Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 08:48 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Proof Please.

Its more of ethnic cleansing of Blacks and a takeover of the southwest.
Theirs no ethnic cleansing of blacks . You watch way to much news. Do you know what ethnic cleansing is?

Old 11-06-2010, 09:05 PM

Location: Port Richmond, Staten Island, New York City, New York, 10302
317 posts, read 960,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andez View Post
Come through to my neighborhood... I can assure you no black male will attack mexicans over here. Give it a few years, it'll be the same story as LA. Mexicans will get sick of being attacked by blacks, and then begins the race battles.

Yeah, but isn't Sunset Park like 5% black? Or is that some place else I'm thinking of? Regardless, all the times I've been there I've never seen a great deal of black people. In contrast, the area on Staten Island where most of these attacks are happening is predominately black. To keep with the theme, there's power in numbers. Though I do agree that if the Mexicans manage to somehow drive the blacks out (which I highly doubt but you never know) it will become a whole different ballgame.

@ SuperMario: that thing about people outside of the Northeast only thinking Mexicans speak Spanish annoys me too. I remember once talking to my Brother-in-law's little sister who's from Oklahoma and I mentioned something about "Spanish friends" (Puerto Ricans in this case) I had. Fast forward like two days later we were talking about Mexicans and I was saying how even though I don't have any Mexican friends, I feel for them. She goes "Wait, I thought you said the other day you did have Mexican friends." Smh. lol

Old 11-07-2010, 01:06 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latikeriii View Post
Black Mexico Homepage

Maybe I was wrong about saying "phased" out but they are very contained and restricted from mixing, hence the Black population is remaining very small and a lot of the Black population is dying out. For some reason, the reproduction rates are very low for the few Blacks down there. Saw it on some PBS documentary a while back.

Now, Black-Mexican interracial marriages in the States are very common especially in Texas and California. My stepbrother is married to a Mexican women with 3 beautiful children and my dad was basically married(common law) to one until recently.

PS, the White girls in Tennessee absolutely love Mexican guys, ha.

What a learning experience. I wonder if George Lopez is a black Mexican?

Old 11-07-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortRichmonder View Post
I see quite a bit of Mexican gang graffiti and I see people who I figure could be or at least look like they are Mexican gang members but few are very intimidating. Some do the whole converse, high socks, Dickie shorts, LA Dodgers cap thing but it's hard to tell if they"re genuinely affiliated with a gang or just do it because black people keep beating them up and they've reached their last resort, lol.

Regardless, I do agree that they're here, just low key. But I also think that as their numbers rise they can only get less bashful. I've always looked at it like this, poor people of all races and heritages form gangs when push comes to shove and hopelessness sets up shop. It's always been that way. The NYC Mexicans aren't gonna be immune to that. They can't be. Just because most of the ones we see are hardworking middle-aged men and women, don't be fooled. I'm seeing more and more teenage Mexicans hanging out on corners and whatnot. I can't say I know what they're up to but I know they damn well weren't doing that 5 or so years ago. Then again, all them cops weren't out there to protect them 5 or so years ago. lol

From your posts, it seems whenever a black person on SI sees a Mexican they want to "beat them up." Is it really that much of a problem on SI?

Last edited by 1nevets; 11-07-2010 at 01:26 AM..

Old 11-07-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
From your posts, it seems whenever a black peron on SI sees a Mexican they want to "beat them up." Is it really that much of a problem on SI?
i know 2 black families and have an extra friend from my school who live in Staten. Mexican bashing is the last thing on their minds.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
i know 2 black families and have an extra friend from my school who live in Staten. Mexican bashing is the last thing on their minds.

That's what I would imagine as well but that person's posts paints a different story.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
That's what I would imagine as well but that person's posts paints a different story.
well people base their opinions of media. Some folks seem to think all blacks folks are after Mexicans, and some folks tend to think that Mexicans are ethnic cleansing blacks in L.A despite the fact that L.A doesn't even have 300 murders(to date) in which most of the homicides were black on black , and brown on brown killings. . i never let the media fool me i look at the actual numbers being played.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
well people base their opinions of media. Some folks seem to think all blacks folks are after Mexicans, and some folks tend to think that Mexicans are ethnic cleansing blacks in L.A despite the fact that L.A doesn't even have 300 murders(to date) in which most of the homicides were black on black , and brown on brown killings. . i never let the media fool me i look at the actual numbers being played.

IMHO the media is 95% entertainment and 5% actual facts. I notice often times on the evening news, the only crimes that happen on the UES are sexual perverts or rapist out to assault the "typical female resident of the UES." The perp is usually brown or darker.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:56 AM

88 posts, read 366,000 times
If I were Mexican I would not move to NYC unless I were already in a comfortable economic decision. Mexicans are looked down upon by all ethnic groups in NYC. Does not matter what race you are, once your are established as Mexican you will not be looked at as an equal. Mexicans are stereotyped in NYC as strongly indigeous, short, and uneducated. The immigrants from Mexico moving in mass stand out from other Latino groups in the city which are either strongly White or Black or a unique mix of both.

In time Mexicans will be the majority and stereotypes will fade, unfortunately that time is not now.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:38 AM

988 posts, read 3,255,638 times
I work with a lot of Puerto Ricans and they seem the most racist and bigoted against Mexicans. The stuff they say about them is disturbing. I lived in Texas for a long time so they'll make comments like "you were down there with all the Mexicans", etc etc. There are a lot of degrading things they say that I won't repeat. I grew up with a lot of Mexicans in Chicago and Texas so don't really agree with the derogatory commments made about them. The funny thing is that Puerto Ricans and Mexicans have pretty much the same DNA, indengious mixed with Spaniard blood. Don't be surprised if Mexicans are the predominant Hispanic group in 5 years though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City