Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 08:50 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,240,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I see vomit on the street pretty much every day.
Perhaps a "People-scooper" law is needed.
NYC Department of Sanitation
Back in the day, there were dog droppings everywhere. Worse than vomit, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 04:38 PM
xqt

76 posts, read 129,172 times
My worst nightmare just occurred.
I was walking up West End and had reached 76th. Suddenly..a woman halfway down the street begins to vomit. I saw, smelt, and heard it. I have a phobia of vomit. I ran across the street from her and sat on the sidewalk, feeling frozen, and had a panic. I don't think she was wasted. Now I am feeling very paranoid. Still panicked.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xqt View Post
My worst nightmare just occurred. ... I have a phobia of vomit. ... Still panicked.
Then, I guess, these are your least favorite smileys:
Vomit Smiley Photos, Vomit Smiley Pictures, Vomit Smiley Images

Old 08-31-2013, 04:17 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times

Vomit on live tv! Throw-up on the news! Guy pukes! - YouTube

Old 08-31-2013, 05:44 PM

916 posts, read 2,246,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Perhaps a "People-scooper" law is needed.
NYC Department of Sanitation
Back in the day, there were dog droppings everywhere. Worse than vomit, IMO.
What do you back in the day? There are still dog droppings everywhere today. And as much as I hate
dog droppings, it's still better than vomit 10X times as far as level of disgust. Plus breathing air near an
episode of vomiting can make you sick because of Norovirus can be transmitted through air if the person
was carrying disease.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:22 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,767,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqt View Post
UGH
I have a phobia of vomit so I am always wary of this. I have walked past a few spots where I can tell vomit was wiped up, or sometimes I encounter a block that absolutely reeks of vomit and panic a bit. (This happened very often when I lived in Southern Williamsburg, areas reeking of vomit. I have never seen anything like this in say, the UWS.)
How often do you actually see people vomit on the streets?
And do people ever vomit on the train? I am so afraid of that happening.

I was one time with my boyfriend in the meatpacking district on a Tuesday night, he suddenly covers my eyes and rushes me down the street and said there was the biggest pile of vomit he had ever seen and it even grossed him out. I'm so worried that I'll see something like that and nearly step in it or something.
Ergh I am the same way, Ia m also afraid of v.
I live in Philly and travel alot to Manhattan for work.
Most of my friends warned me not to go to Williamsburg so I never did.
But one time I saw a girl got sick in front of me at Penn Station. I literally ran way from her. I had to find a a laundromat and wash all my clothes just in case. All I had in my mind was "Hydrochloric acid and pepsin damaging my trenchcoat"
In Phlly, there is a methadone clinic on Market East, where I can take train to go to work. I am always vigilant when I pass thru the area.
I saw a pile of "sickness" one day, and I freaked out and got a panic attack. I did not go to work that day.

*shudder*

Old 08-27-2014, 02:39 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,679,941 times
in publicnot so bad because you can just run away from it. imagine what its like to be on a plane and someone vomits. you can't escape

Old 08-27-2014, 02:59 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Ergh I am the same way, Ia m also afraid of v.
I live in Philly and travel alot to Manhattan for work.
Most of my friends warned me not to go to Williamsburg so I never did.
But one time I saw a girl got sick in front of me at Penn Station. I literally ran way from her. I had to find a a laundromat and wash all my clothes just in case. All I had in my mind was "Hydrochloric acid and pepsin damaging my trenchcoat"
In Phlly, there is a methadone clinic on Market East, where I can take train to go to work. I am always vigilant when I pass thru the area.
I saw a pile of "sickness" one day, and I freaked out and got a panic attack. I did not go to work that day.

*shudder*
So you're that guy who goes and gets the $20,000 shots to the stomach after a bat flies over your head "in case" there's "any chance" you might have gotten rabies

Old 08-27-2014, 05:49 PM

Hot town! Summer in the city!
Bottomless brunch leads to puking, urinating and other bad behavior outside New York bar

Old 08-28-2014, 10:19 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,767,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
So you're that guy who goes and gets the $20,000 shots to the stomach after a bat flies over your head "in case" there's "any chance" you might have gotten rabies
No. I do not know what you are talking about.
I have emetophobia. It is not as much as I am afraid that I will get sick of it, but how in my head my belongings will get damaged. 0
I can eat with my hands with no problems. In fact I was so careless when I was in Indonesia while eating food from the street vendor that I got hepatitis. (oops)
It is not funny to make fun of people's anxiety problem, btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: