Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM

86 posts, read 247,359 times

Advertisements

A few weeks ago on the 1 train a guy sitting next to me ate an entire value meal from McDonalds in about 5 minutes, including an apple pie. I wasnt thinking he was an animal, but I WAS thinking "dang that smells good, I wonder if he'd give me a fry?". The older lady was wrong for opening her mouth, and the younger women were wrong for blowing it out of proportion and assaulting her. It had to be the A train...just because of the crazy situation. A = crazy train!

Old 03-20-2011, 04:41 PM

916 posts, read 2,246,801 times
Eating on the train is not right, but insulting those girls by calling
them animals is asking for trouble. I don't care what race or how
ghetto those girls are, if you call someone an animal, no one will
listen to what you said after that, no matter how right you are.

She could've ask them nicely not to eat on the train, whether they
listen to her request is questionable, but it would probably not
escalating into a fight. I don't like people eating full meal next to me,
too. but I'm not going to call them names and ended up getting beat
up or worse. Both side are kind of confrontational to me.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:42 PM

1,090 posts, read 3,168,340 times
I'm white myself and I couldn't hear exactly what was going on so I am a bit confused, but it seems like that white lady just opened her mouth and said something rude to the girl that was eating. It didn't seem like the girl was bothering her, but I don't understand why the fight continued. Was the white lady still talking smack or something? Why did they block her and get in her face? White lady was being dumb, but they made themselves look like very typical idiots for bringing it to the level that they did. I'm sure they aren't high achieving NYU grads or anything of the sort if they actually got this worked up about it. I have had rude things said to me and I DO argue back, but I don't touch people or anything. When the black girl got stupid and got in her face the black girl was invading her safety zone and totally deserved to get hit.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:49 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel420 View Post
A few weeks ago on the 1 train a guy sitting next to me ate an entire value meal from McDonalds in about 5 minutes, including an apple pie. I wasnt thinking he was an animal, but I WAS thinking "dang that smells good, I wonder if he'd give me a fry?". The older lady was wrong for opening her mouth, and the younger women were wrong for blowing it out of proportion and assaulting her. It had to be the A train...just because of the crazy situation. A = crazy train!
Of course it had to be the A TRAIN. Iy runs through the most ghetto area of the city.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:35 PM

518 posts, read 1,580,203 times
Having watched the video a few times now - I feel terrible for the older lady - I cant for the life of me figure out why she opened her mouth? I'm sure the stink of the food was overpowering, and probably shocking to see - BUT those two girls got up, and stood menacingly over the lady - despite the efforts of the guy sitting next to the older lady - when that girl with the "love Pink" bag chest bumped the older lady - the older lady pushed her away - classic move - the girl can now swing on the older lady cause the older lady pushed her - the chest bump is HS schoolyard dirty fighting 101 - And when the girl threw the pasta and totally freaked out, the other passengers in the train were rightfully yelling to calm down, but you could hear her shrieking. Shrieking? I haven't heard shrieking since I spent the night in delivery room! The other girl not eating also looked like she wanted to fight - When the whole thing started, you can see her perching on the chair just waiting to pounce.
This video is a terrible thing to watch. For shame.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:44 PM

518 posts, read 1,580,203 times
trainpigs is AWESOME!!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:14 PM
s06

105 posts, read 256,453 times
While I don't condone what both parties did, I don't feel that it's easy to judge that the girls were deliberately looking for a fight. In the beginning, they were just trying to defend themselves verbally, from the middle-aged woman who bothered them, called them "animals," then apparently threatened to contact the police on them (this was before the fight, when the girl was eating food, because one of the girls said, "We're not going to jail. You're going to jail.")

Maybe the girls stood up because their stop was coming up and they were preparing to leave.

At the 2:25 mark, where the girl bumped into the woman, looked like a complete accident to me: The train had stopped and when it started moving again, one of the girls accidently bumped into her friend, who then accidently bumped into the women, who then pushed the girl off of her, probably interpreting it as being done on purpose. Then, the other girl said to the woman, "Don't touch her!"

I'm just saying that I think it escalated into a fist fight due to a misinterpretation of an accident.

Last edited by s06; 03-20-2011 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: added more

Old 03-20-2011, 09:30 PM

I applaud the good samaratan who tried to break up and took some damage himself. A true new yorker in my book.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:47 AM

Both parties were very beastly!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:57 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
Eating on the train is not right, but insulting those girls by calling
them animals is asking for trouble. I don't care what race or how
ghetto those girls are, if you call someone an animal, no one will
listen to what you said after that, no matter how right you are.

She could've ask them nicely not to eat on the train, whether they
listen to her request is questionable, but it would probably not
escalating into a fight. I don't like people eating full meal next to me,
too. but I'm not going to call them names and ended up getting beat
up or worse. Both side are kind of confrontational to me.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City