Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 12:10 PM

62 posts, read 147,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneboo View Post
I'm still waiting on a response from St. Ann's Terrace.
@ Stephanie....girl, I have not purchased a thing nor have I even begun to think about starting to pack. SMH!
This weekend and next, I said I would just go in head first and do it...but then I realized its only Wednesday and when Saturday comes around, it'll be a different story. Completely different. I'm figuring out how in the world I'm going to get this big behind bed into my apt. That alone is gonna be something. Guess that's why I have so many male cousins and friends...for situations as such. Put they butts to work. Feed em' later

Hey Moneboo, yes I also applied to St. Anns Terrace.. haven't heard a thing back yet,

ALSO! i just saw that they changed the completion dates for the other
St.Anns FG building, the new one, it was January 2012, now they pushed it to Spring 2012.. i'm like Wow! I cannot imagine staying at my place until the summer of 2012...I want out like this winter, or Jan..ugh ..this proces is soo stressful. i'm going crazy. I've sent out so many applications..and have made so many visits to these managements. This is not easy at all. PrettiK, i think i'm going to visit Wavecrest Mgmt tomorrow, any tips???

Old 10-19-2011, 12:14 PM

365 posts, read 502,483 times
@prettimami...I know what you mean...smh!
This is very stressful...I have to move in 2 wks, haven't started packing yet and still have to figure out what's going on.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:11 PM

169 posts, read 187,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneboo View Post
I'm still waiting on a response from St. Ann's Terrace.
@ Stephanie....girl, I have not purchased a thing nor have I even begun to think about starting to pack. SMH!
This weekend and next, I said I would just go in head first and do it...but then I realized its only Wednesday and when Saturday comes around, it'll be a different story. Completely different. I'm figuring out how in the world I'm going to get this big behind bed into my apt. That alone is gonna be something. Guess that's why I have so many male cousins and friends...for situations as such. Put they butts to work. Feed em' later
Hey did you have an Interview for st annes? Or you just applied?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:13 PM

169 posts, read 187,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMami View Post
Hey Moneboo, yes I also applied to St. Anns Terrace.. haven't heard a thing back yet,

ALSO! i just saw that they changed the completion dates for the other
St.Anns FG building, the new one, it was January 2012, now they pushed it to Spring 2012.. i'm like Wow! I cannot imagine staying at my place until the summer of 2012...I want out like this winter, or Jan..ugh ..this proces is soo stressful. i'm going crazy. I've sent out so many applications..and have made so many visits to these managements. This is not easy at all. PrettiK, i think i'm going to visit Wavecrest Mgmt tomorrow, any tips???
I don't have any tips I'm sorry but I don't think it will hurt to go in in person you never know what can happen.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:55 PM

507 posts, read 689,623 times
hello-everyone..stephanie..yeah!..they hitting cars?..well I have a low floor window-and I hear the slighest sound(s)..but last saturday when i drove down to canal street..I did see a chinese guy with the police car,and you know me..i had to peep out whats going on..I saw that his front passenger window was broken!..it was shattered on the ground and all-that!..so thats on brook ave..now I park right up by my window..and I do sleep with 1-eye open..and 1 eye-closed!..I got my baseball-bat right up under my-pillow..so let me hear/see/catch a fool-CREEPING!.
the funny thing is-I get up like 4am-5am..and I see people walking..or standing by that bus-stop..but if i see something suspicious..im calling the police-and giving them a/the discription of the perp!..thats police-talk!..because he could be a-grouper/rapeist/mugger/killer..or even 1 who breaks in cars!..if you aint walking a-dog..or jogging..or trying to catch a cab!..what the hell you doing out there/here at them wee hours!?..im calling the dispatcher and sqealing!..***-that!..because my car could/can be next!..and people be coming through here with some nice-whips!..caddies-lexus-benzez-cayennes-infinities gs-coupes...not to mention my little-put-put!..so i crack my blinds open a bit-so if you see 2-eye-balls moving left-to-right thats me!..watchout now!

Old 10-19-2011, 03:06 PM

507 posts, read 689,623 times
..stephanie-you know they close/lock that park up accross the street at 10pm...so it should'nt be nodody hangin out there after..but in the wee hours..you has to watchout!..its quiet over here-so the slightest noise you'll hear...the thing is..them parking garages dont have no real eyes and ears..and anyone/body can walk down in there..and for the people who have gps..and sound systems..and dont club their vehicles..well-whos going to pay for the damages to our cars-if something were to happen?..can you sue the mgnt company?..it is on their property.
huh!..let me catch someone breaking in my car/ride-im letting my insurance company geal with it-smith n wesson!

Old 10-19-2011, 03:08 PM

317 posts, read 579,026 times
Deli you are a mess. But the thing is the garage is underground and my building is around the corner from it. I'm guessing the cameras aren't working or it's just not a priority for the wonderful cops from the 42nd pct. Yet and all they pulled me over 3 weeks ago for my illegal tints. Smh!!! Moneboo..... 2 weeks isn't a long time so chop-chop my dear. Yes it pays to have a couple of guys on your pay role.... Lmao.... So all you have to do is feed them and give them some liquor and they should be good.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:13 PM

317 posts, read 579,026 times
Deli if you go by the track early in the am you will see a few cars broken into as well as a car fogged up or a chick slobbing the knob. I'm like wow!!! Really chick???? He don't even think your worth a short stay at the telly??? Too funny!!!

Old 10-19-2011, 06:41 PM

365 posts, read 502,483 times
@Steph...lol...I'm dragging my feet for some reason. I know it's gonna bite me in the long run. My biggest concern is just getting there and being safe and comfortable. Who knows, I may love it.
@Deli...I swear....lmao...you are truly tool much! Lmao!
@prettymami...no hun! I didn't interview. I just mailed in my app like 2 weeks ago and didn't hear from them. It was for the open market also...so I don't know how that works.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:10 PM

185 posts, read 243,140 times
Hey everyone, I finally picked up my keys today... it felt great !!!! I went into my apartment and there is just a few things that they need to fix like missing light bulbs and cleaning the floor but tomorrow is the big day after work I'm finally going to have a place of my own to call home

again, I want to thank all of you for ur on-going support, tips, advice, ideas, and motivation throughout this process with BBTB !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery