Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 06:51 PM

943 posts, read 1,849,459 times

Advertisements

[quote=likeminas;24994115]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post

I find this very unlikely.
I have yet to see a legitimate (non-scam) ad in Astoria for under 1,000.
I think the OP might have a better chance in Elmhurst, Woodside or Jackson heights.

But his best bets are in Brooklyn since he'll be working in downtown.

Bay ridge, Sunset park, Dyker heights and Bensonhurst might be still doable.

pardon me you changed my post number 38 I NEVER EVER POSTED THIS dont do that that !!!

Originally Posted by =Lavender=

ANYWAYS, you could probably snag a studio in Astoria for 950

i never suggested astoria nor did i say you can get a flat for 950 let get that straight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 07:15 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,813,813 times
Yes you can make it but if you have a car get rid of it.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:16 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,916,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post

pardon me you changed my post number 38 I NEVER EVER POSTED THIS dont do that that !!!

Originally Posted by =Lavender=

ANYWAYS, you could probably snag a studio in Astoria for 950

i never suggested astoria nor did i say you can get a flat for 950 let get that straight!
take it easy there.
I was quoting skilldeadly, I didn't mean to quote you.

gee bro, you are gonna get an ulcer if you get all worked up about these type of things.

edit: there seems to be a problem with quoting others, I see you misquoted me too.
It originally happened with this very post, which I later fixed.
So there you have it. That's why I misquoted you in the first place.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
take it easy there.
I was quoting skilldeadly, I didn't mean to quote you.

gee bro, you are gonna get an ulcer if you get all worked up about these type of things.

I am not going to take it EASY.......... you made up a post and qutoed it that i never ever posted. and i am not a bro. i dont want to dreail this conversation bcuz there is a lot of info that is awesome for the orig poster but dont you EVER EVER make up a fake post and make it look like some one said that when they didn/t CASE CLOSED!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I am not going to take it EASY.......... you made up a post and qutoed it that i never ever posted. and i am not a bro. i dont want to dreail this conversation bcuz there is a lot of info that is awesome for the orig poster but dont you EVER EVER make up a fake post and make it look like some one said that when they didn/t CASE CLOSED!
you aren't the sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer are you? Apparently there's a glitch on CD when quoting others. want proof? check your post above where you mistakenly quote skilldeadly instead of me.

I'm sure he won't come here making a big fuss out of that, or harass you writing private messages about it.

take a chill pill, you need it.

edit:

before you correct the post

Old 07-02-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
you aren't the sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer are you? Apparently there's a glitch on CD when quoting others. want proof? check your post above where you mistakenly quote skilldeadly instead of me.

I'm sure he won't come here making a big fuss out of that, or harass you writing private messages about it.

take a chill pill, you need it.

edit:

before you correct the post

If there was a glitch i was not aware . an did not notice ...... my apologies but there have been cases where people have done this an it was not a glitch as you have pointed out an proved.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
If there was a glitch i was not aware . an did not notice ...... my apologies but there have been cases where people have done this an it was not a glitch as you have pointed out an proved.
After all the nasty ALL CAPS private messages you sent me, over this ridiculously minor thing, a public apology seems appropriate. It has been accepted, and I publicly say that I never had or will have an interest in quoting or misquoting you.

This is a my last post over this silly issue, and hopefully the OP will excuse me for flying off on a tangent but I had to prove to a drama queen, that it wasn't intentional.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:30 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,253,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan1251 View Post
I'm from Oklahoma ... $39,000 first year salary ... near the southern tip of Manhattan
Can you network alumni? Examples:
OSU Alumni Association - NY - New York City Chapter
https://www.facebook.com/NYCSooners
Perhaps someone lives near your proposed worksite, or knows someone who does.
Try to live within walking distance of your work. (That could be 2 miles! Downtown NYC is a great walking city.)
Houston St. is 2 miles from South Ferry & from 42nd Street!
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-...d=0CKEBEPwSMAc
The roommate idea seems best. Also, the part-time second job, to keep you busy, earn extra cash & introduce you to more people & situations. Some advice: live within your means. Spend only what you earn. Don't run up credit card bills or develop expensive tastes.

Last edited by bigjake54; 07-02-2012 at 10:53 PM..

Old 07-05-2012, 08:00 AM

1,155 posts, read 2,147,948 times
Woah what happened with this thread haha. Even if it was a misquote, it wasn't the worst thing in the world. It's not like it said something racist or crazy.

And yes it's hard to find 950 studio's, but it IS possible. I have a friend who got a studio in Astoria for 900. It's a process of checking everyday and networking. They ARE out there.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:09 AM

95 posts, read 260,020 times
It is possible, you will be living in the outer boroughs and traveling to work. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City