Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:19 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,062,805 times

Advertisements

I don't think babbyccinos is a Midwestern phenomenon, its basically a byproduct of generic yuppies culture found throughout American cities that are constantly loosing its original style and flare, examples Brooklyn, Dc Boston Austin and others. Many midwesterns move to nyc and leave behind their values but do bring along some cultural aspects like accent and flip flops. I don't think a midwestner back west wont give their babyva latte, they would probably give a can of orange soda, a Bible, or a pistol before ever giving their baby a cup of Joe with cream on top. Why don't we move south, wesst coast and Midwest and open up kosher delicatessen , luncheonera boricua style, Italian piazza parlors, fried chicken spots, halal food carts aswell as our liberal Tammany welfare anti gun politics and lets see these generic Americans appreciate us new yorkers.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 03-01-2012 at 08:39 PM..

Old 03-01-2012, 08:38 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,220,643 times
The OP and his daughter out for some drinks with friends:

Old 03-01-2012, 08:52 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,257,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
And you are doing what exactly to make the area better? These hipsters are transforming neighborhoods that many wouldn't touch. They made how many places desirable? But a sugary drink is just unfathomable. You must be pissed at juice companies with their smug fruit marketing as well.
These aren't hipsters...

Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,257,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Look...you complainers have 2 choices to pick from. Either leave the area ghetto filled with thugs, drugs and crime or put up with the yuppies and their harmless "cutesy" words and lifestyle.

I'd pick yuppies over ghetto trash any day and so should you. Yuppies increase the quality of life of a neighborhood, thugs, ghetto people in general DECREASE the quality of life of a neighborhood. The idea is to BETTER NY not to GHETTOFY it.
Straw man...

Old 03-01-2012, 09:00 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,519,713 times
Quote:
Look...you complainers have 2 choices to pick from. Either leave the area ghetto filled with thugs, drugs and crime or put up with the yuppies and their harmless "cutesy" words and lifestyle.
Yep, literally the only two choices you have

Old 03-01-2012, 09:31 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,551,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Why don't we move south, wesst coast and Midwest and open up kosher delicatessen , luncheonera boricua style, Italian piazza parlors, fried chicken spots, halal food carts aswell as our liberal Tammany welfare anti gun politics and lets see these generic Americans appreciate us new yorkers.
They would find their lives enhanced by better food. At least mine would be.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:33 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,922,710 times
Gangs, Thugs, and lowlife criminals are whats really ruining this city, not yuppies. Go move to Detroit if that is all you wanna live around.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:42 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,062,805 times
Quote:
Nothing wrong with having conservative wholesome values. Beats the crappy NY status quo of anything goes Liberal values...oh wait liberals don't have values, just a lifestyle. Ha
I know many transplants and majority of them come from conservative enviornments, however according to these transplants life back home is backwards aswell as the people who are ghetto rednecks who love church, guns, drive a tractor trailers to buy stuff at walmart etc. I know a few who declared they would never go back south or midwest to live. I met one chick from florida she moved to nyc and ended being on welfare. Yep transplanta love liberal progressive values. Remember hilltop they occupied wall street.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:18 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,812,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
The OP and his daughter out for some drinks with friends:

Words cannot express how awesome that post was... If the majority of the people actually realized how poorly sarcastic the OPs posts are, this post of yours would be in running for post of the day... you sir already have my vote...

Because city-data has warned me about my Dolan/Thomas obsession with your posts, I am banned from liking your comments... With that said

Old 03-02-2012, 12:04 AM

877 posts, read 2,014,012 times
"macchiato-like beverage featuring a shot of decaf espresso topped with steamed milk and froth"

so hipster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City