Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoamy View Post
this story is so weird to me. i agree with previous posters, i am betting drugs are somehow involved.
Somethings up!! She also left Istanbul and flew to Amsterdam and then Munich before returning to Istanbul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 09:21 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,999,373 times
NYTimes article talks an innocuous online friendship via photography with someone she stayed with in Amsterdam. Has more details than your typical media speculation about being a drug mule.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:31 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Somethings up!! She also left Istanbul and flew to Amsterdam and then Munich before returning to Istanbul
she apparantly had money to stay for 3 weeks (even though she didnt)and visit Amsterdam and Munich....yet the needed charity to get her body back to the states.

I am thinking she was coming back before the 3 weeks because she was either afraid of something, someone or her affair thingy wasnt going the way she wanted.......

but someone got to her before she got home.

The husband has to be a bit of a nit-wit though, his wife is a supposedely photographer, yet has no camera.

Like being a carpenter without a hammer.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:41 AM

393 posts, read 782,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
But, she didn't even have a camera. That is the real kicker!!

OMG.

Why do I see this as an up and coming lifetime movie of the week.

Ok, but didn't you think the husband didn't seem that distraught, or maybe it was just me.
what do you think?
Haha lifetime movie for sure! I would put money on it right now

Old 02-08-2013, 11:28 AM

somehow I dont think she is going to get much sympathy right about now.
something was simply not rite.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:45 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Ok, but didn't you think the husband didn't seem that distraught, or maybe it was just me.
what do you think?
I've read his comments, but I haven't seen him on TV yet. The facial expressions in the photos I've seen aren't enough for me to judge it. Quietly frankly, I don't think he had anything to do with her death, but he almost certainly knows the real reasons for her trip. Unless he's completely clueless to their finances, but even then...

Old 02-08-2013, 12:48 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
I don't see the affair being the main reason for her trip. That's an expensive affair considering she could get some easily at any bar here on Staten Island, especially considering she seemed to be content with actually doing it in the bar.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I've read his comments, but I haven't seen him on TV yet. The facial expressions in the photos I've seen aren't enough for me to judge it. Quietly frankly, I don't think he had anything to do with her death, but he almost certainly knows the real reasons for her trip. Unless he's completely clueless to their finances, but even then...
I seen him on one of the news channels. I wasn't convinced, but i too do not feel he had anything to do with her death.

agreed, I do believe that he knows the real reason for the trip, absolutely, and possibly so did the girlfriend.

she was overseas and "doing it" in the bathroom, well, obviously the husband knows this now, wonder how he feels.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I don't see the affair being the main reason for her trip. That's an expensive affair considering she could get some easily at any bar here on Staten Island, especially considering she seemed to be content with actually doing it in the bar.
yeah, i too thought the same thing, there has to be more to it.

maybe the turkey man was involved with her just enough to get her to do things, other than sex.....making fast money and that crap....

Old 02-08-2013, 02:27 PM

208 posts, read 544,972 times
Quote:

Sorry, Turkey would not have been my dream place to go. I am Greek, so trust me, Turkey isn't the place.
Why should anyone trust your opinion of Turkey when you clearly admitted that you are prejudiced because of your ethnic background?

Having lived both in Istanbul and New York, I can tell you that the former city is not only statistically safer, but also -feels- much safer. Istanbul, however, just like NYC, is a huge city (12+ million). Even if there had been nothing fishy in this story (and there are tons), no sane tourist would stay where she did. It would be like coming to see NYC and staying at a "hotel" in Morrisania...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City