Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 06:17 AM

6 posts, read 30,411 times

Advertisements

What does it mean when the management agency send your file to the city for approval? Do I literally have to wait for the city to request my income tax forms from the federal government and to receive income verification from my job before I know whether or not I will get an apartment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 06:16 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everadiva View Post
What does it mean when the management agency send your file to the city for approval? Do I literally have to wait for the city to request my income tax forms from the federal government and to receive income verification from my job before I know whether or not I will get an apartment?

No, it usually means you are beyond all that. The management agency has vetted your figures and found them to be okay. These figures are sent to HPD for final approval. Usually the management company knows what HPD needs so there will likely not be any need for any other paperwork from you.

But if there is a need for more, then HPD will tell the management agency and they will contact you.

But USUALLY once it goes to the City you are likely to be accepted. WHEN is another question.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:14 AM

9 posts, read 32,972 times
How do you know that your are awaiting for Hpds final approval. I am also waiting since august, and getting a little anxious. I got a letter in the mail from the IRS stating that the mgmt at the roma has requested some info. dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing......im confused-__-

Old 10-19-2011, 11:43 AM

62 posts, read 147,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess16 View Post
How do you know that your are awaiting for Hpds final approval. I am also waiting since august, and getting a little anxious. I got a letter in the mail from the IRS stating that the mgmt at the roma has requested some info. dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing......im confused-__-
What building did you apply for Jess16 and when, just asking so i can get an idead of how long it takes some ppl. i'm also applying to some buildings but haven't heard anything back just yet.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:59 PM

Pretty mami..i applied back in feb. Then i got an interview in august. Got some calls requesting more documents. I gave them in and then nothing. So im just waiting. I applied for the blding 868. Its on E.162 st. Courtlandt corners is the name of the bldings

Old 10-19-2011, 05:30 PM

801 posts, read 1,105,516 times
First time ever I heard the IRS sends a letter to ask for information . You should call IRS and straight that out, !! When the city has youre files it doesn't mean that you going to get approved. It takes a while for them to make sure you cualified.and it could take 4 to 8 weeks for a answer. Just make sure witch housing program you applied for. HPD or HDC.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:37 AM

I thought the normal procedure is for HPD to make the ruling and they get an affidavit from you to have your STATE Income Tax forms released to them.

I doubt that the IRS will involve itself with these local housing matters, although the housing companies may ask to SEE your IRS forms and you will give them copies.

Although there are SOME few places that have taken federal money or loans from HUD or other agencies...maybe THEN the IRS will get involved but I really doublt it because of strict privacy restraints imposed on the IRS (supposedly )?

Old 10-20-2011, 08:31 AM

801 posts, read 1,105,516 times
Yes you right. But the city needs you're w2 forms to do their research. But the IRS ask him in a letter for info. And that is not normal. If the city doesn't approved his aplication, the development will send him a letter, or sometimes they never answer. But real talk . Call to the IRS as soon is posible.theres somthing wrong when they ask permission to give information , I hope is not a identity theft issue.but if he also owns the IRS , they aré already chasing him!!

Old 10-20-2011, 12:20 PM

W-2's are different...they come from your employer and not the IRS. In fact, you can go to any stationary store and buy W-2 forms and fill them out yourself. )
But that would be ILLEGAL , as Dick Nixon would say speaking loudly into the microphone concealed in a flowerpot.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:23 PM

Well the letter said that the roma apts requested copies of a W-2 that I did not have. That was all. They were not asking permission, they actually send me a copy of the form I filled out at the mgment giving mgment permission to request needed documents. I just wanted to know if that meant my application was sent through? what step in the process is it? or I will just have to keep waiting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: