Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 03:53 PM

31 posts, read 5,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barinas86 View Post
It is also important to consider that in addition to the down payment, you must have money for closing costs. The approximate amount is similar to that of DP. Once the requirements are sent, the marketing agent will write to you if there is anything additional missing or something to explain. In the contact section the name of your agent, email and telephone number appear.
Yes which house did you qualify for? Have you seen it inside?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 04:27 PM

9 posts, read 2,121 times
I visited Bainbridge, Jefferson, and Hancock, there are 3 units per building... some with 3 and 2 bedrooms... Hancock is smaller, it has a studio and two with 2 bedrooms. They are all very nice, considering the price you will pay and the rental income. I would only consider making aesthetic changes to the color of the facade. All buildings have a backyard and installation for a washer and dryer in the owner's unit.

Old 05-01-2024, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I visited Bainbridge, Jefferson, and Hancock, there are 3 units per building... some with 3 and 2 bedrooms... Hancock is smaller, it has a studio and two with 2 bedrooms. They are all very nice, considering the price you will pay and the rental income. I would only consider making aesthetic changes to the color of the facade. All buildings have a backyard and installation for a washer and dryer in the owner's unit.
Are they equipped with stove and fridge? And which one did you decide to settle for? Or are you still in the process

Old 05-02-2024, 10:02 AM

I am in the process, I asked about the kitchen and refrigerator and they told me they would be included. I'm not very sure if in all 3 apartments or just in the owner's. Washer and Dryer are not included.

Old 05-02-2024, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I am in the process, I asked about the kitchen and refrigerator and they told me they would be included. I'm not very sure if in all 3 apartments or just in the owner's. Washer and Dryer are not included.
Awesome. What part of the process are you on?

Old 05-04-2024, 05:18 PM

46 posts, read 14,478 times
179 chauncey has 4 meters on the front of the building… why? i thought it was only 2 and 3 family homes.

Old 05-06-2024, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi View Post
Do you know who joined a session from Neighborhood Restore House?
Hi. Did they select you for a home?

Old 05-08-2024, 07:59 AM

Does anyone have experience with how long a sales application process takes on housing connect ?

Old 05-08-2024, 09:19 AM

I have no experience, but I asked that question and they answered that after signing the sales contract it can take 2 to 3 months. Possibly what will happen later is that the construction receives all the approvals and permits from the city.

Old 05-08-2024, 10:16 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,720,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabreu View Post
Does anyone have experience with how long a sales application process takes on housing connect ?
It takes longer than we want except when it moves faster than we want. A side effect on the process can be if it is new construction and never occupied because there is more process outside of the sales application process. Hypothetically, the process could move faster if all the hands involved make it a first priority but typically people have other job duties they are also responsible for. Good luck and good patience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery