Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 11:29 PM

110 posts, read 222,183 times

Advertisements

Thanks guys, I've just returned home to Australia after an awesome few weeks in your city, the best vacation of my life in what I'll describe as the friendliest, and easiest city to get around on Earth. Whoever invented the subway is a genius, if only Sydney's public transport was 10% as good. Whoever came up with the idea for Central Park, excuse my ignorance on this issue, is also a genius. My problem, however, is where could I possibly travel to in the future that wouldn't be boring compared to NYC. My choice to stay on Ave C in the East Village was perfect as well. Thanks again guys,

Last edited by bigdaz; 09-07-2011 at 11:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 11:32 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Central park is out of touch with nature if you ask me. But the thanks is yours for visiting.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 09-07-2011 at 11:44 PM..

Old 09-08-2011, 12:41 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times
Thank you, bigdaz, it was nice to meet you.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:40 AM

61 posts, read 145,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Central park is out of touch with nature if you ask me. But the thanks is yours for visiting.
Well, there's still the woodlands in Central Pk North. Until they completely chop it down, that is.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:49 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,581,189 times
Glad you had such a great time!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:14 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaz View Post
Thanks guys, I've just returned home to Australia after an awesome few weeks in your city, the best vacation of my life in what I'll describe as the friendliest, and easiest city to get around on Earth. Whoever invented the subway is a genius, if only Sydney's public transport was 10% as good. Whoever came up with the idea for Central Park, excuse my ignorance on this issue, is also a genius. My problem, however, is where could I possibly travel to in the future that wouldn't be boring compared to NYC. My choice to stay on Ave C in the East Village was perfect as well. Thanks again guys,
Hey, thank you. Come back soon!

And as an employee of the transit authority everyone (usually) loves to hate, it was a pleasure helping you get around town.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:18 PM

749 posts, read 2,455,505 times
Have you been to Tokyo? That's one place I would suggest to visit if you want to experience a faster pace of life than NYC in a much bigger, denser, more populated urban metropolis while still being in a safe and clean 1st world country with all of the usual amenities you'd get in NYC.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:21 PM

110 posts, read 222,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biskit View Post
Have you been to Tokyo? That's one place I would suggest to visit if you want to experience a faster pace of life than NYC in a much bigger, denser, more populated urban metropolis while still being in a safe and clean 1st world country with all of the usual amenities you'd get in NYC.
Thanks for the idea Biskit, I hear you in terms of the pace of life, density of humanity etc but the thing that gets me about NYC is the sheer number of world famous landmarks in one city, and the volume of activities that interest me, eg. Last Thursday I visited MoMA in the morning, took in a visit to the statue of Liberty before heading to the New Meadowlands stadium for the Jets vs Eagles game, back in town for a late dinner then some bars in the meatpacking district, to be honest I can't think of anywhere in the world where I could hope to match such a day, I'm guessing that only Paris and Rome come close, having been to London a handful of times. New Orleans is next on my USA list but for different reasons

Last edited by bigdaz; 09-10-2011 at 06:31 PM..

Old 09-10-2011, 06:25 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,035,277 times
So glad that you enjoyed yourself! Come back soon!

Old 09-10-2011, 06:34 PM

449 posts, read 877,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaz View Post
SEE, and we complain!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City