Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 10:45 AM

13 posts, read 6,323 times

Advertisements

Hi there! I am currently staying in a shelter and I am apart of the HASA Program. I am currently not working but am set to start my new role next month. I had applied for over 15 lotteries but haven't been chosen for one lottery. I know it can take over a year but I was hoping that someone would be able to support me in expediting the process if possible. I would also like to know how are my chances for a building with me staying in a shelter and having HASA? thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2024, 10:58 AM

144 posts, read 80,660 times
Are the log numbers assigned sequentially. Like if someone's log number is 120232, does that mean 120231 log numbers (applicants) ahead of them? Or, are the numbers assigned randomly from say 1 - 300000, even though there might be only 3900 applicants total?

Old 01-16-2024, 10:59 AM

144 posts, read 80,660 times
Do the marketing agents get randomly audited and checked, and by who?
Which agency audits HPD?

Old 01-16-2024, 11:12 AM

96 posts, read 61,681 times
NYC Comptroller .

Old 01-17-2024, 08:06 AM

115 posts, read 68,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennbrazil View Post
Are the log numbers assigned sequentially. Like if someone's log number is 120232, does that mean 120231 log numbers (applicants) ahead of them? Or, are the numbers assigned randomly from say 1 - 300000, even though there might be only 3900 applicants total?
Hi, the log number are sequentially, 1,2,3,4....300000 so yes. if you have a log number of 120,232 that means you have 120,231 applicants ahead of you, and I would just forget about this lottery. I wouldn't delete the application but let it be and never think about it again

Old 01-17-2024, 11:33 AM

5 posts, read 2,876 times
Does anyone have a good referral for Housing Attorneys with Article 78 experience?

I would like to compel HPD to take the required action with regard to my application's treatment during a recent lottery. (Documents never reviewed, Marketing Agent rejected application and appeal without reviewing documents or communication other than original notice, never scheduled appointment, etc... HPD Compliance rejected complaint despite Marketing Agent violating Marketing Handbook).

It should be straightforward but my understanding is the Agency is usually given a level of deference by the Courts, so I would like a firm with experience in this exact type of issue.

Thanks,

Old 01-17-2024, 06:07 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthcow View Post
Does anyone have a good referral for Housing Attorneys with Article 78 experience?

I would like to compel HPD to take the required action with regard to my application's treatment during a recent lottery. (Documents never reviewed, Marketing Agent rejected application and appeal without reviewing documents or communication other than original notice, never scheduled appointment, etc... HPD Compliance rejected complaint despite Marketing Agent violating Marketing Handbook).

It should be straightforward but my understanding is the Agency is usually given a level of deference by the Courts, so I would like a firm with experience in this exact type of issue.

Thanks,
I have no referral. You might contact a Housing Ambassador group and ask for referral or guidance.
https://www.nyc.gov/site/hpd/service...bassadors.page

Old 01-17-2024, 08:00 PM

11 posts, read 9,238 times
I recently got selected to submit documents for an apartment. I submitted them yesterday and my log number is #11xx. What are the chances of getting a response for the documents with that log number and how long usually do people wait after submitting documents?

Old 01-17-2024, 10:09 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpva View Post
I recently got selected to submit documents for an apartment. I submitted them yesterday and my log number is #11xx. What are the chances of getting a response for the documents with that log number and how long usually do people wait after submitting documents?
Getting a request is good but this is impossible to answer without more information. Try the search feature and try posting on the thread for the building you are referring to.

Old 01-18-2024, 01:52 PM

55 posts, read 50,794 times
Got found ineligible due to income status but profile wasn't updated.

I want to appeal.

How do I contact HC or HDC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery