Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 02:53 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,800,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Bed Stuy, and Proud of it!

I like both!
You can't just change a name like that. "Proud of it", What the ****? that's stupid. "Do or Die" is great and it's sticking. That will never change.

Who's gonna yell out "BEDSTUY AND PROUD OF IT!". LOL. **** no.

Quote:
I think I said that it's two blocks away from the PJ's!

131 Tompkins is across the street from PS 23, my grammar school as a kid!

Like I said, the punksters ain't scared of the Do or Die......
Most blocks in Bed-stuy are in close proximity to the PJ's, and the PJ' aren't the only areas with high crime rates. There blocks with no NYCHA properties that are just as bad.

The Punksters have no reason to be afraid. They aren't drinking 40's on the corner selling dope. Or sitting with them getting caught up. They are playing music all night inside, then leaving the neighborhood for work/fun, then coming home to sleep. Protected, living in secure buildings. Yes, the chance for them getting mugged is great, but I doubt they taking midnight walks.

Last edited by Hustla718; 07-13-2007 at 03:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 03:01 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,501,684 times
In Brooklyn (North) there's been a 64% increase in homicides over the last 2 years.

NY Post article from last month...
SURGE IN SLAYINGS SHOCKS BROOKLYN | By BRAD HAMILTON | New York News | New York City News | NY News

Old 07-14-2007, 08:24 AM

314 posts, read 492,778 times
the punksters are too stupid to be scared of the do or die. you see it everywhere...look at the hipsters in e-williamsburg (better know as bushwick before the landlords/developers decided to start splitting hairs on existing neighborhoods and completely renaming others). just wait until a couple of them get jacked. all the sudden, these tight-jeans'ed, aviator sunglasses wearing, pasty white boys will run for the hills.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:04 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,674,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
The Punksters have no reason to be afraid. They aren't drinking 40's on the corner selling dope. Or sitting with them getting caught up.
.....and neither should the doc!

.....that's my point. Don't start none, won't be none, and you'll be fine!

Old 07-14-2007, 06:43 PM

Quote:
.....and neither should the doc!

.....that's my point. Don't start none, won't be none, and you'll be fine!
Unless you come out the train late one night and get jumped or stuck up for 10 bucks.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:04 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,204,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkdoc View Post
Hey! I've decided to look at an apartment in Bed-Stuy today. It's at Throop Ave and Hancock St. How is this area?
if you like the ghetto lifestyle, you'll love the area, if you are not a player, you'll hate it.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:13 PM

122 posts, read 790,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
the punksters are too stupid to be scared of the do or die. you see it everywhere...look at the hipsters in e-williamsburg (better know as bushwick before the landlords/developers decided to start splitting hairs on existing neighborhoods and completely renaming others). just wait until a couple of them get jacked. all the sudden, these tight-jeans'ed, aviator sunglasses wearing, pasty white boys will run for the hills.
I recently heard a story about a hipster who was shot three times (and died)--once for every time he refused to hand his bicycle over to some thugs. I don't think the hipsters will leave unless there's a mass riot or a tidal wave. No offense to the deceased, but...dumb move.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofenstein View Post
I recently heard a story about a hipster who was shot three times (and died)--once for every time he refused to hand his bicycle over to some thugs. I don't think the hipsters will leave unless there's a mass riot or a tidal wave. No offense to the deceased, but...dumb move.
Another one was killed as some kids were chasing him down during a mugging on E 125th Street in East Harlem. Got wacked by a car. The streets were packed too (125 in the afternoon). So much for people helping you out. I just nod my head and sigh when I hear that one (like if people really give a damn).

Also a female who was raped and killed in West Harlem a few months back, Columbia student. He was a rapist targeting the students. Also another White female was killed in Crown Heights I belive maybe 2 years ago now. Don't know if it was a rape for robbery.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post

Old 10-03-2007, 12:32 AM

1,526 posts, read 5,604,202 times
If people are dead-set determined to live in NYC, they will move where they have to--where they can afford to. if minorities are killed there, then some whites may be too. Loss of life is loss of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City