Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2012, 10:27 PM

3 posts, read 5,638 times

Advertisements

HELLO OUT THERE,
I have recently been approved for housing from NYCHA and have a few options in either Manhattan or Brooklyn. My options of housing developments (projects) are:
Brooklyn:
Albany
Armstrong
Brownsville
Cypress Hills
Howard
Kingsborough
Langston Hughes
Pink
Unity Plaza
Van Dyke

Manhattan:
East River
Grant
Jackie Robinson
Jefferson
King Towers
Polo Ground Towers
Rangel
Saint Nicholas
Taft

I am a single mother with no family. I'm looking for the safest, cleanest choice from these options above. Is there anybody who can help me with some detailed info. about which complexes are good and which ones aren't?
I'v heard that these options are pretty limited to bad neighborhoods. Your input and knowledge will be greatly appreciated and applied to my decision. Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 03:10 AM

943 posts, read 1,844,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNBFox View Post
HELLO OUT THERE,
I have recently been approved for housing from NYCHA and have a few options in either Manhattan or Brooklyn. My options of housing developments (projects) are:
Brooklyn:
Albany
Armstrong
Brownsville
Cypress Hills
Howard
Kingsborough
Langston Hughes
Pink
Unity Plaza
Van Dyke

Manhattan:
East River
Grant
Jackie Robinson
Jefferson
King Towers
Polo Ground Towers
Rangel
Saint Nicholas
Taft

I am a single mother with no family. I'm looking for the safest, cleanest choice from these options above. Is there anybody who can help me with some detailed info. about which complexes are good and which ones aren't?
I'v heard that these options are pretty limited to bad neighborhoods. Your input and knowledge will be greatly appreciated and applied to my decision. Thank you in advance!

I am confused......... You say your a single mother with no family If your a mother isn't your child / children a part of your family

you gave us names of places you qualify but no location with the exception of boro so we really have no idea where these places are do we??? IF you give us addresses of these locations maybe we can give you a better idea of what the area's are like.

The first one on your Manhattan list is East River, would that be uptown, downtown, midtown ? Location Location Location..... I suggest you visit these locations and see if you like the area and feel a fit for you and your family member aka child. Visit both day and night weekday and weekends. Talk to the police departments and ask them what the crime stats are in these buildings and also speak to local shop workers and owners.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:45 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,126,600 times
The East River Houses are in East Harlem.

People have come here before giving a list of complexes and people automatically know where they are and some can give insight on how bad it is. For instance, the Van Dyke Houses are in Brownsville and are considered dangerous. The Polo Grounds Houses are in northern Harlem and (I think) are also considered dangerous. The Albany Houses are in Crown Heights, the Cypress Hills Houses are in East NY, the Brownsville Houses are in Brownsville, the Pink Houses are in East NY, etc.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:50 AM

34,040 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNBFox View Post
HELLO OUT THERE,
Brooklyn:
Albany
Armstrong
Brownsville
Cypress Hills
Howard
Kingsborough
Langston Hughes
Pink
Unity Plaza
Van Dyke

Manhattan:
East River
Grant
Jackie Robinson
Jefferson
King Towers
Polo Ground Towers
Rangel
Saint Nicholas
Taft

Out of that whole list Grant is the only good choice. I've been in 2 buildings in Grant plenty of times and both buildings were clean. Never saw any roaches in the apartments I've been in, but then again those people kept their apartments really clean. I don't know anything about Jackie Robinson Houses but they are in a good location for mass transit.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-12-2012, 05:01 PM

4 posts, read 14,945 times
Hello,

does anyone know anything about williamsburg houses, wyckoff gardens (including 574 warren st & atlantic terminal)???? Or which is the "better" choice out of the options??? I currently live in nycha brownsville and i want to transfer to a better neighborhood. Thanks

Old 08-26-2012, 04:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,514 times
Default Government Grants For Single Mothers

You are able to skip purchasing the child care aid by looking for the federal government support, which will purchase the service. Such ads tend to be provided to either working or perhaps educating mothers, having kids below 13 years of age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: