Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 07:49 PM

686 posts, read 1,699,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Eva Longoria and George Perez were found to have African ancestry. I don't think it's a stretch that the wikipedia article is correct. Does anyone have pics of her parents or grandparents? Her African features are just very noticeable. I noticed them very strongly when she was with her "Latino family" on Ugly Betty.
File:AmericaFerreraHSApr10.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The wide nose and cheekbones are dead giveaways to African heritage. The eyes are her native past. The more I look at her the more I believe the article.
She's a Mestizo latino.
Her cheekbones are because of her native american ancestry not any possble small african ancestry she might have, and even if she did have some african ancestry that wouldn't make her black because she is obviously mostly of native american and european ancestry like most Hondurans.

Last edited by adirondackguy123; 01-08-2011 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 08:20 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,771,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
She's a Mestizo latino.
Her cheekbones are because of her native american ancestry not any possble small african ancestry she might have, and even if she did have some african ancestry that wouldn't make her black because she is obviously mostly of native american and european ancestry like most Hondurans.
LOL! Chill out! No one said she was only black. The article merely stated she has African ancestry. BTW, the way you are reacting what's so bad about being black?

Old 01-08-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
LOL! Chill out! No one said she was only black. The article merely stated she has African ancestry. BTW, the way you are reacting what's so bad about being black?

Nothing is bad about being black, And if she has some black no problem, but my point is she is not a blatina, she is a mestizo latino because she is mainly of Native american and european descent, Her eyes and high cheekbones are because of her native american ancestry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AMestizo

Old 01-08-2011, 09:44 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Maybe, don't think so though, I mostly just see Native american in her. She's still a mestizo.
she is mostly or primarly mestizo or native american just like how Puerto Ricans are mostly European extract and Dominicans are mostly African extract.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
she is mostly or primarly mestizo or native american just like how Puerto Ricans are mostly European extract and Dominicans are mostly African extract.

Agreed.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:44 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,704,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
well, then she could have a mixture from that 2%, couldn't she? i see african characteristics in her face, which include high cheekbones and full lips.
Hondurans got black in them too.. They may look mestizo or even white but they have black in them too.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Hondurans got black in them too.. They may look mestizo or even white but they have black in them too.

Maybe some have a little bit, But the vast majority of Hondurans are of mainly native american and white mix (mestizo)

Old 01-10-2011, 10:44 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times
Quote:
Maybe some have a little bit, But the vast majority of Hondurans are of mainly native american and white mix (mestizo)
Hondurans are very short if you notice, some do have African blood, Many south & central American countries imported slaves from Africa

Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
LOl I am a NYrican and I am a full PR. I also know a lot NYricans that are full PRicans...
Aint no such thing as a full Puerto Rican

Old 01-10-2011, 11:18 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,381,509 times
How can there not be such as thing as a "full" PR? You bill yourself as "All" American...which is no different than being "All" or "Full" PR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City