Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 11:29 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennbrazil View Post
Agree! I have come across it on this lottery forum and I do not condone it. I think eventually people will get caught.
Yeah I mean even if someone tried, that's kinda why they ask for historical documents. The projection into the future is not just based on what you claim or what you make right now, it is also based on the history of your income, it's both. If there is something unusual or confusing about your income, they will ask for additional proof as to what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 04:40 PM

116 posts, read 76,871 times
What happens if your income is different by over $10k between W2s from the prior year and projected annual income based on paystubs? for example: I worked an unreal amount of overtime last year that bumped my annual income up a lot, but it's not something I can count on consistently. My W2/tax returns are in one AMI bracket for a building. My pay stub calculations fall down into a different bracket. Both calculations, that I can tell, would be eligible for units, just in different AMIs. In fact, with the higher W2 amount I'd qualify for different sized units across two AMIS, with the lower ones, I'd qualify for just one AMI (a total of three separate AMI brackets). Do they go with the highest (tax returns)?

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...on-here-5.html

Old 01-13-2024, 09:55 AM

13 posts, read 9,191 times
Question-If someone gets married and/or has SO move into lottery apartment-how does that work? THx

Old 01-13-2024, 11:43 AM

19 posts, read 11,115 times
1 week after i signed the TIC form i called the lease office im in contact with for a status on my application..
the agent asked my log number.. #7 .. said shes waiting for approval from her manager to
set up viewings for the apartment .. im guessing after i view it they will send the packet to hpd for approval..

Old 01-14-2024, 10:54 AM

10 posts, read 5,543 times
So what is the story with lottery apartments over the years that have been vacated? I can’t believe waiting list are kept for every single building and that all building owners are trust worthy. Is there a defined process for re leasing under 421a or do they just revert to market value as owners know no one will catch them? Some large buildings refresh there waitlist on housing connect but certainly not the majority. With AMIs increasing year over year, where are those vacated prior lottery apartments going?

Old 01-14-2024, 11:27 AM

10 posts, read 5,543 times
Is this the mist current handbook? https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...dbook-8-21.pdf

Old 01-14-2024, 08:09 PM

83 posts, read 31,189 times
Does anyone know if I can submit supporting documents for an appeal to the Marketing Agent via email even though I have submitted an appeal on Housing Connect? The deadline for appeal hasn't passed yet but I can no longer use Housing Connect to upload anything. Can the marketing agent ignore my email and decline my appeal just because I sent the remaining documents via email?

Old 01-14-2024, 09:40 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaNYC View Post
Does anyone know if I can submit supporting documents for an appeal to the Marketing Agent via email even though I have submitted an appeal on Housing Connect? The deadline for appeal hasn't passed yet but I can no longer use Housing Connect to upload anything. Can the marketing agent ignore my email and decline my appeal just because I sent the remaining documents via email?
Sending an email notifying agent that you have submitted an appeal on Housing Connect seems in order. Mention the concern about additional documents to seek a solution.

Hope this helps:

‘ How do I appeal?’

‘If you receive and respond to a request for documents, the marketing agent for that development then conducts a review to confirm that you are eligible. If the review finds that you do not meet the requirements for the development, you will receive a rejection notice. This notice will come to your email and appear on your NYC Housing Connect dashboard. The notice will explain why you were rejected.

If you believe that you were rejected from a lottery in error, follow the instructions in the rejection notice. Act quickly. The notice will tell you how many days you have to submit an appeal. You will submit your appeal and supporting documentation through Housing Connect.

If your appeal to the marketing agent is not successful, you will receive an appeal rejection notice, with an explanation. This notice arrives via email and on your NYC Housing Connect dashboard. If you still believe you were wrongly rejected, follow the instructions in the notice to submit a complaint, with documentation, to either HPD or HDC. The instructions will provide the correct contact information for that lottery.’

‘Why am I seeing an error message when I try to submit my appeal?’

‘Please try shortening the text you have included in "Reason for Appeal" textbox. You may include as many attachments as you'd like, but the appeal can only be submitted if the description in the "Reason for Appeal" textbox has fewer than 100 characters. ‘

Source ‘FAQs’:
https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/faq

Old 01-15-2024, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Sending an email notifying agent that you have submitted an appeal on Housing Connect seems in order. Mention the concern about additional documents to seek a solution.
Thanks for your advice! Actually after I submitted the appeal regarding the wrongful calculations of income last Tuesday I have notified the marketing agent of the submission and they confirmed receipt. Apparently they were reviewing my appeal because they uploaded an income calculation sheet last Thursday. I sent several emails to them pointing out the errors on that sheet and attached supporting documents last Friday but they didn't reply to my email nor answer my calls. I hope they won't simply ignore my emails and stick to their own calculations.

Old 01-15-2024, 09:24 PM

Will marketing agent redo the review process after appeal is approved? Or they will continue with next steps, i.e. asking applicany to sign paperwork and sending them to HPD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery