Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 02:40 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,022,183 times

Advertisements

Ensure that you aren't dealing with mice or rats.

If you think there may be evil spirits, pray for discernment and for God's protection. If you continue to sense an evil presence, consider seeking out a priest or pastor, maybe one with experience in spiritual warfare, to pray over your home. Do not involve any "experts" who engage in occult practices, whatever you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 02:53 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Just prove it exists and become the scientific celebrity of the century, you'll be rolling in Million$$$

And yea, demons are hella difficult to get rid of. Boric acid helps.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:57 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Thats totally spooky how the word "find" went missing from your last sentence. Do you think this thread is haunted too?

LOL..I meant to omit it

Old 02-06-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
No way I have the balls to do that.
Im not messing around with this thing. What if I make the spirit mad?
I hear ya. My sister took the medium's advice and tried the candles and prayers and it seems to have worked. I haven't heard of any weird things going on or missing items.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
Four people moved out in the last year because of this, all the same incidents. Nothing bad has happened, just bizzare things like glasses breaking when the cabinet is shut.

This is just a crazy situation all in all. I wish the Landlord would have informed me before I moved in, but alas, I would want to rent the place as well.

I think I Need to find a psychic medium to try to figure out what kind of ghost this is. I don't think its an evil spirit by any means, because nothing bad has happened to me.

I just get nervous having this spirit here. I can get basically $1,000 off a month if I decide to stay, but i need to contact some psychics first.
Hmmm...I know it sounds sleazy but would the LL know if the spirit was gone? You'd get a nice apt and he's knocking off $1000 a month. I find it odd though that he's willing to lose $1000 a month because of the spirit but then again, it was sleazy on his part to not tell up front then acknowledged it when you asked him.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:04 PM

900 posts, read 2,372,931 times
I think I had one too in my apartment. I don't think it was a bad spirit but just someone who lived here that was still attached to the apartment.

Only a few weird things have happened nothing really freaky. I don't let it scare me. Fear gives them power and I have a strong faith in God.

My television once turned off by itself, I was nowhere near the remote nor was it on a timer. I chalked it up to a technical reason.

I have a glass desk and I had a glass on top...you know like in drinking cup with the heavy bottom. I watched it move a couple inches by itself then stop. No amount of air could have moved it, there was no condensation under the glass or on the desk, I checked.

Things have gone missing for long periods of time.

I've prayed for God's and His angel's to protect me. I claimed my space saying only ones from God are allowed here and all others aren't welcomed. Nothing else has happened since. I also blessed by house.

I didn't speak to it or acknowledge it, this would give permission for it to be in your life. It's like giving a hi welcome to ghost or demons.

You can never be sure if a demon is hiding behind what may look like a human ghost or making a ghost do certain things. Demons can appear as children to make you feel at ease or trusting.

Get a paranormal group or priest, or whatever answers to your religious practices to help you.

DON'T COMMUNICATE WITH IT!!!

Old 02-06-2012, 03:06 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,838,435 times
We lived in an old farmhouse in Texas that had spirits( besides us) living there. I saw a rocking chair rocking by itself. My son was an infant in his crib, and hadn't even got to the point of turning over yet. His mother was in the kitchen, and as I went by his room going out, I looked in on him, and saw he was sleeping. When I came back in the house, I looked in on him again, and saw he had a stuffed animal in his arms. I asked the wife if he had been crying, and that is why she gave him the stuffed animal. She said he had been sleeping, and she hadn't ever left the kitchen. At night, in the attic, I would hear men talking and laughing, and what sounded like moving heavy boxes around. Several times there would be a loud crash, as if something was coming through the ceiling, but no one else woke up. I would go up the next day and look, and nothing had been touched. My wife used to mention that when she would take a nap that on waking, it was as if something was holding her head to the pillow. We used to shrug it off, thinking she was still half asleep, and maybe dreaming. We realized later that it could have been something more. The last thing that happened before we moved was we heard music, and the sounds of a party with children, a harpsichord, and people talking and laughing coming from the kitchen at 9:00 pm at night. We listened to it for about 15 minutes, till it finally faded away. Several months went by, then we had our next incident. I had installed a doorbell that operates on batteries, and had put a button at the back door, and one at the front door. Suddenly, one day they began ringing, with no one pushing the button. I couldn't figure out how to stop them, so I took out the batteries, thinking that would do it. Both the buttons were laying on the counter in the kitchen with no batteries, and the doorbell began to chime. That lasted about 10 minutes, then it finally stopped. After that we heard nothing else. We found out shortly before we moved that a man had died in the house, and they had a wake for him in the dining room. Some things were a little unnerving but nothing ever harmed any of us.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:05 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,331,224 times
I thought this tread was a joke but obviously it's not! Some places just have bad "energy" and if it's creeping you out, you're just not going to feel comfortable until you (or whatever entity is there with you) leaves. Like someone else said, try and do some research on the apt, maybe something happened there and that can tell you a bit more about who or what is living there too.

Question to the OP; did the place "feel" off when you first went to look at it? Or is it that the energy feels OK but it's just the strange events happening that are creepy?

Old 02-06-2012, 04:19 PM

221 posts, read 525,496 times
I have spoken to the previous tenant just now.

She said that they (she lived there with her husband) tried to ignore the strange events. Just like me, it started the same way. Dishes, cups, etc breaking, faucets turning on and off, etc.

However, the more they ignored what was happening, the more intense things would become. She didn't really say more.

Thus, the only way I can stay here is to confront this thing head on via a psychic medium.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:20 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,515,853 times
If you move out, tell me where your apartment is because I can definitely deal with a little haunting action for $1,000 off rent in the West Village!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City