Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 08:23 AM

8,689 posts, read 11,076,893 times

Advertisements

I saw drunk people who vomit on themselves while being unconscious on the subway/LIRR.....most digusting thing ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 08:25 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
So I see vomit on the street pretty much every day. I saw 4 different "occurrences" of it today in a 3 block walk. I attribute it to the fact I live near a bunch of bars and NYU although its much much more now that it's summer.

So what about you? How often do you see puke on the street?
If you live by a college expect to see some vomit from time to time. I live by Fordham U in the Bronx so I'm accustomed.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:49 AM

37,135 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
East Village and Williamsburg is full of street vomit. Lets not forget so much urine is one the streets too of these places too. This is the price you pay when you live in hip, cool, trendy and transient type of folks neighborhood. I bet the vast majority of people throwing up on the streets are of East Village, LES and Williamsburg are probably from Michigan and Ohio!
Vast majority? That would be ridiculous. Maybe one out of twenty if you're only counting the bougie parts, and far less if you're including the non-bougie parts.

I know it's a side comment, but how did people get the impression that Ohio (or Michigan, though I hear this a lot less often) are such a huge contingent?

Old 08-19-2013, 09:12 AM

573 posts, read 1,462,400 times
lol this is what you get for living in a hip/trendy area with "vibrant nightlife" . One thing I noticed is for the most part you only see that in wasp areas, like them dudes really love to get f'd up lol

Old 08-19-2013, 09:31 AM

756 posts, read 2,279,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqt View Post

I was one time with my boyfriend in the meatpacking district on a Tuesday night, he suddenly covers my eyes and rushes me down the street and said there was the biggest pile of vomit he had ever seen and it even grossed him out. I'm so worried that I'll see something like that and nearly step in it or something.
This made me laugh. I have an incredibly weak stomach for vomit as well, so now my boyfriend knows to protect me from it lest I vomit myself!

I used to see it quite frequently along Sixth Avenue near the West 4th Street subway, but now I haven't seen any since moving to the East Village. Go figure!

Old 08-20-2013, 06:19 AM

250 posts, read 503,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
I saw drunk people who vomit on themselves while being unconscious on the subway/LIRR.....most digusting thing ever.
These guys need to be woken up, or otherwise put into recovery position, otherwise they're at risk of aspirating and doing serious harm to themselves.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:37 AM

273 posts, read 672,701 times
Hmm, in Astoria really on a weekend maybe two to three times a year I see it. Urine in the doorways of the some of the light manufacturing companies is far more prevalent.

You would truly need to move to a very residential area and even in Bay Ridge, some of the stations do smell like urine at the far ends due more to people not having access to a bathroom as well as inebriation.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:59 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,539,204 times
Thats one reason why even if I was filthy rich I would still choose to live in Brooklyn over Manhattan.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 AM

420 posts, read 697,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
So I see vomit on the street pretty much every day. I saw 4 different "occurrences" of it today in a 3 block walk. I attribute it to the fact I live near a bunch of bars and NYU although its much much more now that it's summer.
Sounds more like they experimented with stop and frisk in your area.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:47 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,497 times
I've been in the city (manhattan) for 8+ years. I can never ever remember it being soo disgusting.

My gf and I were getting in a car to head to airport on Wednesday afternoon. Broad daylight, 10am, corner of houston and lafayette. Some low life was just standing there on the curb relieving himself in the street. The city can offer some amazing things. But the small percentage of low lifes really can make it a disgusting and uncomfortable place to live. They just opened brand new condos on corner of mulberry and houston....beautiful really....and within two weeks, there is spray paint all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: