Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 07:51 AM

293 posts, read 273,836 times

Advertisements

I'm assuming you saw market rate units? Because we haven't started showing the units yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2024, 09:17 AM

536 posts, read 422,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoecrazee View Post
Went to view with a coworker, her log in the single digits, we both withdrew! Bedrooms are ridiculously small. I'd have to buy kids furniture make it look spacious, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoecrazee View Post
Saw both! wasn't impressed.
[quote=shoecrazee;66470139]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy123 View Post
Any pics/dimensions? I assume they must be smaller than the rooms listed on their website.[/QUOTE

wasnt worth taking pics!
Would be helpful if you add more context about your viewing, what floor plan and unit size did you tour?

Not denying your experience but adding related info helps others make a decision as well, for e.g. if you say elf3 or 9g were the two 2br apartments you saw and found very small, I can go to streeteasy and see the floorplan and see what you mean by looking at the floorplan and make my own mind.

With so many variables missing it just misinforms others without having a reference point.

Brittany just commented saying they have not had any tours for lottery units so clarity around what you saw will help people on this forum.

Old 02-27-2024, 11:23 AM

20 posts, read 20,442 times
conspiracy to deflect log #s?? haha

Old 02-27-2024, 02:06 PM

16 posts, read 10,837 times
That’s what I think lmao

Old 02-27-2024, 02:29 PM

96 posts, read 63,432 times
Anyone lucky enough to get invited by the agency that’s responsible for this building to view a unit go see for yourself if the unit suits you or not because what might not suit someone else for what ever reason might suit you. But I know some people on this thread already know that much.
And don’t depend on street easy because sometime street easy don’t be showing the correct unit layout because of human error .

Good luck to all who applied to this building, and dreamed of living there , I hope your dreams come true.

Old 02-27-2024, 05:02 PM

visited today.

- all shared laundry for lottery units
- Studios are super tiny would not recommend for the price point. No bigger than 400 sqft i think
- 1br unit are okay. not amazing but not terrible. Probably a little smaller than this:
https://amniabk.com/wp-content/uploa...mnia-PH11D.pdf

they are offering 1 month free rent + $1,000 gift card.

Old 02-27-2024, 05:07 PM

173 posts, read 156,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv616 View Post
I'm assuming you saw market rate units? Because we haven't started showing the units yet.
Yes ! MR

Old 03-03-2024, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy123 View Post
visited today.

- all shared laundry for lottery units
- Studios are super tiny would not recommend for the price point. No bigger than 400 sqft i think
- 1br unit are okay. not amazing but not terrible. Probably a little smaller than this:
https://amniabk.com/wp-content/uploa...mnia-PH11D.pdf

they are offering 1 month free rent + $1,000 gift card.
Did you see the 2 bedrooms? If so, how did it look? Are the rooms decent sized?

Old 03-03-2024, 06:12 PM

11 posts, read 4,700 times
Currently appealing this as we were told we were income-ineligible. Not sure who they expect to pay this rent at any lower income, and not sure why our materials were requested in the first place given that our information was in and did meet the criteria. They recalculated our income.

Old 03-03-2024, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLE_DANKLES95 View Post
Did you see the 2 bedrooms? If so, how did it look? Are the rooms decent sized?
Unfortunately I did not see the 2 bedrooms but I cannot imagine them being larger than 144sq ft a room. You can probably fit a queen bed with little space remaining then the closet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery