Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 04:37 PM

912 posts, read 2,099,472 times

Advertisements

Mike Bloomberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 06:41 AM

241 posts, read 373,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
^I wish that were the case but 1/2 the born and raised ny-ers on this forum are freaking bitter is all h*ll about people coming to their city blah blah blah. I find it funny cause guess what your family at one point came to this city from somewhere else too and someone prob bitched about them arriving as well. Its the circle of ny.
Preach.

And it's pathetic.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:47 AM

22 posts, read 23,792 times
Transplants are usually those white people that are walking into those old tenements in these decrepit neighborhoods, thinking this is the coolest grittiest, rawist, trendiest place on Earth.

Meanwhile, these are the exact places that almost all Staten Islanders, Jerseyites, and Long Island people moved out of 30 years ago..

aka nightcrawler

Old 03-21-2013, 07:24 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
If you moved here from somewhere else you're a transplant, because that's what the word "transplant" means.

If people want to attach negative connotations to it, that's on them.
Agreed. Any American born and/or raised outside NYS is a transplant.

NY is so crowded with immigrants and people from other states that ultimately, nobody really cares about this nonsense. At least not moderately intelligent people.

I notice this is mainly a pride thing embraced by people whose greatest achievement in life will be that they were born in NY. In other words, petty people.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:58 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Agreed. Any American born and/or raised outside NYS is a transplant.

NY is so crowded with immigrants and people from other states that ultimately, nobody really cares about this nonsense. At least not moderately intelligent people.

I notice this is mainly a pride thing embraced by people whose greatest achievement in life will be that they were born in NY. In other words, petty people.
It's funny you say this when the only people who have continued to create these types of threads are transplants (actual definition - people who have moved to this city) and not natives trying to beat their chest about living in NYC... the insecurity of some people really is mind-boggling...

Old 03-21-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
It's funny you say this when the only people who have continued to create these types of threads are transplants (actual definition - people who have moved to this city) and not natives trying to beat their chest about living in NYC... the insecurity of some people really is mind-boggling...
They don't creat the threads, but they go on and on about it. If they didn't, they you wouldn't see people going at how silly it is.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
there are ny transplants in all the 50 states too.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:27 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,363 times
If the hat fits, wear it !

I dont care about who starts a thread. I just have fun reading -the same- little people bashing and whining over and over, like a broken record about these so-called transplants.

Anon1, nobody cares that you're a rican born and raised in some nyc hood. It's not that important.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:01 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times
Quote:
If the hat fits, wear it !

I dont care about who starts a thread. I just have fun reading -the same- little people bashing and whining over and over, like a broken record about these so-called transplants.

Anon1, nobody cares that you're a rican born and raised in some nyc hood. It's not that important.
Apparently you do since you continue to mention my name in numerous threads "waiting for the arrival of anon1" so he can bash hipsters" blah blah blah... Clearly I have gotten under your skin in some way I guess just for being a native and not being ashamed of it...

The problem with certain transplants (again not all but a number of them) is that they create these threads and isolate themselves from natives because they either dislike them or feel superior to them... As for people like me, we honestly could not care any less what anyone thinks of us but some of these transplants and especially those who create these threads need so much validity and self-assurance that they actually aren't the word they hate to be associated with that its nauseating... Be your freaking self... ignore the haters... don't isolate yourself and you won't have any problems... Unfortunately, as we can see from this thread, that is the exact opposite of what many transplants actually choose to do and its why certain natives take the stance that they take on these newcomers...

Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:

Seems to be the M.O. Of many of the "natives". Too bad some one didn't tell their parent or grandparent to GTFO. And if they did, they would be here defending said parent or grandparent's righ to be here. A bit hypocritical eh?

Unless you are NA, someone got here first, and really wish your type would GTFO. And the NYC school system is not an accomplishment, it is a travesty. I wonder if the whole grew up in NYC schools argument counts if you were born in NYC, but went to some prep school on the UES.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City