Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2013, 06:13 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,068,233 times

Advertisements

I love reading this thread and Im way too old to be a sanman. Its a refreshing alternative to the usual NYC CD postings where most spend their time trying to hustle help to get City assistance or complaining that McDonald's workers dont make $15/hour.

At least on this thread I see people trying to get a good job and willing to work once they get it. Good Luck to you all.

Son, Son-in-law, and nephew of many long gone sanmen.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:03 AM

22 posts, read 33,907 times
I guess the most anticipated questions to be answered in two weeks for those who are anxiously waiting would be.. up to what list # was the last appointed & since it seems that there were only 3 weeks of Pre Or, how many CDL classes are they giving? 3? Hmm.. can't wait to hear what it is.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:59 AM

223 posts, read 307,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBanker View Post
Did anybody get the e-mail yet? I'm going nuts checking my inbox.
Don't worry it's the city... You have the hard copy it won't delay you being processed..

The email is ESS employee self service.. Once you start you can log in and see your pay stubs tax information it's like a self service HR.. The email is your registration to this service. It's just easier for them to have you do it then them having to enter it to set you up.

Last edited by 6063tam193X; 08-02-2013 at 02:04 AM.. Reason: ..

Old 08-02-2013, 02:03 AM

223 posts, read 307,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
I love reading this thread and Im way too old to be a sanman. Its a refreshing alternative to the usual NYC CD postings where most spend their time trying to hustle help to get City assistance or complaining that McDonald's workers dont make $15/hour.

At least on this thread I see people trying to get a good job and willing to work once they get it. Good Luck to you all.

We truly thank you for the kind words and support.. Overall this is a positive forum.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:11 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post

Thank you my friend. The waiting game is torture for people on a list like this. But in the end it's worth it. Soon they will know what hard work is, most of the public has no idea what life is like for a Sanman. They think a lot of things, but until you do it you have no clue. The bouncing shifts, the rain, the cold, the 100° days. 30+ days straight of 12 hour shifts during and after blizzards. Hurricane Sandy cleanup was monumental but we did it. Im proud of everything we do and it feels nice when we hear appreciation from the public. Without you we wouldn't have work, so believe me it's mutual and we thank you as well.

Say hello, good morning to your garbage men, say thank you. We love hearing it. The toughest job but the best job in the best city. NY's Strongest, there is nothing better to be a part of....

Old 08-02-2013, 06:23 AM

316 posts, read 489,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6063tam193X View Post
Don't worry it's the city... You have the hard copy it won't delay you being processed..

The email is ESS employee self service.. Once you start you can log in and see your pay stubs tax information it's like a self service HR.. The email is your registration to this service. It's just easier for them to have you do it then them having to enter it to set you up.
Got it I can stop stressing now, thanks.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:43 AM

308 posts, read 517,882 times
The wait for this call is pure torture

Old 08-02-2013, 07:22 AM

45 posts, read 71,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerojet View Post
Hey...is fingerprinting day also final processing day?
yes you're just signing a lot a paper work, keep all the paperwork that they give you, I recommend that you get a nice storage box and save everything that has to do with this job Everything! do not think about throwing anything out because it all could be used a proof of some sort if you ever have a dispute etc..

Before they let you leave they tell you to report to FBF on first day of class and you will have a ticket to enter the class. DO NOT BE LATE... ever!

Old 08-02-2013, 07:49 AM

228 posts, read 338,592 times
90%of the the job is getting to work on time... Being late or AWOL is a sure fire complaint that will stick so don't do it on probation I hate giving out rockets but those are a must

Old 08-02-2013, 08:03 AM

308 posts, read 517,882 times
Just got the call. Fp Aug 7. List 286*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City