Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 09:06 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,070,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
River Park Towers are below W. Tremont ave therefore, they are comfortably in Morris Heights. That Burnside crew is on the border, it would depend on whether they live above or below W. Burnside ave. But if they're African Americans, then I consider them to be from Morris Heights. University Heights doesn't have a high African American population, only about 25%. On the other hand, Morris Heights consisting of mostly rehabbed NYCHA buildings is about 40% African American. Consider it the difference in African American population of Mott Haven (25%) to Melrose (40%).

It would be like a crime occurring in Patterson Houses and me referring to it as the Melrose area.

Trinitarios do have a strong presence in Morris Heights, but it being a black neighborhood, you're going to have more YB'z, YG'z, RPT etc (African American gangs) ...University Heights does however have a higher presence of Trinitarios since the nabe is overwhelmingly hispanic.
I know its morris heights but I usually associate university heights with much of thr encompassing areas. Dont feel offended. its just sad whats going on up in the univeristy heights and surronding areas like fordham and morris heights. I wouldnt be caught dead there in those areas. I cant forget one of my good friends almost got jumped around 183rd and grand concourse.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 11-10-2011 at 09:16 PM..

Old 11-11-2011, 02:11 AM

669 posts, read 1,275,055 times
The Bronx is real hot right now

Old 11-11-2011, 03:25 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,260,502 times
And this happened right in the center of the Melrose revitalization, gentrification area.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:47 AM

303 posts, read 604,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
The Bronx is real hot right now
Been that way for the past couple of years.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:54 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,389,726 times
This is silly....and an extremely random act. If you noted from the driver, he has been delivering to that location and never had a problem. And really..when was the last time you heard of this happening in the Bronx? In fact, it is the only such attempt this year in the entire state, so let's keep the "Bronx is hot right now" nonsense tempered.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:02 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,563,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I was reading the daily news on how two rival gangs from the university heights section of the bronx had a shoot out inside the emergency room of bronx lebenon hospital. the rival gangs are burnside money getters and river park tower crew. Im surprised it was no trinitario which is the largest gang im that area of the bronx. two hospital workers got shot. Whats going on in the uh area?
I just read that article and that is just crazy: a shootout inside a hospital?! Damn that's crazy recklessness! Can't recall hearing anything like recently anywhere else in NYC. Sobro Guy, I understand you feel like some people who are perpetuating "the Bronx is crazy" are false but you gotta admit for the past week the BX have been in the headlines quite a bit more than anywhere else in NYC.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:49 AM

669 posts, read 1,275,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
I just read that article and that is just crazy: a shootout inside a hospital?! Damn that's crazy recklessness! Can't recall hearing anything like recently anywhere else in NYC. Sobro Guy, I understand you feel like some people who are perpetuating "the Bronx is crazy" are false but you gotta admit for the past week the BX have been in the headlines quite a bit more than anywhere else in NYC.

Exactly idk why Sobroguy is getting so offended the Bronx has been hot this past week compared to the other boroughs.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
The last time I heard of a shoot out inside of a hospital was when I was playing GTA IV shooting it out with the cops inside the schottler hospital in Broker the fictional Brooklyn.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
Exactly idk why Sobroguy is getting so offended the Bronx has been hot this past week compared to the other boroughs.
Last week in Mott Haven the Marathon had passed through the area. Mott Haven was so clean on some blocks, the garbage was stocked properly and no garbage on the streets it really put an impression on the tourist who flocked to the area this past sunday. I heard one white guy say wow the projects is not bad at all. IT looked real safe that day even at night time with cops all over the place patrolling the marathon route in Mott Haven. Damn I wish it was like this everyday.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:27 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,156,935 times
The armored car robbery incident is interesting because the shootout was all perpetuated by the DRIVER. The robbers never fired a shot. The driver should go to jail too for recklessness and shooting into MTA buses. Just because his company's money got stolen does not give him to right to put so many innocent bystanders in danger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City