Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 12:33 PM

40 posts, read 48,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
So basically you want to use your fake green card to come here and leach off obama care? Hm. No thanks.
If I wanted to leech I would not bother with any insurance now would I?
I would simply show up with my wife in emergency care room.
And no, I am not using any green card, why would I? Do you show birth certificate when applying for job? I very much doubt that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 12:36 PM

1 more question for New Yorkers, how is it with child care? How affordable is it, are there any public services in this area or is everything private? How does average new york mom deal with it? Do they hire au-pair or do they stay at home or do you have say kindergarden schools for little babies?

Old 10-06-2013, 12:39 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,926,435 times
Nobody noticed that there is something "off" here ?

Old 10-06-2013, 12:39 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magecarin View Post
And no, I am not using any green card, why would I? Do you show birth certificate when applying for job? I very much doubt that.
Actually, yes, we had to provide our passport # in addition to our SSN for our work paper work. People with green cards had to provide them.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Nobody noticed that there is something "off" here ?
only everythin'.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Oh, really ?
In that case, if you do come, you are in for at least one big surprise.

This is a ridiculous thread, but I might as well point out that we do INDEED show proof of citizenship for jobs.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:45 PM

Ups I am sorry for coming here and asking for advices, I assumed this was a place for it and since some of you live in NYC and I don't you have info which might be useful - silly me. Not sure what exactly is "off" but I guess our situation is bit unique.

I don't really want to argue about paper and documents and legality and all that, I did not really bring this one up nor do I think it matters much that we all agree, we can simply agree to disagree on these issues and leave it at that.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Oh, really ?
In that case, if you do come, you are in for at least one big surprise.

This is a ridiculous thread, but I might as well point out that we do INDEED show proof of citizenship for jobs.
ok I did not know that, you see we do not do that in my country, simple ID is fine

I would think that it's bit silly - is not SSN proof enough? You can not get one without having permission to work as well...

Old 10-06-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
ok I did not know that, you see we do not do that in my country, simple ID is fine

I would think that it's bit silly - is not SSN proof enough? You can not get one without having permission to work as well...
Well your are a glowing example of why you need more than a SSN to get a job!

No one cares what they do in your country.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:

You might want to "read up" a bit, you know, on your own and all.

FYI - Of late, I have noticed people showing up here from the failing Irish and Greek economies in particular, a desperate and not especially qualified bunch - the latter a requirement here before hiring. You must be deemed more qualified than any citizen applicants. This came to my notice when I saw a few people "appointed" who were notably UNqualified, with the exception of having friendships and shared nationalities with the people in charge. Cronyism at its best. Under the radar now but not for long as things worsen.

There will be a backlash about this and I think it is justified. Citizens are looking for work and should have first priority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City