Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 04:58 PM

228 posts, read 338,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo107 View Post
Don't listen to this guy, if he really is who he claims he is on this job, which I have doubts about, listening to **** like this will only get you fired. Not worth losing a great job to have a drink at the bar with a douche like this guy
At which point did I mention my position in the department??? I speak the truth boys but u will all see when u get to your districts

Old 07-28-2013, 05:01 PM

you guys are coming on at a good time supervisor test should be out sometime next year...take the test and move up in the department the money is there to be made especially for guys with less then 5 years its def worth it.theres a whole lot more that goes on with this job then just picking up trash

Old 07-28-2013, 05:40 PM

90 posts, read 150,551 times
Default what

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo107 View Post
House of pain u don't got ur transfer in so these new jacks can take ur spot doin 2 loads? Transfers close Aug 5
If your doing 2 loads your a retard!!!

Old 07-28-2013, 05:43 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arok675 View Post
If your doing 2 loads your a retard!!!

all of bronx west does 2 loads

and anyone who claims they'll walk in and change that is full of sh*t

Old 07-28-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post

exactly

Old 07-28-2013, 06:14 PM

90 posts, read 150,551 times
Quote:

Why would anyone do two trucks, If you get paid the same to do one, sounds pretty dumb!!!

Old 07-28-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Why would anyone do two trucks, If you get paid the same to do one, sounds pretty dumb!!!
Good luck with that when you end up in the Bronx

Old 07-28-2013, 06:36 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,836 times
Quote:

I didn't say it was smart

the answer of course is that unlike a spot with 5 houses on a block that have 1 garbage can each, each block has a giant project building with a billion occupants and a mountain of garbage bags in front. 5 blocks fills the truck. There's very little driving. Back onto a pile, both get out, toss bags in, continue to next block. And as far as Bronx West, all dump are in the bronx and all are nearby. The garbage dump is like 4 blocks from BX1, 3,4 and maybe 5 minutes from BX2 and 5. And if you refuse to do it, you'll face trouble...and not from the supervisors....from the senior men

Granted it is not as horrible as it sounds. But I do not endorse it for other reasons and not the actual 2 loads part lol

Old 07-28-2013, 06:45 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,316 times
Quote:
AMEN...there is a lot I can say about this but I will try to be nice. There are still some real garages left in the city but Bx west is finished, the men in those districts bent over a long time ago. It's sad how guys who should know better just keep giving things away and get nothing back. F*** them.

It's like idiot supervisors like the one that posts here, they lose their sections and beg us to work like gentlemen, leave it out etc etc when 2 weeks before they are on our case to clean clean clean or the complaints start flying. No belt, bang. No tools, bang. It never stops, they will find anything to *********. But when it benefits them, we should stay out. Kiss my a**.

I stay out for me and my guys, not for you. If you dumbasses (not all) worked with us, this job would be BEAUTIFUL again. Whatever, im happy where I am, one of the last real districts left.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:45 PM

128 posts, read 268,737 times
Quote:
I didn't say it was smart

the answer of course is that unlike a spot with 5 houses on a block that have 1 garbage can each, each block has a giant project building with a billion occupants and a mountain of garbage bags in front. 5 blocks fills the truck. There's very little driving. Back onto a pile, both get out, toss bags in, continue to next block. And as far as Bronx West, all dump are in the bronx and all are nearby. The garbage dump is like 4 blocks from BX1, 3,4 and maybe 5 minutes from BX2 and 5. And if you refuse to do it, you'll face trouble...and not from the supervisors....from the senior men

Granted it is not as horrible as it sounds. But I do not endorse it for other reasons and not the actual 2 loads part lol
Absolutely agree. Do I like doing 2 loads? No, however with about 2 years on the job where else can I go and be pretty much steady days? I'm pretty positive it's easy to say that what we do in the bx is stupid if you have 5 or more years on the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City