Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 03:29 PM

168 posts, read 523,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
Getting on a bus is quite difference than standing on a street corner, blowing smoke in the child's face, while cursing it up with several unsavory characters AT 11PM AT NIGHT. Our government already spends more per capita on primary and secondary education than any other country in the world.
That doesn't mean we spend it effectively. The educational performance of U.S. youth lags far behind a good portion of the world, especially in math and science. The economic barrier to higher education in the US is also unrivaled by any other nation on earth. I'm not saying that it's the taxpayers responsibility to care for this woman on the street corner that you appear to detest so much, but merely suggesting that your grievances are part of a greater, systemic problem that as a society, have failed to effectively address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 03:34 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullingHairs View Post
Oh, and I bet that nobody here would think twice about a woman rolling her baby around at 11:30pm in Park Slope (I see it ALL the time), but heaven forbid you see woman with child getting onto the bus in front of the Red Hook projects at the same time of night -- now suddenly that's just plain "ghetto" and she's a terrible mother...

Nah, this almost makes me even more sick to my stomach.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:58 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,792,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Nah, this almost makes me even more sick to my stomach.
It's art......................LOL

SMH (AGAIN)

Old 10-12-2011, 05:23 PM

810 posts, read 837,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullingHairs View Post
greater, systemic problem that as a society, have failed to effectively address.
It's called the hopeless uncle syndrome, were too many chances are given to someone who doesn't want to change and is dead set in their decadent ways. The only systemic solution is to get rid of the dead weight already.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
so much for all the posts on CDF saying "the vigilante" is an early 70's painting of NYC which is long since dead and gone.
urban america, denial is not a river in egypt.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:55 PM

57 posts, read 128,660 times
Quote:
Recently moved to Chinatown and am staying with a Chinese friend of mine. Across the street, there are housing projects lining the river underneath the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges. Everynight (7 days a week), thugs hang around outside, blast loud music, and shout loudly. Last night at around 9pm, I heard pop-pop-pop-pop, and saw several of these thug vermin running out of the courtyard. This happened late Saturday as well. Who knew that a mere 15 minute walk from Wall Street was a war zone?
Common sense would have told you to expect this dude!!!

Old 10-13-2011, 01:43 PM

573 posts, read 1,462,735 times
Quote:
Across the street, there are housing projects lining the river underneath the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges
Rutgers Houses?

Old 10-13-2011, 06:21 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
blowing smoke in the child's face
Oh please...just save it. Those same Park Slope stroller Nazis sit with their babies in the bar and drink wine.

And I am 100% sure, no matter how ghetto the mother might seem, you did not see her bending into the stroller to blow her smoke on the baby's face. You should write for The Onion.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-14-2011, 08:37 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
I second that 7th...this dude is overdramatic at best, and lieing at worst. Of course, the stroller nazis getting drunk at noon with babies on their lap get a free pass, cuz, well, they are in a nice restaurant spending their husbands money!

A woman smoking and getting on a bus with a stroller at 11 pm in East Harlem is a "horrible ghetto mom"...a women smoking getting into a car with a stroller at 11 pm in Park Slope "just had a long day." A woman smoking and getting out of a KFC at 11pm with a stroller in Bed-Stuy is a "hoodrat", while the woman smoking getting into a car with a stroller at 11pm in Tribeca was "enjoying a nice evening." Ridiculous.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:48 AM

810 posts, read 837,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I second that 7th...this dude is overdramatic at best, and lieing at worst. Of course, the stroller nazis getting drunk at noon with babies on their lap get a free pass, cuz, well, they are in a nice restaurant spending their husbands money!

A woman smoking and getting on a bus with a stroller at 11 pm in East Harlem is a "horrible ghetto mom"...a women smoking getting into a car with a stroller at 11 pm in Park Slope "just had a long day." A woman smoking and getting out of a KFC at 11pm with a stroller in Bed-Stuy is a "hoodrat", while the woman smoking getting into a car with a stroller at 11pm in Tribeca was "enjoying a nice evening." Ridiculous.
You are saying he is exaggerating, but you try to counter that by making exaggerations of your own. Those in East Harlem and Bed-Stuy have much bigger problems than blowing smoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City