Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 06:32 PM

943 posts, read 1,845,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc77 View Post
ok some berkley alumni..i found it

Tom Anderson, '96, cofounder and president of MySpace
Stephen D. Bechtel,** '23, longtime president of Bechtel, an engineering & construction firm
Walter A. Haas, '10, president of Levi Strauss & Co.
Donald G. Fisher, '51, founder of The Gap, Inc.
Edgar F. Kaiser, '30, founder of Kaiser Permanente health group
Thomas J. Long , '32, founder of Longs Drugs
Brian Maxwell, '75, Cal track coach and founder of PowerBar
Dean Witter, '09, cofounder of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter

oh wait...oops wrong berkley..hold on

hold on

......hmmmm

i will get back to it

omg omg omg.........way to funny ha ha ha

I did find one famous person......... and what a doosee she is. The low life broad from Real Housewives Of NJ who makes no sense when she speaks and makes up her own words.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teresa_Giudice

her odd vocabulary

http://therealoc2nyc2atl.blogspot.co...s-nemesis.html

http://jezebel.com/5852731/not-even-...e-from-herself

Last edited by =Lavender=; 07-06-2012 at 06:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 08:05 AM

2 posts, read 4,896 times
I work for Berkeley College, so I believe I have an accurate perception of the school. Berkeley is a business school who employs professors who are businessmen and women themselves working in the field for years before they begin to teach at Berkeley. The programs are built to teach you the FUNCTION of business not just the theory. The course are not that of a research based University. The course focus on the skills needed to become successful in your field of study.

YES! Berkeley is diverse offering a educational opportunity to over 750 International students and American students of many different cultures and races. I am personally offended by the accusations that Berkeley is a "ghetto" school. Our students are dedicated to their education, and I see no place for racial remarks. In the real world you will be expected to work with people from different upbringings then your own. It is all apart of being accepting of different races and cultures.

To the student who is considering Berkeley as an option. Please look at the program you are pursuing. Look at the courses offered, and the learning experience you will again from your current options. Your decision should be based on this, not what poeple are writing on this forum. Especially because everybody's experience is going to be different. I have countless success stories from Berkeley College.

If you are looking for more information regarding Berkeley College, visit some of our social sites to get in touch with current students.

Facebook: Berkeley College | Facebook
Twitter: @berkeleyCollege
Blogs: Social Media
Website: Berkeley College - Discover The Berkeley Advantage®

Old 07-11-2012, 10:21 AM

7 posts, read 12,837 times
Ok this is LIFE folks, there will ALWAYS be both NEGATIVE/POSITIVE remarks on anything. Berkeley suits ME PERFECTLY, it is round the corner from my job (midtown campus). I work 9-5 and start classes at 6pm. I am a FT mom, FT student and work FT so it fits my lifestyle perfectly. Not everyone may agree depending on the situation at hand, and the experience(s) they may have received! So far it's been great for me. You have to want to work and aim higher! I can say the level of education I am receiving is of great standard. I have had assignments and HW back to back, professors are knowledgeable and have been in the field for 20 plus years, well at least mine are. Class discussions are awesome! I have been out of school for almost 13 years, and made the sacrifice to get this done, and when I graduate I will transfer over to HUNTER on the UES, since they have a great health program. With that said, to each his own, and for my further knowledge and not going by "hear say", I took the initiative to contact HUNTER (CUNY) and specifically asked if they accepted Berkeley's students, and the response was "Of course yes!" so there you have it..do your research and see which school best suits you and your career path. Never go by hear say, seek YOUR OWN TRUTH!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llianneolivo29 View Post
I have the same problem, I want to know if I should go to Berkeley or the College of Staten Island CUNY or Monroe College?
I'm supposedly starting Berkeley College on monday july 1st. I'm confused and I don't want to make a mistake. I want to know If I should go to CUNY or Monroe College Instead.
Ok this is LIFE folks, there will ALWAYS be both NEGATIVE/POSITIVE remarks on anything. Berkeley suits ME PERFECTLY, it is round the corner from my job (midtown campus). I work 9-5 and start classes at 6pm. I am a FT mom, FT student and work FT so it fits my lifestyle perfectly. Not everyone may agree depending on the situation at hand, and the experience(s) they may have received! So far it's been great for me. You have to want to work and aim higher! I can say the level of education I am receiving is of great standard. I have had assignments and HW back to back, professors are knowledgeable and have been in the field for 20 plus years, well at least mine are. Class discussions are awesome! I have been out of school for almost 13 years, and made the sacrifice to get this done, and when I graduate I will transfer over to HUNTER on the UES, since they have a great health program. With that said, to each his own, and for my further knowledge and not going by "hear say", I took the initiative to contact HUNTER (CUNY) and specifically asked if they accepted Berkeley's students, and the response was "Of course yes!" so there you have it..do your research and see which school best suits you and your career path. Never go by hear say, seek YOUR OWN TRUTH!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:27 AM

