Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,295,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
does your cousin have absolutely no shape,
a fat neck and a box head and walk with a
limp or something?
This cracks me up just imagining it ... LOL!

Old 12-13-2012, 03:50 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
NYC is one of the best cities for this. Blacks & Latinos have more unity in this city since the Latinos in NY are majority Puerto Rican, followed by Dominican, and then the rest of the Latin ethnicities including Mexican. Puerto Ricans and Blacks in NY live n the same neighborhoods and any PR dude will tell you that they have some black in them due to their heritage (VERY different from what a Mexican dude in California would say for example).

Cant compare NY with LA. PRicans and Dominicans are part of a Euro Afro cultural continuum which (in a different way) AAs and West Indian blacks also are. So they share something. Look at how reggaeton (originally based on dancehall) has taken over PR and is very popular in DR and Cuba.

Mexicans/Guatemalans, nothing in common with non Hispanic blacks.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:56 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nykiddo718718 View Post
The evidence is clear as day. Just watch Telemundo or Univision. Miss Universes from Spanish speaking countries? Latino men generally prefer those types of women. It's even obvious according to marriage patters in the USA.

Using that as criteria Dominican females must be very unpopular because few of them meet that telemundo image.

Oh yes Dominicans might pretend otherwise but go look at the Travel Channel program with Bourdain and come back and tell me what your average Dominican in Sto Domingo looks like.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:49 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
Quote:
lol can u handle all that?

she might drown u, ya know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Actually, this is more my type:
Quote:
smh you're a numbchukka?

Legit lol'd

Old 12-13-2012, 05:02 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,043,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Using that as criteria Dominican females must be very unpopular because few of them meet that telemundo image.

Oh yes Dominicans might pretend otherwise but go look at the Travel Channel program with Bourdain and come back and tell me what your average Dominican in Sto Domingo looks like.
Hey Mr. Afrocentrist. Tell me more about my country. :-)

First, you do know that there are 2,000,000 Haitians in the DR right? That's 20% of the population you see look like this:

Now, those Haitians have been coming for centuries. So what happens? They produce off spring. Usually with another Haitian, and sometimes with a Dominican. So we get people who speak DR spanish, born and raised in DR, like this:

or

Haitian descendants make up millions and millions of Dominicans. So now we have a mayority or plurality of really black looking people. Ok. To people like you, that represents Dominicans. Dominican diversity is in tune with the genetics of Haitians.

All the resorts, are full of those people. We had heavy west Indian and African American migration back in the 1800's too, so these people make up the mayority of the east and Samana peninsula.

Go to the north, where Haitian migration was is lower than in any other part of the country, and which have been home to original Dominicans for years, without any outside genetic input.

Oh and here is the capital city of Santo Domingo. Wow look at how black these people are.

http://youtu.be/vwy7-SC9SYU

Dude don't tell me about my country. The DR was 50,000 white, 25,000 mulatto, and 15,000 black slaves back during the colonial era. That is why we (true Dominicans) have black and white input. We are predominantly white. Get it through your head. I came out 63% european, 30% African, 7% Native and I look like the "true Dominican" with no artificial black migration involved. The average DR is 50% Euro-40% African-10% Native...mulatto. It doesn't help that the DR is an open oven 365 days a year so people are going to get a tan and appear blacker. Put most Dominicans in Iceland and they'd look like PR.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:09 PM

71 posts, read 152,729 times
didn't read the thread but Dominicans are black, but many of them won't admit or are ignorant of it

to the thread starter, you'll be fine

Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 PM

More DOMINICANS (and not Haitian descendants): from the pred black south:

Santo Domingo:

but of course focus on the mud-eating poor Haitians and Haitian descendants in the shanty towns. Thats who Dominicans really are.

Can you spot the Haitian? lol

Old 12-13-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarValBoi View Post
didn't read the thread but Dominicans are black, but many of them won't admit or are ignorant of it

to the thread starter, you'll be fine
You're black.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:17 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nykiddo718718 View Post
I don't disagree with you.

My point is, most Latinos DO NOT prefer Black Women as was stated in the past on this board. If you are a very attractive woman of any race/ethnicity/w.e. you should be able to hook up with most anyone but in general average Black women typically have a disadvantage when compared to other types of women going for Latino men. Just stating a fact.
What's the disadvantage ?

Old 12-13-2012, 05:47 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,295,819 times
Quote:
I came out 63% european, 30% African, 7% Native
SuperMario, did you have yourself DNA tested?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City