Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 06:32 PM

466 posts, read 902,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Its not limited to NYC or to males only. It seems the current generation is having a lag in maturity due to the lack of face to face social interactions. Between staying home longer and social media they seem to be stuck in teenager mode.
Yep, THIS is the generation that is going to be the end of the world. Sexual assault was not a problem for the previous generations.

This generation is staying home longer because they are stuck in teenager mode, not because there are no jobs for them. Obviously.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:14 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
What is going on with policemen? While I in NYC, I often hear about policemen getting into difficulties sexually with women, now I am in Florida, and in less than two weeks, three policemen have been charged with sexual issues involving women arrested. What is going on?
This is nothing new. A couple of years ago NYPD cops raped out of town white women. We also live in an era of constant surveillance from govt, private and personal use, eventually cops will get caught by IAD or by the general public at large by using personal technology. Lets not forget its summertime outside so the weather can trigger sexual urges. Just the other day I saw a cop of East Asian extraction talking to some hot black chick, he asked the black chick for her number and she gave it. Also plenty of cops sleep around with local women in and around the vicinity of there respective precincts. The color pink and green corrupts the mind of men.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:17 PM

370 posts, read 247,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
I've had my share of police problems. But, I do not hate them.

With what they are paid to put their asses on the line risking their lives, it is not surprising that they get lots of bad apples. When taxpayers want to pony up some $, these troubles might ease.

Risking their lives...

It isn't even in the top 10 most dangerous jobs.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
Risking their lives...

How asinine. Is the top 10 the point beyond which jobs are no longer potentially life-threatening?

Ever been to the WTC memorial? Care to guess how many NYPD officers died while carrying out their duties?

It may not be a top 10 most dangerous job, but you are beyond retarded if you don't think the police risk their lives while carrying out their duties.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,987,904 times
Quote:
Risking their lives...

Try doing the job yourself and see how easy it is.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Try doing the job yourself and see how easy it is.

No..I prefer honest work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung
How asinine. Is the top 10 the point beyond which jobs are no longer potentially life-threatening?

Ever been to the WTC memorial? Care to guess how many NYPD officers died while carrying out their duties?

It may not be a top 10 most dangerous job, but you are beyond retarded if you don't think the police risk their lives while carrying out their duties.
Get over yourself...officer ...FARMERS have more dangerous jobs than cops. roofers..ironworkers...fishermen..all have more dangerous jobs.go look up the top 10 most dangerous jobs in america....and they don't even get to shoot fellow citizens.... or beat them up.

23 cops were supposedly killed in 9/11 attacks.

Around 125 cops are killed every year...and as you can see most of the deaths are due to accidents. National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund: Causes of Law Enforcement Deaths

On the other hand, cops shoot over 500 citizens every year, killing hundreds..MANY of them were unarmed...not to mention the ones they beat or tase to death...but you know..cops are always scared of citizens so they get to shoot first and ask questions later.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Preview

WASHINGTON—Forty-seven states and the District of Columbia reported 2,002 arrest-related deaths during the three years from 2003 through 2005, the Justice Department's Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) announced today. Homicides by state and local law enforcement officers were the leading cause of such deaths during this period (55 percent), followed by alcohol and drug intoxication incidents (13 percent) and suicides (12 percent). ....

Most persons who died while being arrested were men (96 percent) between the ages of 18 and 44 (77 percent). Approximately 44 percent were white; 32 percent, African American; 20 percent Hispanic and 4 percent of other or multiple races.....

From 2003 through 2005 FBI data show 380 law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty. The majority of these deaths were accidental (221),

Old 07-12-2013, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Get over yourself...officer
LMAO. I'm a clinical professional who works in a hospital. That's so cute, though.

Quote:
...FARMERS have more dangerous jobs than cops. roofers..ironworkers...fishermen..all have more dangerous jobs.go look up the top 10 most dangerous jobs in america....and they don't even get to shoot fellow citizens.... or beat them up.
You are missing the point. The fact that there are more dangerous jobs does not make being a police officer a safe job. It's still dangerous. Officers still die in the line of duty, therefore they risk their lives when they are on duty. Why is this difficult for you to accept and admit?

Everything else you posted is irrelevant to the point we're discussing. It doesn't matter what causes the deaths.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
LMAO. I'm a clinical professional who works in a hospital. That's so cute, though.

You are missing the point. The fact that there are more dangerous jobs does not make being a police officer a safe job. It's still dangerous. Officers still die in the line of duty, therefore they risk their lives when they are on duty. Why is this difficult for you to accept and admit?

Everything else you posted is irrelevant to the point we're discussing. It doesn't matter what causes the deaths.
No one said being a cop isn't dangerous...Getting out of bed is "dangerous"..My point is that being a cop isn't nearly as dangerous as people like to pretend.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:12 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
I tend to agree with Gunther Rall...while I am no cop hater, I do believe the "dangerous" job title is greatly overhyped. I live in a high crime district, as in one of the most notorious in the country (Mott Haven/Southern Bronx), and just living here means my chances of being a victim of a crime or murder/death are many many multiple times higher than simply being a cop, and yet nobody is paying me to live here, I don't get to carry a gun, I don't have an army of officers to help me whenever I call them, and I don't get to shoot first and ask questions later with a loudmouth union rep and their high priced lawyers to defend me.

It's alot of hype.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
No one said being a cop isn't dangerous...Getting out of bed is "dangerous"..My point is that being a cop isn't nearly as dangerous as people like to pretend.
You reacted with condescension when someone stated a fact, that the police risk their lives when carrying out their duties. Unlike a logger or miner, the police deal with dangerous, unpredictable, and sometimes armed criminals. It is patently a different kind of danger that they face.

Do you really not realize how extraordinarily stupid it is to point out the number of accidental deaths suffered by officers while on the job like it actually matters?

Take a step back and just think about these points you are arguing.

Again, it doesn't matter if being a police officer is as dangerous as logging, mining, deep water fishing, oil rigging, lion taming, sword swallowing, or bullfighting. It's still a job that carries the risk that you will die violently while attempting to enforce the law, or be run over by a texting teenager while helping an old lady change her tire on the side of the interstate, or be T-boned in an intersection while responding to a traffic accident. Police officers risk their lives to do their jobs, and their jobs are often unpredictable. Stick as many asterisks and footnotes after this as you want, it doesn't change the fact.

Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 07-12-2013 at 07:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City