Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 08:30 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,866,342 times

Advertisements

As long as you have stable income, it all becomes just a matter of packaging.

BTW, what kind of job will you have and what profile of a woman are you looking for? Living within Manhattan/NYC may not necessarily be the best approach depending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 08:51 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
No, you can't get a woman without a driver's license, for the simple reason that you can't get into most bars without one

Old 06-29-2013, 08:56 PM

7 posts, read 19,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post

BTW, what kind of job will you have and what profile of a woman are you looking for? Living within Manhattan/NYC may not necessarily be the best approach depending.
Possibly a job working at Walgreen's,or washing dishes in a restaurant.There is no particular profile of women I am looking for.I am willing to date women between the ages of 21-45 years old,any race.I am attracted to women with athletic builds,large women,curvy women,slim women,lots of different types.Why do you say living within Manhattan/NYC may not be the best approach?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:10 PM

Hmmm...might be tough. There have been many threads about this topic in this forum. Women in NYC have many choices (or they think they do). Why would they want to date a man who works in Walgreens or washes dishes instead of someone who has an office job working for a large company? I think not having a car is the least of the problem.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:15 PM

7 posts, read 19,015 times
Quote:
Why would they want to date a man who works in Walgreens or washes dishes instead of someone who has an office job working for a large company? I think not having a car is the least of the problem.
Clearly there are plenty of guys who live NYC that work at Walgreen's,grocery stores,hotels,restaurants and other such places.So none of those guys have women?

Old 06-29-2013, 11:22 PM

/\/\

Go search the other threads about this topic. It might be an eye opener. Some of those guys find women, but there are strings attached.

Of course there are self-identified women in these threads who will say that "It's the personality that matters" or "He needs to make me laugh" but reality suggests that financial expectations outweigh other qualities.

Old 06-30-2013, 12:30 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1222 View Post
Clearly there are plenty of guys who live NYC that work at Walgreen's,grocery stores,hotels,restaurants and other such places.So none of those guys have women?
You should do some research. NYC does have a diverse job fields and men work in different industries. Depending on the woman some might be attracted to you because of your good looks but not because of your job, but some might be attracted to your job because it holds promise and stability. Some guys who work in low wage jobs do have girlfriends but generally these guys may be attractive in the physical department.

Quote:
Hmmm...might be tough. There have been many threads about this topic in this forum. Women in NYC have many choices (or they think they do). Why would they want to date a man who works in Walgreens or washes dishes instead of someone who has an office job working for a large company? I think not having a car is the least of the problem.
I AGREE. The op she read similar threads about this type of topic. Women here do have plenty of choices and working at a convenience store might put off most women especially careerist types. If I was the op he should holler at typicsl NYC hoodrat women, huge supply of them in Bronx and Brooklyn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1222 View Post
Possibly a job working at Walgreen's,or washing dishes in a restaurant.There is no particular profile of women I am looking for.I am willing to date women between the ages of 21-45 years old,any race.I am attracted to women with athletic builds,large women,curvy women,slim women,lots of different types.Why do you say living within Manhattan/NYC may not be the best approach?
Im going to be real with you and for what its worth. Wether if they are born here or not, women here are very shallow and most wont admit because they know its true. If your going to do a job at wallgreens or some labor job that pays low I wish you goodluck trying to win a heart of a careerist yuppie chick from fly over country unless you have a side skill like art, acting or maybe playing a guitar. You can get woman with low wage menial jobs but the women that you will get are local women who dont care about how much money you make because they earn their own money, local women here primarily care about her mans looks which helps boost her status and ego amongst family and katty friends. Some women here in NYC dont even care if their man is a drug dealer, or even been to prison, or is a sex offender. Generally you will end up with women who already have mental issues, broke, welfare, and already a single mom ofvtwo kids, baby father drama, bbw, etc when you perform low wage jobs, but that's if your good looking. Also fwiw women here are very quick to trade up.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:12 AM

249 posts, read 424,874 times
Dan, if there is one place in the United States where a non-driver isn't made into a second-class citizen, it's New York City. I was born in NYC and am looking to move back, and I've never had a license. I got some good advice on neighborhoods in this thread here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...class-nyc.html

Here's a map of car ownership rates in NYC:

...see if you can afford to live in one of those light blue neighborhoods where car ownership is under 25%. That number includes the super-rich, so if you're just hanging out with regular people and looking to meet a nice girl who's still young, nobody will even notice if you can drive or not. You'll be fine!

Old 06-30-2013, 05:29 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
A pilot's license will work just as well.

(P.S. Any woman who demands a driver's license from her boyfriend is far too stupid to consider dating.)

Old 06-30-2013, 07:00 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,238,429 times
This is about the only place in the US where having no vehicle makes no difference to your prospects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City