Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will be the next mayor of NYC?
Bill de Blasio 3 8.57%
Raymond Kelly 9 25.71%
John Liu 6 17.14%
Chistine Quinn 12 34.29%
Scott Stringer 0 0%
Marty Markowitz 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 10:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Wowzers bro, good to know!
Just want to make sure I counter your vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 12:47 AM

458 posts, read 616,527 times
Get a room

Old 12-16-2012, 01:24 AM

71 posts, read 79,780 times
I dont know why anyone would want Raymond Kelly for Mayor - The Police department is so corrupt and miss managed.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:52 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,981,222 times
Available, just remember that Urban knows more about our city than we do.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:28 AM

25,374 posts, read 37,097,722 times
Im amused...a gay man voting for a gay candate is called biased but a straight man voting for a STRAIGHT candidate is "common sense."
Jesus, how do people live with these kinds of disfunctional brains in their heads.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Im amused...a gay man voting for a gay candate is called biased but a straight man voting for a STRAIGHT candidate is "common sense."
Jesus, how do people live with these kinds of disfunctional brains in their heads.
I know, it might be one of the most stupid things I have heard on here, which is probably why a few of them don't like me, but i get a kick out of it nonetheless.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:21 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,810,855 times
Quote:
I didn't realize the candidates were filled with gay men and women... my apologies...

Old 12-16-2012, 10:35 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,908,662 times
Quote:
Voting on constants (things you have no control of) such as race, place of origin, height or sexual orientation is not smart.

I like to see more diversity in our politicians, and openly gay ones are a refreshing change. But sexual orientation alone, is not enough for me to get me on their camp.
Their records as politicians is the best way to gauge how they will be in the future. People who dislike the Bloomberg administration should not vote for Christine Quinn. She's been nothing but Bloomberg's obedient lap dog. She's not a principled politician, and that's why she should not be elected. It has nothing to do with her being gay, IMO.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Voting on constants (things you have no control of) such as race, place of origin, height or sexual orientation is not smart.

I like to see more diversity in our politicians, and openly gay ones are a refreshing change. But sexual orientation alone, is not enough for me to get me on their camp.
Their records as politicians is the best way to gauge how they will be in the future. People who dislike the Bloomberg administration should not vote for Christine Quinn. She's been nothing but Bloomberg's obedient lap dog. She's not a principled politician, and that's why she should not be elected. It has nothing to do with her being gay, IMO.
I have personally enjoyed Bloomberg's push for development throughout the city as well as the greenways along the waterfronts. I would like to see the city push for more things like this. I support anyone that is transit, bike, and pedestrian friendly as well as someone who wants to invest in education. Their sexual orientation doesn't really matter to me, but it is annoying to see people blame others for wanting to vote for someone simply because that person is gay or of a different race. No one makes an issue out of those candidates who are straight.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:43 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,908,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have personally enjoyed Bloomberg's push for development throughout the city as well as the greenways along the waterfronts. I would like to see the city push for more things like this. I support anyone that is transit, bike, and pedestrian friendly as well as someone who wants to invest in education. Their sexual orientation doesn't really matter to me, but it is annoying to see people blame others for wanting to vote for someone simply because that person is gay or of a different race. No one makes an issue out of those candidates who are straight.
I don't see how you could've enjoyed bloomberg without living here. odd.

As for the last part of your post, I already gave my view on it.
It's patently stupid to vote based on constants, and no one makes an issue out of straight candidates, because there's no issue to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City