gottah love the new posters who come here JUST to post about BC........lol

would love if they would answer my post asking what CEO's, politicians or other well known notable professionals graduated from their prestigious school.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
gottah love the new posters who come here JUST to post about BC........lol

would love if they would answer my post asking what CEO's, politicians or other well known notable professionals graduated from their prestigious school.
Well it's a thread and people will post their views about BC. Isn't the discussion about BC being a good/bad school? So what's your point of trying to bash people who posts their "opinion" on the school! I know where I'm going, BC isn't the dead end for me, like I said to each it's own!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanGem View Post
Well it's a thread and people will post their views about BC. Isn't the discussion about BC being a good/bad school? So what's your point of trying to bash people who posts their "opinion" on the school! I know where I'm going, BC isn't the dead end for me, like I said to each it's own!
can you list some notable people who graduated from BC I keep asking be nice to PROMOTE your school with notible people who graduated

Old 07-11-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
can you list some notable people who graduated from BC I keep asking be nice to PROMOTE your school with notible people who graduated
I don't care, as I've specified it is not the end of the road for me. It's my starting point, and after graduation I will attend HUNTER. Fact remains I did my research, called HUNTER (CUNY) visited the campus on the UES sat down with Admin personnel etc, and THEY DO ACCEPT BC students, that's all I needed to hear. I'm satisfied about my choices, and where my career path is headed. HUNTER IS A CUNY COLLEGE, very well known; so if they accept BC students, then I don't need to worry! Why is it so important to you to bash BC? I'd like to hear your views!

Old 07-11-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanGem View Post
I don't care, as I've specified it is not the end of the road for me. It's my starting point, and after graduation I will attend HUNTER. Fact remains I did my research, called HUNTER (CUNY) visited the campus on the UES sat down with Admin personnel etc, and THEY DO ACCEPT BC students, that's all I needed to hear. I'm satisfied about my choices, and where my career path is headed. HUNTER IS A CUNY COLLEGE, very well known; so if they accept BC students, then I don't need to worry! Why is it so important to you to bash BC? I'd like to hear your views!

You don't care......... i think its because there are no notable professionals that graduated from your beloved school.

When a school has a impressive alumni that speaks volumes........when it doesn't it spells out BEWARE!

I went to BC and it was a scam. I was to young at the time to know what i was getting into and naive. If i had better scholastic guidance with choosing schools I would have went to a reputable city or state college instead of a for profit sham.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
You don't care......... i think its because there are no notable professionals that graduated from your beloved school.

When a school has a impressive alumni that speaks volumes........when it doesn't it spells out BEWARE!

I went to BC and it was a scam. I was to young at the time to know what i was getting into and naive. If i had better scholastic guidance with choosing schools I would have went to a reputable city or state college instead of a for profit sham.
Oh Ok I get your argument now. Well as I've stated in my previous posts, it's just the tip of the iceberg, it's my stepping stone into college life, my other degrees will be from HUNTER, a reputable school here in NYC. BC is just my starting point not the end of my degree, to my career choice! So what happened after, did you get your degree etc, did u finish with a CUNY after?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City