Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 01:05 PM

48 posts, read 115,226 times

Advertisements

I live in Prospect park South right now. My landlord hid the truth because it turns out I live in Kensington actually! So much for trusting Landlords.. But in any case , my goal is to move to Williamsburg in about 2 months. Right now I don't live in the "best" area possible. It's not bad. But it's not where I want to be..

Where can I live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn that resembles a mood of Manhattan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 01:15 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,404,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2009 View Post
I live in Prospect park South right now. My landlord hid the truth because it turns out I live in Kensington actually! So much for trusting Landlords.. But in any case , my goal is to move to Williamsburg in about 2 months. Right now I don't live in the "best" area possible. It's not bad. But it's not where I want to be..

Where can I live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn that resembles a mood of Manhattan?
Which part of Manhattan? You are aware that Manhattan is huge and there are many different neighborhoods?

Williamsburg has its own niche that is different from the neighborhoods of Manhattan. Williamsburg is artsy/fartsy and plagued by hipsters. If I would compare it to any neighborhood I would compare it to the East Village. Williamsburg attracts a lot of beautiful women. Every time I chill out in Williamsburg I'm amazed by all the hot chicks. Just take the L train to Bedford and watch them get off. Jesus man, you will be in heaven. The hipsters attract the hot chicks.

Since you live in the same borough you should take a train ride there and check it out for yourself.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Which part of Manhattan? You are aware that Manhattan is huge and there are many different neighborhoods?

Williamsburg has its own niche that is different from the neighborhoods of Manhattan. Williamsburg is artsy/fartsy and plagued by hipsters. If I would compare it to any neighborhood I would compare it to the East Village. Williamsburg attracts a lot of beautiful women. Every time I chill out in Williamsburg I'm amazed by all the hot chicks. Just take the L train to Bedford and watch them get off. Jesus man, you will be in heaven. The hipsters attract the hot chicks.

Since you live in the same borough you should take a train ride there and check it out for yourself.
Exactly what I am talking about. I am sick of getting numbers from chicks where I live. Not that there is anything wrong with them. But I want to be around some Nice looking girls, People walking around with dogs. People with some class. I don't care what it looks like . As long as it has got some class. Some friends were telling me to move to Manhattan Avenue..Some were talking about Union avenue. I want to be as much educated as possible before move because it has cost me a lot of money and stress in the past for not doing so and I have lived in some "shady" places around the country and don't want to go back there anymore! I don't care about the Hipsters. I just want to be around some beautiful women. Would you recommend either of these ? Is there some place better than the 2 streets above? What's best for chick watching and stylish living?

Old 12-09-2012, 01:40 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post

That seems odd that hot women would be attracted to men they could throw across a room.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:24 PM

393 posts, read 783,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
That seems odd that hot women would be attracted to men they could throw across a room.
lol well if they are the perpetually depressed red-lipped gothic ladies they are attracted to that starving lumberjack look. Hot chicks in Williamsburg? Depends on your definition I guess. To me, they look homeless just like their men (but I'm a girl so I don't know). Hipster men attract hipster women. If that's your thing, you'll love it. You WILL need a beard though that's for sure, or you can forget about the numbers.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptnyc View Post
lol well if they are the perpetually depressed red-lipped gothic ladies they are attracted to that starving lumberjack look. Hot chicks in Williamsburg? Depends on your definition I guess. To me, they look homeless just like their men (but I'm a girl so I don't know). Hipster men attract hipster women. If that's your thing, you'll love it. You WILL need a beard though that's for sure, or you can forget about the numbers.
I am not a hipster by any means. Far from it. I don't have anything towards them, I don't have anything against them. But I know that hipsters are a bit safer than criminals and prostitutes which are rampant in certain parts of brooklyn. And no I am not going to grow a beard just to blend in ..haha

Old 12-09-2012, 02:42 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,404,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptnyc View Post
No I was talking about the normal chicks, not the weirdo's you described. I frequent Williamsburg a lot and I see the normal hotties and the hipster chicks. A lot of them are hot too. If I were single that would be the area I would want to live. Just go down Bedford Ave and hit up the Bars on a Friday night to see what I'm talking about.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:29 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,893 times
I think the hotness factor for girls in that area is already getting a bit f'n carried away in this thread. Yeah there are some very good looking women living there these days (btw there always were, just not yupsters). But for what the OP is talking about, to me a hell of a lot look sweaty/smelly. Give me a Marissa Tomei any day over some "progressive" chick "from" Williamsburg who looks like she hasn't showered in three days any day of the week.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:34 PM

haha, I hear you availableusername. You might be right. I think we have to be careful when looking because some of these chicks don't shower ( apparently )

Old 12-09-2012, 04:44 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,893 times
I didn't say they definitely don't shower. Just IMO, a lot of em look like they don't. Particularly in the summer. I feel sort of bad for some of those bike seats, that's all I'm sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City