Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 04:40 PM

8 posts, read 77,746 times

Advertisements

What is it like living/dating in NYC as a young professional (read:lawyer 27-31 age bracket 160K+ a year salary before taxes) African-American man? Is it hard to meet level headed attractive women who are attracted to Black men? Are the majority of woman very shallow and "out there" like television stereotypes NYC women to be?Are the woman very against monogamous relationships? I'm particularly curious about the Black and Latino women, although I love women of all races!

Sorry about the uncreative username--I just drew a blank!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 04:49 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,401,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlackMan View Post
What is it like living/dating in NYC as a young professional (read:lawyer 27-31 age bracket 160K+ a year salary before taxes) African-American man? Is it hard to meet level headed attractive women who are attracted to Black men? Are the majority of woman very shallow and "out there" like television stereotypes NYC women to be?Are the woman very against monogamous relationships? I'm particularly curious about the Black and Latino women, although I love women of all races!

if your a young black man that's successful you will get any girl in nyc, its like a buffet.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:53 PM

17 posts, read 64,733 times
Hi I think the dating scene in NYC is particulary daunting for everyone. I can't really give proper advice on this subject because I myself as a black female find it hard to find just a nice, professional, laid back guy who is into the same things as me. The guys that like me are generally thug types, shy white guys, or creepy old guys! I think in your case it shouldn't be hard to find a young professional woman on your level... maybe though work or friends? Also, you may disagree but I find that it's men, not women who have the issue with monogamy. Just my 2 cents!

Old 09-18-2010, 04:55 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times
Nah, blackman however some women espicially those from out of town try to imitate taht sex and the city style glamour which is nearly possible or either impossible becuase they would need alot of Benjis to live that life or end up broke like carrie fischer. Some women here are shallow and some arent. Your not going to find a very laidback girl thats for sure those mostly exist outside the city and more farther away like outwest and down south. Luckly there are many out of town women living here in nyc from other parts of the country and might be better suited for dating then regular ny girls. There are many single professional women here in nyc some of them are single mothers and very milfy, thick and busty. If you want to meet women try lounges, the super market, laundrymat or even starbucks. Note becareful nyc has a high rate of std infections, choose your pickings wisely, and also many women in nyc by thier mid twenties are already parents so goodluck if you ready to deal with baby father drama of an ex lover with your girl. Unfortantly for me to avoid all these problems I date out of town women or other words transplants from somewhere else. Sometimes I see women here in this city reduce themselves to dating and ending up in relationships with lowlifes thugs and ex cons highschool drop outs and some of these women are professionals too, supposedly they make them happy. Goodluck and its always good to see a professional no matter what race you are.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 09-18-2010 at 05:12 PM..

Old 09-18-2010, 05:11 PM

8 posts, read 77,746 times
Thanks;these were all very helpful replies! I have to admit I've always had this image of NYC women as being very wild, narcissistic, shallow model types! Glad to hear that there are some nice down to earth women as well!

Old 09-18-2010, 06:01 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,588,276 times
there's lots of chicks. Even guys with average or tame game can pull girls around here.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:58 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
hey, maybe MsJ27 and YoungBlackMan can link up???

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-18-2010, 09:47 PM

5,517 posts, read 8,763,919 times
a) the odds are in your favor if you're searching for black women because there are so few desirable black men compared to the number of women.

b)find a good, big church. even if you don't like the women in a partiuclar church, they'll have friends and many of the folksthere will try to hook you up. and the young women there may pray and sway on sunday, but the rest of the week...

Old 09-19-2010, 01:04 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,336,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
hey, maybe MsJ27 and YoungBlackMan can link up???

Good match!!

Old 09-19-2010, 06:18 PM

188 posts, read 406,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlackMan View Post

Dating should be particulary easy for you, you're in high demand! I have the "Good Successful Black Man" talk with my friends atleast once a week! lol I saw that you were quite open about your salary, so I have two things I'd like to say about that:

Are you interested in a women making close to what youre making, someone who would be considered as successful (money wise) as yourself? The reason I ask is although its not impossible... There are many upwardly mobile Black and Hispanic women out there, but they just might not be past the 100k mark. Or they may even students... Dont pass them up them.

I want to also urge you, not to be so open about what youre making upfront. (which im sure you know) There are so many gorgeous females out here, looking for someone like you to take care of them. Im sure you want a woman who is about something, and has goals of her own. Ive seen so many good guys charmed by the surface of females, so let me repeat, Ask those gorgeous ladies you encounter what theyre about!

As for being "shallow and out there"... I would definitely say theres a degree of being shallow because so many women still believe their looks are the only important thing about them. So yes, they're going to be serious about hair, and nail salon appointments! The hair appt, I gotta agree with, you dont mess with a womans hair. One thing you should watch out for are the females asking you for high priced designer bags, and shoes within a week of meeting you! Materialism is the biggest thing you'll want to watch out for. Dont get me wrong, designer shoes/bag are great and all, but there are female out there that date men specifically to get these thing! Im not kidding.

The last bit of info I'll comment on is the abnormally large amount of single mothers. If thats not something you wanna deal with, then your search is gonna be just as hard as mine! (im looking for a guy without kids too) I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. As someone might have already said, go to places where people like you may go. A nice lounge, afterwork spot for professionals... Hell, go to Barnes and Nobles! Even a more upscale gym...

I know its kinda corny, but try a dating site... Theres one called BlackSinglesmeet.com (something like that) Its not free, so that already keeps out half the bunch you and I want nothing to deal with! Good luck with dating, you'll find someone...Or thats what I keep telling myself. lol

Last edited by dreamgirl84; 09-19-2010 at 06:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City