Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 05:32 PM

5 posts, read 18,572 times

Advertisements

Hey does anyone know if you have to requalify and go thru the whole process again when ur lease is over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 01:14 PM

30 posts, read 83,763 times
Hey, I am on wait list for 505w37. Was just curious what are latest log numbers for those who got it. I am in 5000's and wondering if being on this wait list offers any possibility of an apartment. Thanks!

Old 10-07-2010, 09:50 AM

30 posts, read 31,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisny View Post
Why did they show you a blueprint of your Apartment?

I guess that you have already signed the lease of your Apartment. Right?

Who is in charge of this 505 West 37th Street, NYC HPD or State?

No you do not sign the lease when they show you the blueprint. what happens is that once TF Cornerstone tells you are in, they hand you your floor plan and then you have to wait for approval from the city. Once you're approved you will receive a phone call stating so and then they set up an appt for you to see the apt. If you like the apt the on-site leasing manager will tell you to call someone to set up a date for the sign of the lease. Once that appt is made you're in!! I will be signing my lease end of oct cant wait!!

Old 10-19-2010, 02:09 PM

3 posts, read 8,908 times
I won the housing lottery for an apartment in Moda apartment in queen I sumbited for for a year. I got the notice informing me I was chosen back in september. I was sent an appointment date and a list of items to gather (long list).

I provided all the documentation they requested including tax returns, birth cert, first born child, ect... sincerely have past a month and I do'nt hear news if I were approved, I I called to know my statu of my applicacion and they just say they will let me know by mail or they will call me. there any one know how they process application? that means that i could be approved for the apartment.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:25 PM

684 posts, read 1,820,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flosolj20 View Post
Hey does anyone know if you have to requalify and go thru the whole process again when ur lease is over?
no. you'll have to submit some information regarding your income to basically prove you still qualify but you dont have to go through the entire process all over again. You would have to make over 170% of your current income to no longer qualify..so unless you win the lottery..hit it big in vegas..or get a mighty hefty raise..once your in you dont have anything to worry about

Old 12-20-2010, 12:16 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisny View Post
Why did they show you a blueprint of your Apartment?

I guess that you have already signed the lease of your Apartment. Right?

Who is in charge of this 505 West 37th Street, NYC HPD or State?
If it's an 80/20 building then as I understand it, the answer is NYC HPD in conjunction with HUD. Floor plans with dimensions are indeed shown early and it might be law.(?) At the very least I imagine it's out of fairness because a junior 1BR, 1BR & 2BR will all have different wall lengths, closet space, kitchen dimensions, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
you'll have to submit some information regarding your income to basically prove you still qualify but you dont have to go through the entire process all over again.
Correct. In the 80/20 buildings it is officially called "recertifiction". I just wanna point out recertification is building-wide and all-at-once for all affordable program units of an 80/20 building. In other words, recertification is not tailored to you when your lease ends. For most folks, recertification often happens while the lease is still active and as I understand it you never need to go through it more than once per calendar year and it's pretty painless because they give you over a month to gather your data and make photocopies. If it happens near the end of your lease or on the last day of your lease, that's just coincidence.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:30 PM

38 posts, read 125,729 times
For the people that moved into this building via the affordable housing lottery, my question is when did you guys sign your leases and when did you guys actually move in? I know no 2 buildings are the same, but I just wanted to get an idea of the time line from the interview to lease signing.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 5,007 times
does anyone know what floors are the 80/20 apts on at the 505 37th st bldg?

Old 05-10-2011, 09:31 AM

3 posts, read 9,378 times
Default wondering..........

I been following this thread for a while, the whole process is long and nerve racking. Those of us went through a whole lot to get the apartment with current income guideline, but what about after, I mean none of us will stay low income forever, especially living in the city, if lets said that I got a new job, got marry or buy a house or car, can we still live there? If anyone know about this please let me know.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:24 AM

270 posts, read 748,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apt guy View Post
does anyone know what floors are the 80/20 apts on at the 505 37th st bldg?
I just got into an 80/20 building in Dumbo Brooklyn, which I am about to sign the lease on tuesday may 31st, and I can tell you, affordable and market rate apartments are mixed all over the building . There is not like 1 floor with every apartment low income. There is no distinguishable difference or discrimination as to who pays what. Every one, market and affordable tenants are all treated alike. What I liked about this owner is that they did not " DUMB-DOWN" the affordable units as I've heard has been done in many other of these low income lottery buildings. EVERY apartment is identical as far as floors ( white oak wood), appliances ( stainless steel). Also our building has free gym access and roof terrace access for free to all tenants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City