Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 05:34 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,238,927 times

Advertisements

Well Hispanic is not a race but if you wanna forget that for a moment yeah Hispanic and White or Hispanic and Black are high up there as most common type of interracial relationship. I would say the most common is probably Asian female, White Male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I don't know the hard statistics on this, but I think this is fairly accurate from what I see on the streets, subway, restaurants, etc.

The Asian female - White male thing has been going on for quite some time now.

an acquaintance told me once that (and I don't mean to offend anyone) that Asian females are more submissive than White females and are almost always willing to please their men.
He also said that the trend started with male jews and not your WASP type of male.
This is, of course, very un-scientific, but the observations seem quite interesting.
Well it takes two to tango. A lot of Asian women are really attracted to White men for whatever cultural reason...

Old 08-09-2012, 05:46 PM

681 posts, read 1,671,510 times
In my opinion, a lot of Asian women don't like Asian men for cultural/personality reasons. I want to avoid generalizing, but from my personal experiences and observations, they feel white men will take care of them better. Asian men just sit around all day waiting for the women to serve him.

I also have heard that some Asian women marry white men to move up the social and economic ladder....in a sense its like "wow, you have a white husband? well, then you have it made, you're probably well taken care of financially, and your mixed kids are so cute"

The least common couples are where an Asian guy gets a white girl. Although this arrangement is rare but I have started seeing them more and more. Within Asian society, if an Asian guy gets a white girl, its like he's won the lottery or something...

Another rare combination is Asian male - Hispanic female......but I have seen them around for sure on occasion.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:49 PM

In college out in LI I knew of a few Asian Male, White female couples, but yeah I don't see it too much in NYC.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:37 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,038,635 times
From my observation is this. The local interracial scene amongst native New Yorkers is like this black male Hispanic female, Hispanic male white female, Hispanic female white male. When going to different parts of the city that are culturally and academically different as well as difference in income level interracial dating goes by this, white male Asian female, black male white female, as of recently I have seen a huge spike in white males with black females in areas such as gentrified parts of Brooklyn, Harlem, Union Square and East Village.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:39 PM

555 posts, read 1,183,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I don't know the hard statistics on this, but I think this is fairly accurate from what I see on the streets, subway, restaurants, etc.

The Asian female - White male thing has been going on for quite some time now.

an acquaintance told me once that (and I don't mean to offend anyone) that Asian females are more submissive than White females and are almost always willing to please their men.
He also said that the trend started with male jews and not your WASP type of male.
This is, of course, very un-scientific, but the observations seem quite interesting.
I have heard the same thing. I wonder how true

Old 08-09-2012, 06:42 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,038,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chad View Post
In my opinion, a lot of Asian women don't like Asian men for cultural/personality reasons. I want to avoid generalizing, but from my personal experiences and observations, they feel white men will take care of them better. Asian men just sit around all day waiting for the women to serve him.

I also have heard that some Asian women marry white men to move up the social and economic ladder....in a sense its like "wow, you have a white husband? well, then you have it made, you're probably well taken care of financially, and your mixed kids are so cute"

The least common couples are where an Asian guy gets a white girl. Although this arrangement is rare but I have started seeing them more and more. Within Asian society, if an Asian guy gets a white girl, its like he's won the lottery or something...

Another rare combination is Asian male - Hispanic female......but I have seen them around for sure on occasion.
Asian women traditionally go for Asian men however Asian American women will opt out of dating fellow Asians immigrants or born Americans and prefer white men only, this is based on my observation. An Asian American will most likely will have to settle with a woman from back home. I knew an Indian guy who had trouble having finding a girlfriend especiallyy since so many Indian females are with white men, his parents sent him to India to find a wife which Je found in no time. I also know a Chinese American guy who had s similar problem but he had to date off the boat Chinese.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:02 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,590,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chad View Post
but guess what, I saw 2 AM/LF couples in the last few months. yes, I know that's not a lot

anyway, wouldn't we all feel pretty foolish if - apart from the obvious couple holding hands - these women were just hanging out with a gay friend? the first AM/LF couple I saw mentioned above looked very fashionable with their clothes and style but not absurd/trendy as if they might possibly be employed in the fashion industry or some sort of edgy public relations firm. and pleae, no stereotypes about fashion industry people. my point is is that we can't say for sure unless it's super obvious with PDA etc. even that second couple I mentioned above wasnt a surefire guess but they were shopping together in the supermarket but whose to say

Last edited by grimace8; 08-09-2012 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: added the word surefire

Old 08-09-2012, 09:34 PM

681 posts, read 1,671,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Asian women traditionally go for Asian men however Asian American women will opt out of dating fellow Asians immigrants or born Americans and prefer white men only, this is based on my observation. An Asian American will most likely will have to settle with a woman from back home. I knew an Indian guy who had trouble having finding a girlfriend especiallyy since so many Indian females are with white men, his parents sent him to India to find a wife which Je found in no time. I also know a Chinese American guy who had s similar problem but he had to date off the boat Chinese.
Personally I find that women from overseas are more family oriented, sweet and down to earth than the women that were born and raised here. To expand even further, women who have come here from another country, who have been here long enough to become Americanized are already "corrupted" in my humble opinion.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:04 PM

110 posts, read 222,107 times
Because lots of asian women are smokin' hot; feminine and petite with that flawless skin and gorgeous hair! Mmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City