Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 09:08 PM

27 posts, read 26,366 times

Advertisements

I hate to fantasize but I plan on being a doctor one day. New York has always been one of my favorite cities to be in. Now here is something about me. I was bred in the Southern part of the US, my favorite meal would probably be a medium rare steak with asparagus, and growing up most of my friends were either Black or White.

Ethnically though, I am Indian. Due to my light brown skin tone I would guess I am from somewhere in the northern part of India.

Due to being in a small city in the deep south, my dating options were constricted. I had the opportunity to date a pretty looking Persian girl, a few cute Latin girls, and an Asian-White mix. Yet, majority of the good looking White women down south stayed away from almost all foreign looking guys whether they were Indian, Hispanic, Arabic, or Asian.

Now if I go to NYC, will I experience similar constrictions?

Basically if I was to ask it to you more in a straightforward sense, I would ask, can Indian men who are attractive (or at least decent looking), successful, and have likable personalities date attractive White women in NYC? Have you personally known such cases?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 09:35 PM

420 posts, read 823,497 times
To put it simply: yes, you can date other races/ethnicities other than Indian in NYC and it will not be a problem.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheHellMan View Post
To put it simply: yes, you can date other races/ethnicities other than Indian in NYC and it will not be a problem.
Well, do Indian men have a bad reputation in the dating world of NYC?

Old 05-28-2013, 10:33 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,294,560 times
Would it be easier than in the Deep South? Yes, there’s no question about that.

On the other hand, you seem to fetishize “white women” as status symbol, which is not particularly attractive.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
Would it be easier than in the Deep South? Yes, there’s no question about that.

On the other hand, you seem to fetishize “white women” as status symbol, which is not particularly attractive.
not a status symbol, I just feel attracted to them

Old 05-29-2013, 04:45 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Canister View Post

Basically if I was to ask it to you more in a straightforward sense, I would ask, can Indian men who are attractive (or at least decent looking), successful, and have likable personalities date attractive White women in NYC? Have you personally known such cases?
It will be completely dependent on how much money you make.White women don't generally go for Indian men anywhere but in NYC ,if your income is a million or more a year,you can date almost anyone you want.Looks and personality won't really matter.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:52 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,475 times
If you finish medical school and get a residency in NYC you will be able to date all kinds of women. Chances are you will end up with another resident because you will be spending the majority of your time at the hospital. The MD trumps the color spectrum.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
It will be completely dependent on how much money you make.White women don't generally go for Indian men anywhere but in NYC ,if your income is a million or more a year,you can date almost anyone you want.Looks and personality won't really matter.
actually they do in some areas of the world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: