Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 10:08 AM

106 posts, read 251,501 times

Advertisements

American football star Isayah Muller stabbed in car park fight hours after high school graduation | Mail Online

I came across this story the other day
If you scroll down there is a video of the whole fight.
I was truly saddened by this stories and thought it was so senseless.
Just curious how others felt about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 10:14 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,267,364 times
The victims here are the parking attendants. It sounds like the father and football star went nuts and started attacking the attendants over a stupid bottle of cologne. Civilized people resolve these minor situations without violence. It doesn't sound like society lost a productive member here and hopefully the Dad gets put away for awhile.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:42 AM

5,521 posts, read 8,773,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
The victims here are the parking attendants. It sounds like the father and football star went nuts and started attacking the attendants over a stupid bottle of cologne. Civilized people resolve these minor situations without violence. It doesn't sound like society lost a productive member here and hopefully the Dad gets put away for awhile.

This is one of the meanest things I have ever seen on CD. A prmisinv young man loses his life defending his admittedly hot headed father and you see no loss to society and think his killer is the victim? That is truly truly screwed up in a big way.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:55 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,694,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
This is one of the meanest things I have ever seen on CD. A prmisinv young man loses his life defending his admittedly hot headed father and you see no loss to society and think his killer is the victim? That is truly truly screwed up in a big way.
I kind of agree with bark. You say that a young man loses his life defending his hot headed father.

That is true. The actions that day obviously were a result from his fathers decision to go up there and do what they did. But this is probably not the first time this father has flipped out and chances are the "football star" probably will act a lot like his father a lot in the future.

Kids many times end up just like there parents. How do we know the football star isn't going to flip out like his dad in college and beat up somebody who talked to his g/f? We don't but any father who is going to allow there son to be with them while they do that probably is not the best romodel. And probably has told his son all about respect and such and if you don't get it sometimes you have to use violence.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:12 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times
The father Andre was the one attacking with a showel. So he's guilty.

Isayah was not armed, yet he was stabbed.

The parking attendant was acting with excessive self defense, so he's also guilty.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
The father Andre was the one attacking with a showel.

Isayah was not armed, yet he was stabbed.

The parking attendant was acting with excessive self defense.

Then what was Isayah doing? I don't always buy the excessive self defense BS because in the heat of the moment you never know how you will react when your life is threatend.

It's one thing if his son was off near the front door minding his business but even if his son just tried to push the guy off his dad or something like that I could understand him getting stabbed. Like I said, in the heat of the moment things happen that you don't always want to.

Bottom line is that none of this would have ever happened if his dad did not do what he did.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:17 AM

106 posts, read 251,501 times
I kind of agree with you both
The attendants were also victims because they were being physically and verbally attacked.
I don't think they had to stab him but then again I have never been punched in the face or hit with a shovel so I don't know what that feels like or how I would defend myself.
The sad part is that all this was over a $200 cologne. I didn't know cologne was that expensive.
And a young man graduates out of nyc public school system and loses his life this way.
The dad should have just made a written report and called the police which I believe is the common practice when you want to report something lost or stolen.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:25 AM

Were the parking attendants black also or what? Aren't a lot middle eastern descent? My point is that I think sometimes middle eastern people sometimes feel like they are more in harms way because of things around this country and world that happen. So if they were middle eastern they may have felt more threatend.

As well as the black father having a little bit of more hatred towards that group because of things that go around the world. I know plenty of people that will snap quicker towards middle eastern people because of how they act doing business.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:41 AM

448 posts, read 685,361 times
Sad situation. Could've been prevented. Young life lost over $200. Not worth it.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:04 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Default My Opinion...

More tragic deaths caused by senseless violence. Im not going into poking-flowers-in-gun-barrels ranting, But people seem to kill one another at the drop of a hat. A bottle of cologne results in violence involving machetes and shovels. It's nuts. just nuts.

it is up to a court of law to determine the guilt or innocence, or malicious intent Vs. Self defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City