Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:37 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,807,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grigou View Post
You have got to be kidding me, right? Hello! Didn't you get the memo? With a population of over 8 million people, New York City shouldn't actually be called New York City anymore because IT HAS BEEN RUN OVER AND RUINED BY WHITE BEARDED MIDDLE WESTERN TRUSTFUND YUPSTERS!!!! Easily over 50% of people living in New York (and easily 80% of white people who dare to wear jeans and sneakers and facial hair and ride a bike are to be considered despicable transplant yupsters) are not pure-blooded New Yorkers and are RUINING this once great city with their bike lanes, vegan restaurants and organic milk they are imposing on the little endangered community of real New Yorkers who are left.

Gentrification is nothing else than code for RUINING THE IDENTITY OF THIS ONCE GREAT CITY. And YES! The blame goes entirely to white bearded middle western yupsters who turned this city into some kind of hippy nightmare. I mean, have you BEEN to Williamsburg lately? Nothing but entitled liberal trustfund-baby weird-dressing metrosexual "artist" (biiiig quotation marks here) white bearded yupsters. They should NOT BE ALLOWED to impose their twisted values on this city. Case closed.
you're slipping man... the sarcasm is becoming more easily evident by the post... quit while you're ahead...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 12:41 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,376 times
I'd give him more credit if he got creative with it. But it's literally the same ole' tantrum every time. C'mon tiger, let's at least get a little variety here...

Old 02-06-2012, 01:29 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,530 times
You know I think some hipsters can be real dorky but they come in all colors. The thing I find funny about this thread is that there's such a big deal being made over transplants when what made this city what it is were people from all over the world. The Irish, Italians, Germans, Polish, Caribbean folk, Latins. There was a period when they were all transplants from one place or another. Things change, migration habits change as well. Now were getting a lot of domestic migration from places like wisconsin, so what? Live your life, it's not that serious.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
You know I think some hipsters can be real dorky but they come in all colors. The thing I find funny about this thread is that there's such a big deal being made over transplants when what made this city what it is were people from all over the world. The Irish, Italians, Germans, Polish, Caribbean folk, Latins. There was a period when they were all transplants from one place or another. Things change, migration habits change as well. Now were getting a lot of domestic migration from places like wisconsin, so what? Live your life, it's not that serious.

I guess it needs to be consistently reiterated that the term "transplant" has been hijacked these days. I don't think any native born new yorkers on this board or the city for that matter could care less about anybody moving here from anywhere.

What is irritating and gets made fun of is the whole attitude of what people consider the yupster, native ny'r or not. Here is an example. And yes, you can deduce his attitude only from a pic:

http://img.waffleimages.com/1e93299648d4f168a8404fd92550a90359519512/t/t1larg.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by availableusername; 02-06-2012 at 01:58 PM..

Old 02-06-2012, 02:04 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
America then.

http://www.greenrightnow.com/wp-cont...eelworkers.jpg

America now.

Men at work then.

http://cache2.artprintimages.com/lrg...9/AU1TD00Z.jpg

Men at work now.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/201...-bjorn-300.jpg

Old 02-06-2012, 02:09 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,609,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I just spit my drink out from laughing.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:19 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
I have to be honest...I don't mind hipsters too much, but I relish the thought of completely dominating these guys in a physical altercation. Seriously, the only reason these guys even exist is because of the protection of the state. If the laws of nature were in full effect, these guys would have been wiped from the gene pool a long time ago. God forbid that the U.S. ever get drawn into a military conflct on the scale of WWII again. Are these the guys who are going to protect this country? We'd be better off sending a girl's softball team into combat.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 02-06-2012 at 02:29 PM..

Old 02-06-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I have to be honest...I don't mind hipsters too much, but I relish the thought of completely dominating these guys in a physical altercation. Seriously, the only reason these guys even exist is because of the protection of the state. If the laws of nature were in full effect, these guys would have been wiped from the gene pool a long time ago. God forbid that the U.S. ever get drawn into a military conflct on the scale of WWII again. Are these the guys who are going to protect this country? We'd be better off sending a girl's softball team into combat.

Well f'n said my friend. My only complaint is that you shoulda kept your edit in there...

Old 02-06-2012, 03:12 PM

113 posts, read 383,442 times
As a Puerto Rican and Irish Catholic schooled at Sacred Heart and All hallows I must say this thread is spot on hilarious. A bit misguided, yes but seriously funny.

Bajan, amen but no need for a war. Have them shape up on a job site with a bunch of Irish and West Indian sheetrockers!!!

Old 02-06-2012, 03:26 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,807,642 times
Quote:
I feel left out... I didn't get to see the edit...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: