Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 01:26 PM

411 posts, read 228,372 times

Advertisements

How could three applications get THAT lucky ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2023, 03:25 PM

249 posts, read 220,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7continents View Post
Apparently they did and was greedy enough to try again and now they lose it all

Old 12-13-2023, 07:03 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,945,953 times
Nothing new to see her folks, move along....

Nearly from word "go" when these lotteries were created (and that goes back to 1980's or so) those on inside tried to run game. Worse demand for many buildings was so low no one really seemed really bothered.

Today of course you have modern technology and better systems in place that hopefully will spot those running game and bring them to justice.

That being said there is all sorts that happens with everything from NYCHA to Section 8 and so on.

These eejits got caught with their hands in the cookie jar in good part because they got greedy.

Old 12-13-2023, 07:23 PM

145 posts, read 81,256 times
I bet they pissed someone off with connections. Surely they are the tip of the fraud iceberg.

Old 12-13-2023, 09:25 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,880,868 times
this is why i tell you all to be honest with your income. THEY'LL FIND IT

Old 12-13-2023, 09:54 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,631,017 times
I suggest they add a question to screening for lottery units along the lines of ‘have you or anyone in your immediate family ever benefited from an affordable housing award either rental or purchase?’ ‘If so, when and where? Is this presently a primary residence?’ ‘Failure to disclose…’

People should be allowed to get more than one lottery unit. But please one at time.

Old 12-14-2023, 06:10 AM

225 posts, read 304,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Zero news stories. None. Makes you wonder.

The last time Alvin Bragg indicted someone, well let's just say it got more coverage.
Particularly since this person was a DA, I would think it would garner more headlines.

Old 12-14-2023, 07:16 AM

225 posts, read 304,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7continents View Post
That's what I find to be impossible. Getting a log number good enough for one of these places would be wild, but all three? There's more going on here than just applying with false documents.
Charlie West had very few apts I think and yet, this lady got a document request. Going back to old post I don't think one person on city-data said they were asked for documents but she does.

Last edited by Vanta B; 12-14-2023 at 07:48 AM..

Old 12-14-2023, 08:48 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanta B View Post
That's what I find to be impossible. Getting a log number good enough for one of these places would be wild, but all three? There's more going on here than just applying with false documents.
Charlie West had very few apts I think and yet, this lady got a document request. Going back to old post I don't think one person on city-data said they were asked for documents but she does.
IIRC they were using disability preference which can be a significant advantage in gaining an apartment and mitigate a higher log number in a lot of cases.

Old 12-14-2023, 02:01 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,631,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
I suggest they add a question to screening for lottery units along the lines of ‘have you or anyone in your immediate family ever benefited from an affordable housing award either rental or purchase?’ ‘If so, when and where? Is this presently a primary residence?’ ‘Failure to disclose…’

People should be allowed to get more than one lottery unit. But please one at time.
Amending the above to also ask if disability preference or any other preference was involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery