Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 02:14 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,628,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLandHF View Post
Got found ineligible due to income status but profile wasn't updated.

I want to appeal.

How do I contact HC or HDC?
Regarding Appeals, table of contents, and page 33. Take a look.
https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...dbook-8-21.pdf

And, from
https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/faq
On appeals from the website.

How do I appeal?

If you receive and respond to a request for documents, the marketing agent for that development then conducts a review to confirm that you are eligible. If the review finds that you do not meet the requirements for the development, you will receive a rejection notice. This notice will come to your email and appear on your NYC Housing Connect dashboard. The notice will explain why you were rejected.

If you believe that you were rejected from a lottery in error, follow the instructions in the rejection notice. Act quickly. The notice will tell you how many days you have to submit an appeal. You will submit your appeal and supporting documentation through Housing Connect.

If your appeal to the marketing agent is not successful, you will receive an appeal rejection notice, with an explanation. This notice arrives via email and on your NYC Housing Connect dashboard. If you still believe you were wrongly rejected, follow the instructions in the notice to submit a complaint, with documentation, to either HPD or HDC. The instructions will provide the correct contact information for that lottery.

Why am I seeing an error message when I try to submit my appeal?

Please try shortening the text you have included in "Reason for Appeal" textbox. You may include as many attachments as you'd like, but the appeal can only be submitted if the description in the "Reason for Appeal" textbox has fewer than 100 characters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2024, 02:44 PM

83 posts, read 31,216 times
Anyone know if HPD approved the complaint and there's still units remaining, will the marketing agent review the documents again or just ask applicant to sign documents for HPD approval? Thank you!

Old 01-18-2024, 03:17 PM

116 posts, read 77,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franksobotka View Post
What happens if your income is different by over $10k between W2s from the prior year and projected annual income based on paystubs? for example: I worked an unreal amount of overtime last year that bumped my annual income up a lot, but it's not something I can count on consistently. My W2/tax returns are in one AMI bracket for a building. My pay stub calculations fall down into a different bracket. Both calculations, that I can tell, would be eligible for units, just in different AMIs. In fact, with the higher W2 amount I'd qualify for different sized units across two AMIS, with the lower ones, I'd qualify for just one AMI (a total of three separate AMI brackets). Do they go with the highest (tax returns)?

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...on-here-5.html

Anybody have insight into this?

Old 01-18-2024, 03:33 PM

96 posts, read 61,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franksobotka View Post
What happens if your income is different by over $10k between W2s from the prior year and projected annual income based on paystubs? for example: I worked an unreal amount of overtime last year that bumped my annual income up a lot, but it's not something I can count on consistently. My W2/tax returns are in one AMI bracket for a building. My pay stub calculations fall down into a different bracket. Both calculations, that I can tell, would be eligible for units, just in different AMIs. In fact, with the higher W2 amount I'd qualify for different sized units across two AMIS, with the lower ones, I'd qualify for just one AMI (a total of three separate AMI brackets). Do they go with the highest (tax returns)?

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...on-here-5.html
Keep calling HPD until someone answers the phone.

Old 01-20-2024, 11:30 AM

144 posts, read 80,927 times
Unlike mitchell lama which caps number of entries, I don't understand the point of accepting and assigning thousands upon thousands of entries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgome013 View Post
Hi, the log number are sequentially, 1,2,3,4....300000 so yes. if you have a log number of 120,232 that means you have 120,231 applicants ahead of you, and I would just forget about this lottery. I wouldn't delete the application but let it be and never think about it again

Old 01-20-2024, 12:04 PM

My application goes from "applied" to "pending", which ( based on my search on this forum) could mean a lot of things from possibly being contacted shortly to no units available for your income, size, etc. Some people say they have been pending for months to years
I see units on Street Easy that I qualify for based on my household size.
What is the best way to find out what my particular 'pending' means for this building without ruffling
feathers?

Old 01-20-2024, 12:35 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,439,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennbrazil View Post
My application goes from "applied" to "pending", which ( based on my search on this forum) could mean a lot of things from possibly being contacted shortly to no units available for your income, size, etc. Some people say they have been pending for months to years
I see units on Street Easy that I qualify for based on my household size.
What is the best way to find out what my particular 'pending' means for this building without ruffling
feathers?
Waiting to see what happens. The marketing agency is very unlikely to give you any information other than to say they are not to your log yet and will contact you if and when they get to you.

BTW what you see on streeteasy is totally irrelevant to what's going on with the lottery. Those are market rate units and have nothing to do with what's available in the lottery process.

Old 01-20-2024, 01:19 PM

Do affordable lottery re-rentals go on street easy?
I've seen listings there that mention program, income requirements, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Waiting to see what happens. The marketing agency is very unlikely to give you any information other than to say they are not to your log yet and will contact you if and when they get to you.

BTW what you see on streeteasy is totally irrelevant to what's going on with the lottery. Those are market rate units and have nothing to do with what's available in the lottery process.

Old 01-20-2024, 01:23 PM

531 posts, read 412,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennbrazil View Post
Do affordable lottery re-rentals go on street easy?
I've seen listings there that mention program, income requirements, etc.
Many times the developers add lottery units in their unit mix to get the algo working to push them up.

When people are looking at the market rate units and see a huge disparity in prices they come rushing to apply and want the space. But then in the details, the listing will tell you that this is a lottery unit and apply to the website.

But most people do not know about the lottery and its a great marketing trick tbh to get so much commotion and traffic since the rents are quite low

Old 01-20-2024, 01:26 PM

Do you mean traffic to the market rate units?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Many times the developers add lottery units in their unit mix to get the algo working to push them up.

When people are looking at the market rate units and see a huge disparity in prices they come rushing to apply and want the space. But then in the details, the listing will tell you that this is a lottery unit and apply to the website.

But most people do not know about the lottery and its a great marketing trick tbh to get so much commotion and traffic since the rents are quite low
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery