Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 08:04 AM

624 posts, read 988,080 times

Advertisements

I hear a lot of people say that W Mosholu Pkwy N, that is Gates and Knox place are bad areas. Why is that? Are there a lot of section 8 buildings over there? Proximity to Tracey Towers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 08:46 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,706,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmatthew5876 View Post
I hear a lot of people say that W Mosholu Pkwy N, that is Gates and Knox place are bad areas. Why is that? Are there a lot of section 8 buildings over there? Proximity to Tracey Towers?
Honestly, Those blocks weren't great 30 years ago. IMO has nothing to do with TT.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:18 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,380,005 times
Planning on signing a lease on Monday for a studio on E Moshulu Pkwy South.
My gf and I have been looking fora while but bang for the buck this was the best pick. $1150 for a large studio in a very well kept Co-op building. Same thing in Brooklyn would run $1250-$1300 easily for less square footage.

Old 05-02-2015, 01:06 AM

116 posts, read 221,838 times
If that's where I think that is,in between Decatur & Marion avenues than your going to find out quick why that rent is so cheap. @wawaweewa

Old 05-02-2015, 01:32 AM

579 posts, read 949,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBXTRUCHO View Post
If that's where I think that is,in between Decatur & Marion avenues than your going to find out quick why that rent is so cheap. @wawaweewa

Pay no attention to this troll. Welcome to the neighborhood wawaweewa! Did you see that article below in the Norwood news?

Ribbon Cutting for Bedford Manor : Norwood News

Old 05-02-2015, 02:38 AM

116 posts, read 221,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrang View Post
Pay no attention to this troll. Welcome to the neighborhood wawaweewa! Did you see that article below in the Norwood news?

Ribbon Cutting for Bedford Manor : Norwood News

Like I was saying @wawaweewa, Stay away from D-block and/or Marion avenues. Don't listen to PooHtang, that guy is going to endup getting you caught up in some problems in that area. For example, dude has to refer to the New York Times, to find out Bronx politics. LOL What a joke!

Old 05-02-2015, 03:23 AM

415 posts, read 518,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
No way. I didn't visit, I LIVED there through the 80's and most of the 90's. I will not hijack this thread from Pietrang, have the last word. Agree to disagree and keep it moving. I recently had a small reunion with my former classmates. it was great. A couple of attorneys, fireman, Chief on the NYPD, Dentist. Great memories and the Oval was great. I watched in my old building the actual copper get removed! That was about 93-95ish. When I define what a great area is I look to stores,restaurants, parks,bars, parking,noise, and just basic people doing right by each other. Bluedog, I go there now and it doesn't even come close to resembling what I grew up in. No offense to you but you NEVER lived there. Visiting is no where the same as living.
I wonder if we know eachother?

"Norwood" (we never called it that - I think people started in the early 90's) was one of the craziest neighborhoods in the city, full stop.

My family was one of the gentry class of the area. What a distinction! Lolzzzzz. Seriously, everybody knew us / my mom was a teach at PS 56 for 30 plus years. I was THE Daily News paperboy. Not "a" paperboy but the big banana.

We identified the area by parishes and certain streets - you know..."St. Brendan's", "Bainbridge", "Neri's", "Villa Ave", etc., etc.

By the time I was 18, I witnessed something like 7 murders. I don't mean I ushowed up 2 minutes after **** went down; I had a front row seat. Do you remember that poor kid who was stabbed in the heart for a dollar by some stupid Dominican EDP?? That was my friend and I was there. It was a huge story for the entire city Fear Moves Into a Quiet Neighborhood in the Bronx - NYTimes.com

I was a material witness for the state for a double murder on Park Side Place - one of the top junk dealers in the city blew his partners heads off with a shotgun @ 7:30am while I was delivering my papers. He pushed past me on the staircase as he escaped. He dropped the shotgun at the on the body of one his victims. The U.S. Marshals told my parents that he probably would have blasted me if he had a weapon. He yelled "don't look at me!!!!" Remember that story?? Did you figure out who I am yet? It was 3 blocks from the 52!

Old 05-02-2015, 03:25 AM

38 posts, read 84,635 times
1150 for a "large studio" your getting ripped off.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:37 AM

579 posts, read 949,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizenrich View Post
I wonder if we know eachother?

"Norwood" (we never called it that - I think people started in the early 90's) was one of the craziest neighborhoods in the city, full stop.

My family was one of the gentry class of the area. What a distinction! Lolzzzzz. Seriously, everybody knew us / my mom was a teach at PS 56 for 30 plus years. I was THE Daily News paperboy. Not "a" paperboy but the big banana.

We identified the area by parishes and certain streets - you know..."St. Brendan's", "Bainbridge", "Neri's", "Villa Ave", etc., etc.

By the time I was 18, I witnessed something like 7 murders. I don't mean I ushowed up 2 minutes after **** went down; I had a front row seat. Do you remember that poor kid who was stabbed in the heart for a dollar by some stupid Dominican EDP?? That was my friend and I was there. It was a huge story for the entire city Fear Moves Into a Quiet Neighborhood in the Bronx - NYTimes.com

I was a material witness for the state for a double murder on Park Side Place - one of the top junk dealers in the city blew his partners heads off with a shotgun @ 7:30am while I was delivering my papers. He pushed past me on the staircase as he escaped. He dropped the shotgun at the on the body of one his victims. The U.S. Marshals told my parents that he probably would have blasted me if he had a weapon. He yelled "don't look at me!!!!" Remember that story?? Did you figure out who I am yet? It was 3 blocks from the 52!
That was a long time ago. Crime is down. The neighborhood continues to improve.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:30 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,655,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Planning on signing a lease on Monday for a studio on E Moshulu Pkwy South.
My gf and I have been looking fora while but bang for the buck this was the best pick. $1150 for a large studio in a very well kept Co-op building. Same thing in Brooklyn would run $1250-$1300 easily for less square footage.
Great news, welcome to the neighborhood! I wouldn't pay attention to the fear mongering either. There are some problem buildings still, but it's quite tame in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City