Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:18 AM

2 posts, read 25,442 times

Advertisements

I received a letter stating that I have been preselected for this apartment complex. Does anyone have an idea on how the interview process goes? I initially applied for a one bedroom, however my niece and nephew just moved in with us, plus our annual household income is over the limit required for the two bedroom by 4K a year. Should this be a problem? Can anyone who have been through this already please help me. Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 09:38 PM

684 posts, read 1,820,818 times
Well im going through the process for the River Place II apartments and I can tell you that they're very strict when it comes to income. No way around it. The very first thing they calculated was my income and the gentleman that conducted my interview made it very clear to me that if im not within the range the interview would be over. I ended up being slightly over and thus the interview ended. But they do give me 2 weeks to appeal the decision.

For River Place II they told me its a 3 step process, first the interview where they calculate your income and I believe ask a couple of questions, then a credit check, followed by a home visit to check the conditions of your apartment

Im glad that someone at least heard back from them. I too applied for the 505 apartments but I havent heard anything from them. I hope your able to work something out and it all pans out for you, but again they're VERY strict when it comes to income, so if your not in range your pretty much out of luck.

This is how they calculated the income..maybe this can help you out.

Add up your most recent 6 pay stubs..divide by 6..then multiply by 26(if you get paid bi-weekly)=gross income.

However, things may go a bit differently for the 505 apartments

Old 06-19-2010, 03:21 PM

I just got a letter back from 505 West 37th street..but it was to tell me im on the waiting list. Ill take that over not hearing a response at all. So hopefully something comes through

Old 06-21-2010, 04:47 AM

23 posts, read 152,451 times
That place is a luxury apartment - I don't think there's any affordable housing there

Old 06-21-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPettitteIsGreat View Post
That place is a luxury apartment - I don't think there's any affordable housing there
Not to sound funny but if there wasn't we wouldn't have received any letters back from them lol. The 505 apartments are an 80/20 development just like the Silver Towers are. There was a lottery for them toward the end of last year..so yes theres affordable housing there

http://www.nyc.gov/html/hpd/download...7th-Street.pdf

Old 06-21-2010, 09:20 AM
grant516

n/a posts
I want affordable housing. : (

Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 AM

12 posts, read 52,971 times
Be prepared for loads and loads of paperwork. This stuff is no walk in the park!
Has anyone moved in yet through this program at this location?

They started interviewing a few months ago I heard...

Old 06-21-2010, 11:04 AM

2 posts, read 25,442 times
Default 505 W 37th ST, New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
Not to sound funny but if there wasn't we wouldn't have received any letters back from them lol. The 505 apartments are an 80/20 development just like the Silver Towers are. There was a lottery for them toward the end of last year..so yes theres affordable housing there

www.nyc.gov/html/hpd/downloads/pdf/505W-37th-Street.pdf
Did you receive the letter? Or went to the interview, how was it? Thanks!!!!

Old 06-21-2010, 02:56 PM

I received a letter but it was to tell me that im on the waiting list.

I do have an interview with River Place II though...

Old 06-22-2010, 03:24 AM

1 posts, read 12,544 times
Hi Everyone,

At this time I am feilling an apeal because my application was denied, due to "gross income is below the program and no income listed".

Have anyone ever been in this situation that can give me some idears for my appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City