Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 12:19 AM

1,529 posts, read 2,800,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I don't have the exact statistics with me right now but I did some number crunching on the south bronx precincts a few weeks back. In terms of crime per 100, 000 the 52nd precinct is only behind the 41st, 40th, 42nd and 48th in the Bronx. So it's been a busy year for them.

It surprises me a little because the 52nd precinct includes Norwood and Bedford park which I assume were not really that crime ridden.....due to their geography. So either those neighborhoods have really gone down, or there's just been a hell of alot of crime in University Heights and Fordham this year.
The whole 52 is going down hill and has been. Worst areas though are south of Bedford Park Blvd. The heavy drug spots east of the Grand Concourse and the gang activity around Saint James, also the small pocket south of Fordham Road along the Harlem River. Those are the worst areas in the precinct overall. It's more scattered north of Bedford Park Blvd but the whole precinct is going down hill as it has.

The usual precinct with the most total crime is the 43rd. The 44th, 46th, and 52nd are usually close.

That's raw totals. All the South Bronx precincts along with the 43, 52, and 47 all have high crime rates. 47 has been a shooting gallery this year especially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 12:25 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
Wow, times have changed... the 44 & the 46 were usually at the head of the pack.
The 46th precinct is still bad as it's comes after the 52nd in terms of crime in 2007.

The 44th and 46th were really shaky. Just look at some of the numbers.

Filthy Mess Message Board (http://www.filthymess.com/msgboard/default.asp?msg=4139&thread=4139&topic=1 - broken link)

Also according to this site:
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs052pct.pdf

The 52nd has seen (in relation to 2006- to date)

2007- to date

55.5% increase in rape
5.9% increase in fel. Assault
3.5% increase in burglary
9.0% increase in gr. larceny

there are some decreases but there slight.

In fact this is the total percent increase/decrease in crime from 2006 as compared to 2007 (to date in both cases)

40th: -0.35
41st: -1.76
42nd: -9.98
43rd: -5.05
44th: -4.76
45th: -4.87
46th: -7.17
47th: -2.18
48th: -2.21
49th: -5.98
50th: -7.63
52nd: +2.69

NYPD - Office of the Chief of Department

So as compared to last year all the Bronx precincts have seen a drop in crime in relation to 2006, except for the 52nd which has seen the only increase.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:30 AM

A lot of the decreases are fake.

A lot of reclassification, fudgeing, and vanshing reports.

Especially the robbery reports. A lot of those end up Grand Larc, larc, lost property, get thrown out or don't even get taken at all.

Gotta make GOONBURG look good. Gotta keep making the rich get richer, lots of real estate interest in this city, gotta keep the rates down no matter what.

Only crime that has seen decreases is murder although it pretty much bottomed out. Goes up and down year to year. Everything else is on the rise from what i've seen. Robberies and assualts especially.

46 and 44 are complete ****holes. Same goes for 40, 41, 42, and the 48. Bad and getting worse.

43, much of it now is a dump except the parkchester complex, huge population not too bad although they have to deal with the outside problems. Area is **** though. Worst of it is the west half of the precinct as it always has been. East half is a bit calmer. Less people overall. Still crappy though minus a few decent blocks.

South part of the 52 is a dump. North of Bedford Park is still going down hill. Hot areas up there now. DDP's and Trintarios a big problem in that precinct these days.

49 been getting worse. Along the west edge White Plains Road.

47 been jumping, bad and getting worse. Like the 43 west half is the worst, east side has a couple decent pockets but they are disappearing. Only exception is Woodlawn which is isolated from the rest of the precinct.

Last edited by Hustla718; 10-23-2007 at 12:39 AM..

Old 10-23-2007, 12:40 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times
Hustla I have another question in regards to the police.

The only policemen that can patrol the area are of the corresponding precinct?

Also I live where the 52nd precinct starts....but I am on the border of the 52nd/46th precinct.......so can a 46th precinct cop survey the area since they are literally down the block?

Old 10-23-2007, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Hustla I have another question in regards to the police.

The only policemen that can patrol the area are of the corresponding precinct?

Also I live where the 52nd precinct starts....but I am on the border of the 52nd/46th precinct.......so can a 46th precinct cop survey the area since they are literally down the block?
They can but they won't. Cops don't give a **** about another precinct, we deal with enough as it is where we work. We are known to drag bodies across precinct border lines.

I shouldn't even put a smile becuase that's the truth man.

Lets say your building is on the 52-46 border. Cross the street and your in the other precinct but your building is on the 52 side. You have a noise complaint. 46 car rolls by. You tell them, they will say call 311 and keep it moving.

Even more serious crimes. You got robbed, you walk a block over into the 46, happened in the 52. Flag down a car. They will ask you "did he flee", if you say yes they will not take your report I kid you not. They will say call 911. Haha.

Lazy. I am not going to say I don't do stuff like that but if someone gets robbed or something serious in the next precinct I will at least take the report. Noise complaint i'll tell them call 311. Usually a lot of jobs anyway.

We had a footpost the other day "HOUSING" tell a women who got mugged to walk to the precinct to take a report. 5 blocks away at night. lucky she didn't get robbed again. They were lazy. Could have taken the report and faxed it. Wasn't like the mugger was going to get caught he was long gone.

Then again, it makes no sense to take the report becuase it will have to get faxed to the other precicnt anyway to be investigated (that will take about a week).

That's the NYPD for you.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:35 AM

842 posts, read 4,309,547 times
^Bureaucracy at its best

Old 10-23-2007, 03:14 AM

1,526 posts, read 5,604,202 times
Do they drag them to their precinct or the other one?

Hey can I tell all my friends and family I'm in the baddest badass area in the city? Hustla, you burst my bubble by saying the stats are bs.

I think Aqueduct Ave /"park" could use a..um..rehab for starters, don't you? .

Old 04-27-2008, 04:55 PM

2 posts, read 8,912 times
the worst part of the city is the south bronx it always has been and always will be.....

Old 04-27-2008, 06:06 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,099,687 times
I have a similar question but about a different area, hope thats not too off topic. I walk down to the north side of the park a lot, 110 and lenox, and there is always a van or SUV or sometimes one of those vehicles you round people up and throw them in the back of, they are always there just watching. Sometimes it's more than one car, always multiple cops, or people that look like they are undercover or something. What are they doing? It's more than just your average 2 cops standing on the corner.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:27 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,099,687 times
I didn't notice the date on this thread, this is an old thread.

NYPD4me- I think you might be searching last years threads to respond to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City