Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 09:37 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchesterUnited View Post
Are you people serious? Psychics? Priests? Ghosts are not real! Samantha Brown and all the ilk like her are full of crap. Please, look into cold reading and other techniques used by people like this. This is crazy.
Of course most of us aren't serious; just the OP. (But you have to be willing to play the Indulgence Game around here!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 10:42 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,850,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
I have found out that 2 deaths have occured in my particular building.

1) A husband strangled his wife

2) A baby died in his sleep. Cause of death: Unknown

The building wasn't divided into apartments at the time, however.

You do realize that you live in NYC and the chances of you living in a building where NO ONE has ever died are virtually nill?

I notice you admit that the building wasn't divided into apartments at the times these (very few) deaths occured. Why is that the ghosts are haunting you when they could have chosen any apartment in the building? Do you feel "chosen"? Singled out for some greater purpose in life!!!??? I have found most people that are overly religious or superstitious often think that the universe/god have singled them out for some greater purpose. It's acutally sort of arrogant.

Either way, Surely you aren't scared of a baby ghost? What can it do? Coo and stare at the ceiling? Laugh out loud if you walk into your closet and go "peek a boo"?

I would imagine that EVERY building in NYC has had at LEAST one person die in it, at some point in it's history. Especially if you are willing to stretch back 80, 90, 200 years, etc etc.

Don't you think it's a little ....egomanical to think that the happenstance occurences in your apartment are not mundane little things but PROOF that your apartment, and by extension you, are SPECIAL?

Moderator cut: Please do not insult other members.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 02-09-2012 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Please do not insult other members

Old 02-09-2012, 11:15 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Please don't try this. You don't know what you're confronting. You need God's help.
This is true and would be reason you would need Dr. Cloves' book, because as he said, "We have a saying in the occult. What you don't know can hurt you a whole lot."

Man, tough crowd. No Odd Couple fans?

Old 02-09-2012, 11:31 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
What to do if your apartment is haunted?

Withhold your rent until your landlord rids you of spooks.
In some states it is illegal to sell a house without divulging that it is haunted. I don't know what the law is for rentals, but the landlord is being very cooperative.

I don't like it that the incidents escalate, though.

There are a few Spiritualist Churches in NYC. Here's one of them:

Spiritualist Church of New York City, 114 East 35th Street, 212-675-2140

and there is a
Theosophical Society, 240 East 53 Street, between 2 & 3 Avenue, 212-758-5521 .

I would think each might be a good source for someone who could help you. On the off chance that they cannot, they could probably refer you to a priest or someone else. I would go to the churches first. There are people who do not like to draw attention to themselves, I believe, who are excellent. Not everyone likes the limelight.

Last edited by goldengrain; 02-09-2012 at 12:16 PM..

Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
There are a few Spiritualist Churches in NYC, and there is a Theosophical Society. I would think both would be good sources for someone who could help you.
Only God can help you and neither of those organizations worship the one true God. Stay away from the occult. That will only make matters much worse.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
The being that can command a spirit to depart is God. Pray for God's help in removing the spirit. Pray for God's protection from malevolent spirits. Some "ghosts" are just mischievous, turning on lights, flushing the toilet, etc., but there are dangerous spirits. A psychic or "ghostbuster" is no help. You need God's help. You are not a Christian are you? I ask this because before my wife and I became Christians, we experienced paranormal phenomenon on several occasions. After we were saved it all ended completely.
Almost every religion that I have heard of has a tradition somewhere of believing in and handling this stuff. The reason we hear so much about Christianity here is because it's the predominant religion.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Only God can help you and neither of those organizations worship the one true God. Stay away from the occult. That will only make matters much worse.
Oh, please. Get off your high horse.

No every spirit is evil. Some are just Aunt Tillie saying goodbye. That does not sound like this case, however. It is good to have faith, but there is not a one faith to suit all. Please be respectful of the opinions and beliefs of others and don't try to push your faith on others.

Christians sometimes think every thread is a Christian thread. You've had your say, now stop running about trying to scare people as a recruiting tactic. Please.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:18 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
"Only God can help you and neither of those organizations worship the one true God"

Is that the blue one?

Old 02-09-2012, 02:55 PM

58 posts, read 131,954 times
Quote:
Please don't try this. You don't know what you're confronting. You need God's help.

Maybe you need Gods help. There is nothing wrong with using a psychic medium.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:52 PM

170 posts, read 193,996 times
Lightbulb sage

as i said earlier, sage your apartment, get some holy water and sprinkle around and call a paranormal group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City