Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 07:26 PM

18 posts, read 33,257 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am a 31 year old male, who has a specific type of woman in New York City in mind that I am seeking and would appreciate any suggestions about where to meet her. Here is what I am looking for:

A woman 25 to 35 who is relatively good looking, but does not need to be supermodel quality. She is assertive, independent minded, educated, well traveled, and is very intellectual. In other words, I am interested in a girl who I can watch an intelligent movie (drama, documentary with an occasional fun thriller, horror or comedy thrown in) with and then spend hours on the couch or after coffee discussing the issues in the movie or debating what we would do in such a situation. In addition, someone who would find debating philosophy, psychology, and politics fascinating. Someone who would enjoy going to lectures and meetings on all sorts of topics ranging from religion to deciding on a career goal and being a deep partner in exploration. Additionally, someone who would be a great travel partner with much independence. Much depth, spirit, aura of independence and strength of character. In terms of class background, I would prefer that she middle class to upper middle class, as opposed to from the poverty class or a millionairess (personal reasons, along with wanting a middle class to upper middle class woman like my mom)

So, my question is:

1. What places within the five boroughs would be the best places to meet an intellectual independent decent looking middle to upper middle class woman?

2. What is your opinion on the type of woman I seek?

Any advice or thoughts would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 08:16 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,793,628 times
I think she lives in Maspeth.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:20 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,793,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkKramer103 View Post
Hello, I am a 31 year old male, who has a specific type of woman in New York City in mind that I am seeking and would appreciate any suggestions about where to meet her. Here is what I am looking for:

A woman 25 to 35 who is relatively good looking, but does not need to be supermodel quality. She is assertive, independent minded, educated, well traveled, and is very intellectual. In other words, I am interested in a girl who I can watch an intelligent movie (drama, documentary with an occasional fun thriller, horror or comedy thrown in) with and then spend hours on the couch or after coffee discussing the issues in the movie or debating what we would do in such a situation. In addition, someone who would find debating philosophy, psychology, and politics fascinating. Someone who would enjoy going to lectures and meetings on all sorts of topics ranging from religion to deciding on a career goal and being a deep partner in exploration. Additionally, someone who would be a great travel partner with much independence. Much depth, spirit, aura of independence and strength of character. In terms of class background, I would prefer that she middle class to upper middle class, as opposed to from the poverty class or a millionairess (personal reasons, along with wanting a middle class to upper middle class woman like my mom)

So, my question is:

1. What places within the five boroughs would be the best places to meet an intellectual independent decent looking middle to upper middle class woman?

2. What is your opinion on the type of woman I seek?

Any advice or thoughts would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks

Mark, if this is real, which I doubt but will bite, the woman you're looking for will definitely NOT BE be attracted to a 31 year old dude seeking his perfect woman on a city-data discussion board.

Try match.com or something.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 12-29-2010 at 11:53 PM..

Old 12-27-2010, 08:34 PM

756 posts, read 2,279,977 times
Actually, I fit all your criteria, but I'm (happily) taken.

For what it's worth, I live in Manhattan. I'd say the type of women you seek will mostly live in Manhattan, Brooklyn and some parts of Queens. I don't think there's anything wrong with what you're looking for, other than the fact that that's what just about EVERY single man in Manhattan is looking for.

Also, you don't mention what *you* look like. I, like a lot of women, admit to being a bit shallow. I don't need a super model, but style, good grooming, and a touch of good genetics are a must.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:50 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,837,498 times
First question this woman would ask: What bank do you work for.

Last edited by LadyR1990; 12-27-2010 at 09:34 PM..

Old 12-27-2010, 09:10 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,473,524 times
Hello Mark, Since you, at 31, are not yet in a committed relationship, I wonder about YOU. What type of person are YOU? Do you fit your own criteria in a mate? Are you in a great career with a stellar resume, making 6 figures? What do you LOOK like? Are you at least 6'2"? I know you must have the perfect physique and an IQ of at least 175. Do tell........

Old 12-28-2010, 07:46 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,306,718 times
Your answers are in your post:

1. If you like to travel, take a trip with National Geographic or other groups that attracted like-minded women in the economic position you're seeking. I know two women who married guys they met while traveling alone and a third who dated a fellow traveler for some time.

2. If you like going to lectures, GO! And be friendly when you're there.

3. If you like film, volunteer to work at Tribeca or another festival this year. You are sure to meet someone who shares your love of film.

Lastly, be open to those who don't meet every little requirement on your list, provided they meet the really important things like being independent and having strong character. I dated a guy who was literally the male version of me (liked all the same things, loved to debate but couldn't because we always agreed, etc) and after 6 months, I was bored. I am now engaged to a man who met all the really important things on my list (kind, loyal, strong character & work ethic, from a good family), but we have wildly different interests. I've learned to really like some of the things he does and vice versatile, but there are also times when he wants to do something and I say "take a friend". It works for us.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:56 PM

130 posts, read 163,304 times
Not for nothing, doesn't this posting belong on a dating website?!
Mark, you'll probably find your dream girl when you're least looking. The harder you try, the more you'll fail. You will find someone when you least expect it. If you are looking for a girl with said qualities, I would suggest going back to college to take a continuing education class or something or enrolling in a membership in a museum like BAM or opera. I mean haven't you heard of asking your friends to be on the lookout for you? If you like philosophy, consider joining a Socrates Cafe meeting at NY Ethical Society in Manhattan.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:35 PM

18 posts, read 33,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefrogs View Post
Not for nothing, doesn't this posting belong on a dating website?!
Mark, you'll probably find your dream girl when you're least looking. The harder you try, the more you'll fail. You will find someone when you least expect it. If you are looking for a girl with said qualities, I would suggest going back to college to take a continuing education class or something or enrolling in a membership in a museum like BAM or opera. I mean haven't you heard of asking your friends to be on the lookout for you? If you like philosophy, consider joining a Socrates Cafe meeting at NY Ethical Society in Manhattan.
Thanks, going to try some special event series at CUNY Graduate and NYU on certain historical, social, and political topics that interest me and the Socrates cafe meeting suggestion. I may also try my local Mensa chapter. ( took a IQ test during grad school as part of a hospital psychology study for cash and got a qualifying score). However, I have heard mixed things about Mensa. Some genuinely smart people, some people who just test well, and some who are truly out of it.

By the way, what neighborhoods would you say contain the best quality intellectual middle to upper middle class women?

Old 12-29-2010, 07:39 PM

3 posts, read 7,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
I think she lives in Maspeth.
Maspeth is a great place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: