you edit 2/6/2023 to be 2/6/2024 for me instead? Thanks!

Other than that, has anyone been requested for 2nd docs yet or scheduled for next week's viewings?

Old 02-25-2024, 12:39 PM

530 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaQueensResident View Post
Hey nevinasb, I made a typo and I've been unable to edit/add entries to the file. Can you edit 2/6/2023 to be 2/6/2024 for me instead? Thanks!

Other than that, has anyone been requested for 2nd docs yet or scheduled for next week's viewings?
You should be able to change it, attaching link below again. Try both and see if it helps

This is the link

http://tinyurl.com/the-88

Old 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM

20 posts, read 9,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaQueensResident View Post

Someone in a Facebook group said he was able to see an apartment on Monday but he hasn’t posted much.

Old 02-26-2024, 05:22 PM

292 posts, read 271,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerelyp View Post
Someone in a Facebook group said he was able to see an apartment on Monday but he hasn’t posted much.
Can you send me the link to the Facebook group?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: